**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Dare You Give Namor a Higher Prestige Than Goldpool?

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
What the heck! Do you know how hard it was to get that golden paperweight? He had the highest prestige in the Mutant Class, the one and only thing he was good at, and you strip it from him and give it to Aquaman! All the time, money, units, and resources for what? A mediocre regen champ.

#BuffGoldpool

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    There's always going to be a champ that gets released with higher prestige eventually.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

@Kabam
    All jokes aside, the people who bought themselves a Golpool are arguably Kabam’s best customers; the sheer amount of units required, just to have a favourable chance, is ridiculously high. So, on what planet does it make good business sense to devalue Goldpool? Wouldn’t that upset your best customers? Wouldn’t that lower the sales of future Gold Crystals?

Here’s my suggestion. Increase Goldpool’s prestige to match Namor’s. In the future try not to make any 5-Star champion have higher prestige than Goldpool. Why? Because with each higher prestige champion, Goldpool’s value plummets which will lower both the sales of your Gold Crystals and the moral of your most lucrative customers. Let Goldpool be the Gold Standard for Prestige Rating.

By the way, Namor is good enough that he doesn’t need the highest prestige to sell crystals - Goldpool does.

1. What? Lol.
    2. Goldpool is a Trophy Champ. People go for him because he's rare. Some might want the Prestige, but that's not really the main selling point.
    3. I disagree that they should increase his Prestige. He's not going to be the highest forever. In the future, Champs will likely come along that are even higher than him, and that's a never-ending cycle.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Kabam is looking for their next cash cow, which is Namor. Are you so new you don’t know how this game works?
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    Phoenix and thor rags were the top 2 for prestige until doom arrived and they both had higher prestige than goldpool so just quit it
  • MatiEspinozaMatiEspinoza Posts: 93
    With that logic LoL Ultron should have the maximum prestige and it’s below 9,4k...
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Unlike goldpool namor is actually usable in content

Unlike goldpool namor is actually usable in content

Goldpool isn't that bad actually,I believe it was KT1 that did a video on him and he's not that bad. Not great but usable.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    In a game with ever evolving prestige (and we know Kabam loves to market prestige) you never should’ve thought Goldpool would be top 3 forever. You should’ve known that Kabam would eventually release higher prestige champs to market and make money on.

A lot of you aren’t considering the potential value that Golpool Crystals can have, both to the players and the company. Just sayin...

You do realize that kabam probably made like 2 3 or even 4 times as much as they did out of the namor Crystal's than goldpool right? Even the whales know that the chance to get goldpool is very slim but getting namor is beneficial on all scales so getting him is more tempting to players. If the goldpool crystals made them a lot they'd bring them back...but nah
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Kabam:

You have no IDEA how long i have wanted to use that

You just became my favorite person on these forums.
  • @Skillful_star it would be nice if you could cite your statistics on Kabam’s profits. If you actually do the math on probability vs units spent, you’d know that you have a higher chance to pull Goldpool from purchasing his crystals. And they’ve actually brought back Goldpool Crystals at least twice already... so yeah?

I thought you said:

It is much more difficult and costly to get a 5* Goldpool, as he’s only available in the Goldpool Crystal; he is entirely unique in this regard.

How can he both have a higher chance to be pulled relative to the units spent, and also more costly to get? That seems contradictory.

My recollection is that the Goldpool crystals had a one in a thousand chance to drop Goldpool, and they cost 20 units. So statistically, it costs 20,000 units to get him in the crystals on average.

If you're going after a specific recent 5* champ you have a couple of options. You can go for them in the featured Cavalier first run, where there's a 0.5% chance of getting them per 300 unit crystal, and then on the second run where there is a 1.2% chance of getting them. There's also a 0.1% chance of pulling as a 6* in the first run and a 0.3% chance of pulling as a 6* the second time, so if we combine those odds there's a 0.6% chance in initial release and then 1.5% chance in the second run to get the champ as a 5* or higher. That implies about 50,000 units on average to get the champ in first run and 20,000 units to get the champ in the second run. I believe trying for them in fGMCs is going to be more costly than in the Cavs.

Then you can shoot for them in the 5* featured crystal. 15k shards per shot (11k discounted every two weeks with Sigil), one in twenty four chance to get a specific targeted champ. It is hard to place a unit value on that, but it is an average of 360,000 fragments (not counting the Sigil discount).

But overall, I'd say that if you buy crystals a given featured champ costs about as much to get as Goldpool if you buy the last chance Cavalier crystals. Otherwise, it is much more expensive. If you shoot for the champ in the 5* featured crystal, the cost depends on how fast you can grind/buy shards. But this method is probably cheaper overall statistically, if you can get them that way at all.

In any event, the revenue Kabam generates from people pursuing a champ probably starts off high and then drops off over time until it levels off at some lower value. It starts high because initially no one has him, so everyone willing and able to pursue him is going after him. But as people get him, the number of people still pursuing drops over time. But it doesn't drop to zero, because new players arrive all the time. Eventually the number of new people pursuing roughly equals the number of players acquiring and you reach steady state. Once this happens, newly introduced champs are likely to generate more revenue than older pursuit champs, because they will start off at a higher initial amount of pursuers (on average: different champs have different desirability).
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    What is this prestige I hear of? Is it the same as hero rating
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Here i am thinking if we will ever get Green DeadPool so we can play his quest and recieve revives for reward and Red Deadpool would give us Potions 😂😂😂
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited November 2019
    you all know that new champ cant be worse than the older ones. these new champs will have higher prestige. so when u decided to spend your money i think it is your decision. it is always a competition. why for example new players should be in bad position that they could not get champs that were previously released. to get money from you, company should release new champs that you want to buy and be higher, than others which could not buy it. so if you are able to spend money now, you will spend it again for the next top champ. no one holding you to play the game :)