**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Kdog76Kdog76 Posts: 60
    Ok so the poll goes against the rules. How about addressing what the poll showed ? How about posting the stats on how many poor hopeless players stopped after losing one attacker that is being used to justify such a clearly unpopular decision ? how about talking about the beta testing you did in this decision? show some kind of rational support and thought process for a decision that comes off as money grab to any normal player. So far the explanation falls flat and lack of any sincere caring about the outrage is insulting. Goes back to the same blind "we know better than you" 12.0 debacle.
  • AakashAakash Posts: 340
    Cael_Enix wrote: »
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    I am curious about the detect masteries now that its been brought up. This does make them completely useless. AQ has maps out there that list all of the opponents on what nodes. AW was the only place with variety (sorta) that they could be used. Can anyone tell me a purpose for them now that I may be missing?

This is something that I raised with the team, and they are discussing the situation now.

Hey Miike,

Any update on the detect masteries? A lot of class cores and loyalties were used to unlock them at various level...considering everyone gets them for free now what will be the future for these?

Possible Suggestion: Detect Masteries become Hidden Masteries and will prevent your AW opponent to see the class of that opponent...just a thought.

Thanks for all you do!

That is an awesome suggestion man!

• FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    Time will most certainly tell and I am being VERY presumptious here, but these AW changes seem to be a preemptive measure to counteract a large dropoff in featured crystal sales. With the announcement that 6☆s are coming, I have to believe that the demand for newly released 4☆s will diminish.

Spin it however you choose to in regards to game psychology and whatnot, but eliminating defensive kills and adding 2 more minibosses smacks of an increased revenue stream. You got rid of thorns and slashed tires? Awesome!! Facing 2 more suped up killers with full mystic dispersion evens that out right?

Side note, I assume you will bring Black Widow back to pre 12.0 stats now, right? I will commence holding my breath now.
  • Not sure if anyone brought this up yet...since there's no points for defender kills anyone with an Ironman or sim, could pause the match if they're getting beaten down and pretty much get arc overload over and over again until they win the match. Taking defender kill points away will completely ruin aw making it a lot less skill based. Also some rank down tickets may be in order for the people who have ranked up champs whose sole purpose is aw defense kills
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    I wonder y u guys dont consult with community b4 planning to change any major thing in game? Atleast with transperantly let us know about uor plan b4 executing! C for webslinger u got lots of like, banning cheaters u got lot of likes, but u r also hated many cases too like nerfing dr.S nerfing blockproficiency. Y u always dont discuss with community. U can always create a poll to check wat majority wants. Then u can do it! When u kabam will start learning how to make things better?
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    I noticed that node class will always be visible in the 15.0 AW update. Does that mean scouter lens mastery and class detect is available to everyone in the new update? Will we get some sort of compensation for opening those masteries and using carbonadium cores similar to when Will Power was nerfed?
  • vikky89vikky89 Posts: 80
    I think they are is a big exploit with taking out defender kills. U can just play unlimited number of tries with IM,SIM,Ultron just pause after regen triggers timeout go back do some damage trigger regen and pause again. Same with while facing MD champs like jugg. if he gets to Spl3 then pause timeout n go back. You dont even have to use any items anymore with regen champs. I seriously dont understand the kabam think tank. who comes with these useless changes
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Well... that's if arc overload will even proc, and whether there are heal blocks on the node. Remember champs like civil warrior (recently updated) magneto and such reduces ability accuracy. Furthermore, assassin and pacify also can prevent it from proc. Recent champs like yongdu heal blocks, octopus heal blocks while he heals, punisher automatically heal blocks... the list go on and on ...
    Immortal wrote: »
    Well... that's if arc overload will even proc, and whether there are heal blocks on the node. Remember champs like civil warrior (recently updated) magneto and such reduces ability accuracy. Furthermore, assassin and pacify also can prevent it from proc. Recent champs like yongdu heal blocks, octopus heal blocks while he heals, punisher automatically heal blocks... the list go on and on ...

