**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing Alliance Quest Modifiers

Comments

• Couldn't select a modifier it said coming soon
  • DNA3000 said:

Map modifier said "Coming Soon" for me. I couldn't see them or set them. Not sure if I was supposed to restart game client or not; another officer started while I was trying to figure it out.

I had the same issue at first. I force-closed the app and when it loaded back up the modifiers were there to select from.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I restarted and they still said coming soon. So I just started the map anyway.
  • Why doesnt surprise me that this isn’t working kabam
  • DNA3000 said:

Map modifier said "Coming Soon" for me. I couldn't see them or set them. Not sure if I was supposed to restart game client or not; another officer started while I was trying to figure it out.

We've passed these reports on to the team to take a look at. If anyone is seeing this but hasn't restarted your app, could you try restarting your game before checking it again?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

We've passed these reports on to the team to take a look at. If anyone is seeing this but hasn't restarted your app, could you try restarting your game before checking it again?
    Me and several others did restart the game, it worked for some but didn't work for others. (Didn't work for me and now one of the other Officers started AQ because they didn't notice, so now our First AQ won't give any Bonus Points.) 😖
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Yeah, so now, some alliances can get the Honor & bonus points, and other alliances can't.

Yet another unfair advantage is given to people that couldn't make the modifiers work, and to top it all off, we are back to 1 hour AQ timers.

Would have been nice to have 30 min AQ for the rest of the year because of all these issues.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

Kind of late for that. we have people who are international who have to move early. we don't have hours to wait for kabam to figure it out
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    hurricant said:

DNA3000 said:

Kind of late for that. we have people who are international who have to move early. we don't have hours to wait for kabam to figure it out
    We had to start without them as well. These mistakes are becoming more and more frustrating.
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★

It's now embarrassing and frustrating. After having to prepared all 30 members for Buff. IT's broken. Kabam your so broken. I'm answerable to 30 members and you have managed to create inequality in competitive play again.

Sorry but it's not broken !
    Before complaining, just try to restart your game !
  • MunchFlob said:

Does anyone else find that they lose at least 5 minutes if not more every day waiting to be able to start the next round of AQ?
    It’s not much but over the course of the week we tend to be short about 30 minutes on the last day because of it.

Agree, and other alliances that don’t have officers who can always be around on-time to start next day’s AQ's lose even more time. Can extend into many hours time lost for final day for more casual ally's.

See below for suggestions for (and continued discussion about) an AUTO-START system of AQ, or at least an AW-Style ENLISTMENT ahead of time each day for the next day's AQ. So officers can discuss before current one ends which modifier they want to use for next day (or even which maps, etc), then Enlist for that next day, and it would automatically start once the prior day AQ ends...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/168027/automatic-start-of-aq#latest
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    restarted here, didn't work ... but too late now .. since we had to start the aq anyway ...
    *shrug*
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    It's all gone Pete Thong
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Although my AQ is running now, I did force close and restart to see what would happen. The modifier section still says "Coming Soon" when I try to look at the modifiers. I don't know if that is affected by the fact that AQ is already started, but I don't think it should: shouldn't we be able to see and review the modifiers even if AQ is running?

Which brings me to a big problem in my opinion that I asked about when modifiers were first announced (and got no answer for). The way modifiers appears to be implemented is completely broken for how AQ is typically run. We can't see them or set them until AQ for the week starts, and when AQ starts there is huge pressure to start immediately because we have to keep restarting AQ every day, and any delay means your last day of AQ is going to get shorter and shorter. What was supposed to happen today if it launched correctly? Everyone was supposed to stop, look at the modifiers (especially if they don't read the forums, which 99% of your players don't), think about them and discuss them with other battlegroup leaders, and THEN start AQ? That's ridiculous.

I think modifiers exacerbates a problem with AQ to the point where Kabam has to change the way AQ starts. I think we need the ability to "enlist" in AQ, just like we enlist in AW. Any time during day 1 we should be able to set up what day 2 will look like, so that day 2 just starts automatically with the settings we want. That way, battlegroup officers have all day to set what they want their own modifier to be, so that they get what they want when the next day happens. And no one has to be sitting there just waiting for AQ rewards to go out so they can quickly push the start button again. And of course there should be a day "zero" where we can set up day 1.

The way we start AQ has always been problematic. But modifiers has made it just plain ridiculous. If Kabam had thought about user interface design from the start, we would all have been fixing the modifier problem yesterday when we couldn't set it up properly for the start of AQ today. Instead of having to literally troubleshoot a problem the literal instant the week started, with virtually no time to wait for a solution.
    I feel like they’ve never had a strong grasp on the fact that small hiccups in AQ have huge ripple effects.
  • _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    i wasnt' able to select modifiers either, actually led players to join map 2 so their champs wont be locked in with no benefit
  • _Reef said:

i wasnt' able to select modifiers either, actually led players to join map 2 so their champs wont be locked in with no benefit

The Modifier Bonus Points are actually fairly small compared to the normal points you get for each map. Just at first glance it looks very loosely like in the ballpark of about 1/5th extra would be gotten from Bonus Points.
    So why would you basically throw away a huge amount of regular AQ points for the day by running only Map-2 instead of the much higher point maps 4 or 5 (or whatever you normally run for AQ) especially on day-1 starting Prestige Level being the easiest of the days so can probably use secondary teams and still finish. Especially since Wars are NOT taking place “in season” right now anyways.
  • KABAM, Can you tell us, when we go to selecting next day's setup, whether it will be “easy” to see what Modifiers we have already used (and I assume “Won” with, which sounds like that is what matters). So that it will be clear in picking the Modifier to use for the next AQ. ???
  • UndecidednoobUndecidednoob Posts: 7
    edited November 2019
    Bug with Modifier Bonus, for one BG it didn't increase although unique global debuff was selected on day2
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Bug with Modifier Bonus, for one BG it didn't increase although unique global debuff was selected on day2

Same thing with my group
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

We have the same issue as well. Only 2 of 3 groups increased even though all groups ran the same modifier day one and then changed to the next one day 2
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    For those ppl above... @Undecidednoob , @Frosty , @Worknprogress

Did your BG3 actually defeat Thanos 1st day ??

It looks like MAYBE the entire spreadsheet of Bonus Points is entirely on an individual BG basis ?
    For BG1 (assuming they cleared), the next day's potential Bonus Points (if doing a different Modifier for day-2) will move to the 2nd column.
    But for BG3 (assuming that group failed to complete Thanos), might be that BG3 is still stuck on the 1st Column Points List, because they had yet to have a Completion.

And so might also mean that each BG is totally independent of any other BG as far as what is considered a “different” Modifier each day.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

For those ppl above... @Undecidednoob , @Frosty , @Worknprogress

Did your BG3 actually defeat Thanos 1st day ??

It looks like MAYBE the entire spreadsheet of Bonus Points is entirely on an individual BG basis ?
    For BG1 (assuming they cleared), the next day's potential Bonus Points (if doing a different Modifier for day-2) will move to the 2nd column.
    But for BG3 (assuming that group failed to complete Thanos), might be that BG3 is still stuck on the 1st Column Points List, because they had yet to have a Completion.

And so might also mean that each BG is totally independent of any other BG as far as what is considered a “different” Modifier each day.

All bgs cleared Thanos
    All bgs had different modifiers day 1
    All bgs have completely unused modifiers day 2