**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

With all the 5* crystals we get this month, does it actually make you worse off?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
With all the 5* crystals we get this month, does it actually make you worse off?

Why?

Because if you haven't yet pulled a God tier (or beyond God tier) champs, but other people have, you're actually falling behind other people in the race to a better roster.

With all the 5* crystals we get this month, does it actually make you worse off? 109 votes

It's been bad me for me - I haven't pulled anyone decent
31%
GamerMavRCK_INTEGRALGK_23Darkrider05Wayde0wilsonOrcDovahkiinHendrossNiteAndDaeLiss_Bliss_DONZALOOG1234DankestChefTexas_11OopsiAleorTehsigzorzWhere1tsATNopedroooBeekeeperLordNeo 34 votes
It's been so so for me - some decent champs
42%
PantherusNZLosspikDrenlinMrLalowFlareDogeAlex13369JohnyzeroDOKTOROKTOPUS16wegnerkSpiderCoolsAantho_fr3do_CupidBahamutStarKillerVIIDEV23XXXxLoganTDCxXLordRaymond3cookiedealerBowTieJohn 46 votes
It's been really good for me - I've pulled God or beyond God tier champs
26%
JarekRazorDevilJwallace25raffsterRicardo60289CliffordcanJmd82Hammerbro_64Saransh245Rougeknight87RysesilentagCyckRockypantherxX_Factor_AgentLoctiteSuperGluePHJfinJack0312tidusx2jrThicco_Mode 29 votes

Comments

• Sure there are "god tier" champs that can definently help in the game, but even if they aren't god tier doesn't make them completley useless. 5* whether the ridiculous OP or not are useful one way or another even if that is just ok the bench for awhile
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    It's been bad me for me - I haven't pulled anyone decent
    Unless you are at the top of the leaderboards this shouldnt be a problem.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Yeah but in Alliance War aren't you measuring yourselves against another alliance?

If the other Alliances are pulling better champs on average, you're falling behind.

Yeah but in Alliance War aren't you measuring yourselves against another alliance?

If the other Alliances are pulling better champs on average, you're falling behind.

Alliance War is an optional gamemode. Unlike AQ, there are no resources you can get only from AW and nowhere else.

Whether or not you win a war, it has no real bearing on your progression. Sure, it can net you some shards over time, but you get shards whether you win or lose, so technically you’re always moving forwards in terms of overall roster progression and never really falling behind. Falling down a tier isn’t ‘falling behind’ either - you still get season rewards, but just not as much as you would have gotten. You’re still gaining resources and shards, so again, you’re still moving forwards from a progression standpoint.

Overall the only difference is how quickly you progress, and yes, that’s variable from player to player. But an arbitrary period of someone else pulling great champs while you pull mediocre ones does not mean you’re falling behind, it just means your rosters are progressing at different rates.

Just focus on your own journey and you’ll be fine.
    Um, when did I say you're not progressing? Of course you are. But if you don't pull someone good it's slower relative to other people.

Let's say you're making $30k a year. That's a decent living. But if EVERYONE ELSE is making $90k a year, you're falling behind year after year. And with inflation you're falling behind even further.

We don't live in a vacuum.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    I’m saving all my shards up for a huge opening after cyber Monday. It’s going to be fun, but I have yet to pull an insane 5*. Best ones have been masacre and Symbiote spidey. Sure, sometimes I can get a little jealous looking at alliance mates pulling namor, corvus, blade, etc., but I have the approach of use who I have.

My alliance of mostly 200k player have gone toe to toe with alliances of 5-8 400-500k accounts and almost beat them. Sure, having great champs help, but it’s also about skill.
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    It's been really good for me - I've pulled God or beyond God tier champs

Why?

Because if you haven't yet pulled a God tier (or beyond God tier) champs, but other people have, you're actually falling behind other people in the race to a better roster.

Well I mean look at it this way. Back when people pulled Luke Cage, She-hulk, Spider-Gwen, OML, Colossus etc. People weren't happy bc they were useless champs that typically found themselves sitting on the bench at r1, r2 at best, but now everyone of those champs are very useful, get used regularly (even in difficult content), have most certainly been brought up to at least r4 and prior to her rework She-hulk was being considered god tier and I just saw someone here on the forums yesterday made a post about using SG to take down the Champion in act 6. So if you get a champ that isn't very good or useful now, dont let it discourage you bc it doesn't mean that they will always be bad champs.
    There was an experiment done I don't remember by whom.

But it goes something like this, the test subject (i.e., you) are assumed to be earning $30k a month.

Scenario 1: You get a raise of $20k a month and your workmate also gets a raise of $20k a month

Scenario 2: You get a raise of $10k a month, but your workmate doesn't get a raise.

It was found that the test subject was reported to be happier in Scenario 2 compared to Scenario 1 even though you're getting $10k less per month increase.

The conclusion is, it's not what you get, but what you get RELATIVE to others who are in the same situation as you are that matters.