Dude what are you talking about. I am talking about taking advantage of Arc overload or any another regen as attacking champs. Without defender kills I can just do unlimited tries without using potions until i take the node down. How does youndu heal blocks when i pause the game. And how many civil warriors u see as defender in high tiers none. Its full of mystic champs and none of them have ability reduction or heal block. And I can still get ultron regen at 50% and 25%, assassin kicks in at 18% health. I am not sure if u r talking about heal block on offense or defense.
    I'm talking about us using iron man / ultron against the crapload of tech champs that were added recently. It makes sense now why these recent champs all have some sort of heal block.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Immortal, are you from MMXIV? How's the alliance taking in the new AW change?
    Immortal wrote: »
    I'm talking about us using iron man / ultron against the crapload of tech champs that were added recently. It makes sense now why these recent champs all have some sort of heal block.

But how many of those tech champs do u see in defense. may be few place youndu none of them are tough to take down. Mystic champs(Magik,Jugg,Dorm) with MD and NC are the ones the most have trouble with, and none of them have any ability reduction or heal block. Now I can just fight magik or dorm on boss node unlimited times without worrying about defense kills. Where is the skill in that
    Same reward... most likely because of the same time release of that new crystal or whatever, not worth the trouble.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    How is it a bigger map with the same amount of defenders? That makes zero sense, the lines in between the defenders are bigger, oh wait more empty nodes? What a waste of time, no defender kills points is pure bs, I'm already seeing quits because of it, you think losing one fight and quitting will be more demoralising than spending thousands of units and still losing because both teams 100% the map, it's these blatant cash grabs that make you such a despised company, I stopped spending ages ago, if anyone wants a semi retired alliance, expert tier aq rewards , 55533, only war requirement is revive if you can't win 3 fights and the war is winnable. Hit me up, gotta have 5 r5s and be very active but if your sick of the spend add me in game. we will just drop a tier or two and not keep spending, we already did this and dropped from tier 2-4 but hey the wins are pretty easy now, barely any item use and winning 50%, most losses are when we hit spenders and shadow alliances.
  • @Kabam Miike can you please walk people through what the basis for this feelings statement you said earlier? Is there some sort of metric/data your company is using to make this statement? (Such as were there in game surveys to gather this feelings based data). I am not trying to be flippant just genuinely curious. I think explaining the basis for some these statements may help at least some people understand the reason in your companies decision making process, which could help alleviate some people concerns (not all obviously...some people will always complain). Making a statement based on perceptions of feelings is pretty hard for people to understand your reason for a decision and if data exists it may go a long way with some
    @Kabam Miike can you please walk people through what the basis for this feelings statement you said earlier? Is there some sort of metric/data your company is using to make this statement? (Such as were there in game surveys to gather this feelings based data). I am not trying to be flippant just genuinely curious. I think explaining the basis for some these statements may help at least some people understand the reason in your companies decision making process, which could help alleviate some people concerns (not all obviously...some people will always complain). Making a statement based on perceptions of feelings is pretty hard for people to understand your reason for a decision and if data exists it may go a long way with some

Well Someone here tried to do that. They had a poll open to get some actual data, and most of the community overwhelmingly voted against some of the changes like removing defender kills (95%), but miike removed the poll citing some bs forum rules.
  • D_EYED_EYE Posts: 18
    Any chance of a quick reply please? A lot of people place defenders with Liquid Courage and may not realize why they never get a kill.

