**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question about 3*s

BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
Would it still be worth it to rank up and max out all 3*s?

Does it have any other value than prestige?

Comments

• Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    It helps in arena and gains extra shards by getting max sig crystals
  • Options
    XJonesXJones Posts: 40
    Worth your time if you want to spend more time grinding...

....better yet: for selling off when you get frustrated with game and go all Thanos on your roster.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    I occasionally rank up 3*s if its a newer champ i.e Mysterio, claire voyant etc
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Same, if I'm done with everything at the end of the month and have time ill go through heroic eq with the new 3 star champs that come out that are easier to grind out then higher star levels and mess around and see if i like them and want to pursue them at a higher star level
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    You never know if Kabam pulls off an event with restrictions. I use it mainly to get rid of excess ISO. I got almost all my 3* at max rank 2. Maybe I should do 4* next.
  • Options
    R3VO22R3VO22 Posts: 3

3* will have no effect on your prestige. Unless u grind arena, have plenty of gold or wanting to hit level up events. I wouldnt bother
  • Options
    XJonesXJones Posts: 40
    Yes 3-stars are good for testing out characters....

But Then I sell off any 3-stars I don’t like....

... just to give some feedback to the developers...

I don’t think that’s how the game works....but maybe it should?
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I rarely do unless I want some rank up points for solo events.

I never sell them or anything - helps with a little extra shards. But I rarely ever rank them unless it's a champ I really want to try or need some points to get over a Level Up or Advancement solo event
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 967 ★★★
    Level up event fodder when you have no other decent champions to level up.
  • Options

As others have stated, 3* champs are unlikely to help with prestige unless you're so low that prestige doesn't matter (prestige is calculated based on your top five champs).

However, also as others have mentioned, there are a few good reasons to rank them up in general. You might want to try the champ out, you might decide to use it for synergies and it can't hurt to have them at least marginally useful (but to be clear, ranking doesn't affect synergies), you could use them in some arenas, you could earn rank up points in rank up events, and occasionally there are rank-gated content that requires lower champs, so you'd be better prepared for those.

For me, the thing is that ranking up 3* champs does not really use any resource I'm constrained on and need for other rank ups, so there's no reason not to rank them up eventually, especially when lower tier cats eventually fill up and start to expire. I don't rank them up as a priority, but I do rank them up when I have the specific resources to do so.

If you're constrained on gold or ISO, I think you should focus on the higher champs of course. But if you aren't, I believe you should take all the rewards Kabam puts on the table, however small they might be, because they add up over time.