Why?

so getting more opportunities to pull champs is bad because others also have the same opportunities but also may already have good champs?

so someone like this rando

shouldn't get anymore 5 star shards till everyone else has secured their "god tier" champ? is that what you're saying?

interesting...
    No.. what I'm saying is someone like that would have done much to have accomplished where he is now.

But someone else this month who is below him could be opening 5-6 crystals, getting all BEYOND GOD tier champs and catch up to him very quickly without doing much at all to have deserved it.

Is that fair?
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Alliance War is an optional gamemode. Unlike AQ, there are no resources you can get only from AW and nowhere else.

Whether or not you win a war, it has no real bearing on your progression. Sure, it can net you some shards over time, but you get shards whether you win or lose, so technically you’re always moving forwards in terms of overall roster progression and never really falling behind. Falling down a tier isn’t ‘falling behind’ either - you still get season rewards, but just not as much as you would have gotten. You’re still gaining resources and shards, so again, you’re still moving forwards from a progression standpoint.

Overall the only difference is how quickly you progress, and yes, that’s variable from player to player. But an arbitrary period of someone else pulling great champs while you pull mediocre ones does not mean you’re falling behind, it just means your rosters are progressing at different rates.

Um, when did I say you're not progressing? Of course you are. But if you don't pull someone good it's slower relative to other people.

Let's say you're making $30k a year. That's a decent living. But if EVERYONE ELSE is making $90k a year, you're falling behind year after year. And with inflation you're falling behind even further.

Gonna skip right over the nonsensical analogy.

Your question was whether you’re ‘worse off’ this month if you were pulling mediocre champs while others were pulling better ones.

No, you’re not.

Because at the end of this month, your roster (and the amount of content you’ve completed) will be in a better place than at the start of the month. How else would you quantify “better off” or “worse off”?

Yes, you may be progressing slower than other people. But other players’ accounts makes absolutely no difference to your journey as a summoner. Their pulls don’t affect your pulls.

Your question was whether you’re ‘worse off’ this month if you were pulling mediocre champs while others were pulling better ones.

No, you’re not.

Because at the end of this month, your roster (and the amount of content you’ve completed) will be in a better place than at the start of the month. How else would you quantify “better off” or “worse off”?

Yes, you may be progressing slower than other people. But other players’ accounts makes absolutely no difference to your journey as a summoner. Their pulls don’t affect your pulls.
    Yeah but RELATIVE to another player how can you be "better off" if you pulled x5 Meme tier and he/she pulled x5 God Tier champs?
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★

No, you’re not.

Yeah but RELATIVE to another player how can you be "better off" if you pulled x5 Meme tier and he/she pulled x5 God Tier champs?
    What exactly are you asking for here? Kabam to just stop putting shards in quests or what?
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Just think about how much better off you’d be if nobody ever got another shard again.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

No, you’re not.

Why are you so stubbornly fixated on comparing your account to another player’s?

Focus on your own progression, enjoy the game - like I said, it’s only a ‘race’ if you make it out to be one in your head.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    If you are counting on increased shards this month in the race to a better roster you have already lost. This race is one by one of two things... money and/or massive time and grind including arena.

Play at your own pace and progression. Don’t play a race to the best roster. It’s a game, enjoy it.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Pulling many god tier champs doesn’t help if you got no resources to rank them up. In October, I pulled 6* sparkles, 5* AA, Corvus, Namor, domino, fury. What good is it if I don’t have resources to rank all of them up?

No, you’re not.

What exactly are you asking for here? Kabam to just stop putting shards in quests or what?
    All I'm saying is BE CAREFUL what you ask for. More rewards isn't always a good thing.
    Ryse said:

I was going to quit the game but held on thinking let me just finish this month if I couldnt push 4.3.1 onwards. I had 4* and only 3 5* wolverine x23, mordo and sup IM. Suddenly I pulled off Nick fury in legendary and Aegon from 5* shard crystal. Right now, I just finished Conqueror. I am going for uncollected at the moment. and fury and Aegon are two helluva killers to be very honest.

Be satisfied with whatever comes your way. One day, the sun shines down on everyone at one point.

P.S. you dont need got tier champs just good ones enough to be standing in fights rather than being blasted away. rest is all skill work and reflexes

I'm happy that you've pulled a Nick Fury and an Aegon from the 5* crystal shards.

But again, compared to people who have grinded in the arenas to get those hard to come by 5* shards, you've effectively gotten those God Tier 5* for free this month with all the easy shards rewards.

I'm still happy for you, but I'm also sad for people who have had to grind for those shards.
    zuffy said:

Pulling many god tier champs doesn’t help if you got no resources to rank them up. In October, I pulled 6* sparkles, 5* AA, Corvus, Namor, domino, fury. What good is it if I don’t have resources to rank all of them up?

It is still better to have pulled those champs than to not have pulled them, no?
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    You can't be serious lol
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★

No, you’re not.

All I'm saying is BE CAREFUL what you ask for. More rewards isn't always a good thing.
    Yes it is...