Will there be any change for defenders on suicide masteries? Since the 13.0 update will power is tied to base health and poison/bleed to boosted node health, meaning you will die of poison in 60 seconds. An unfair outcome for people who paid for these masteries - most defenders being unsuable except robots/poison immune! Any changes to this? Please let me know!!?
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83
    Everybody wants no more Mystic Dispersion. Everybody wants be able to use a big rooster of heroes in attack and defense. Until the politic keep MD you can change map or nodes but war still boring and unfunny. A lot of months players ask this change. Why kabam must keep Md??? For a "real change" of war metagame remove MD is "the only way". And you know this.
    Now, instead 3 Juggy, Magik or Dormammu miniboss we play Aginst 5 Juggy, Magik or Dormammu miniboss.
    Where's the news??? Why should be more funny and not boring???
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Ok so now I seriously am fed up with all this whining "oooh the want us to spend". First of all, this is a COMPANY not a charity. You are playing for free, of course they try to increase their revenue. In any case the statement doesn't hold, as there are currently many ways to play for free at top levels. I am a non spending 350k player in AW1 and AQ top 50. You get 6kpotions from the glory store, revives as well, units from arena, what the hell do you guys complain about??? I can't stand this whining. Second thing, in anything this reduces items usage. Just bring in a duped ironman or ultron, and kill the boss in 20 fights, even with nodes on, stop the fight at 50% life, timeout and repeat. Indeed @Kabam Miike I would like to stress the point that taking out defenders kills basically favors those who have regen champions such as ironman or ultron, and allows to pause-quit or timeout and restart the fight without any drawbacks. I don't know whether you guys considered that, it looks like a problem to me.
    Thanks
  • SquareSquare Posts: 19
    So you are taking slashed tires and thorns node away but will replace them with 5 mini bosses.
  • SubTypicalSubTypical Posts: 64
    You guys have brought on more and more mods over the past few months. How come we don't see any increased interactions here? Always the same...respond to the first few select posts in unpopular threads, then crickets. Seems the only thing these mods were brought on for was to close out threads.
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    Ok so now I seriously am fed up with all this whining "oooh the want us to spend". First of all, this is a COMPANY not a charity. You are playing for free, of course they try to increase their revenue. In any case the statement doesn't hold, as there are currently many ways to play for free at top levels. I am a non spending 350k player in AW1 and AQ top 50. You get 6kpotions from the glory store, revives as well, units from arena, what the hell do you guys complain about??? I can't stand this whining. Second thing, in anything this reduces items usage. Just bring in a duped ironman or ultron, and kill the boss in 20 fights, even with nodes on, stop the fight at 50% life, timeout and repeat. Indeed @Kabam Miike I would like to stress the point that taking out defenders kills basically favors those who have regen champions such as ironman or ultron, and allows to pause-quit or timeout and restart the fight without any drawbacks. I don't know whether you guys considered that, it looks like a problem to me.
    Thanks

Issue is not about spending, its about not rewarding skill. There should be some kinda of penalty if you die on a node. When matched up against a big spending alliance other ally had a chance of a win by virtue of their skill n defense kills. This prevented abusing regen champs by the method u mentioned above. Now with defense kills gone its all about who can spend big on potions.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    vikky89 wrote: »
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    Thanks

Issue is not about spending, its about not rewarding skill. There should be some kinda of penalty if you die on a node. When matched up against a big spending alliance other ally had a chance of a win by virtue of their skill n defense kills. This prevented abusing regen champs by the method u mentioned above. Now with defense kills gone its all about who can spend big on potions.

I agree, and indeed I asked him whether they figured a way to avoid the exploitation
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    This update will ruin AW. Plain and simple. It was already in a desperate need for an update, but this is taking it backwards. AW should be skillled based more than anything. We are competing against other allys to see who is more skilled and organised. A lower rating ally should be able to beat a higher rated ally if they have the skill. This won't be possible now as even if the lower rating ally can 100% the map with half as many deaths, all the higher rating ally has to do is also 100% and win on defender rating and diversity. Doesn't seem fair at all.

And LMFAO, the statement about removing defender kills so it doesn't make the player feel bad for losing a champ has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Common Kabam, I know you guys need to make money but this is just obserd. Surely someone with some brains can think of a better way of updating AW without sucking the fun and life out of what could and should be one of the best parts of this game.
This discussion has been closed.