**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ-Specific Compensation

Since alliances are still being held hostage as we impatiently wait for AW rewards/compensation, I figured I would present another question:

When will we receive compensation for the 2 map 6 crystals and 5 map 7 crystals my team missed out on as a result of the bugs for last week’s AQ? And what about the bug on day 1 of this week’s AQ that caused us to miss out on points because of not being able to select a map modifier? Have you guys swept these issues under the rug hoping we would forget about them or are you guys working on that as well?

Comments

• IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Didn't they include the AQ issues in the general compensation that they sent last week?
    I remember there were some ~2k glory points in there, and some alliance revives and potions.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    IcsGrec said:

Didn't they include the AQ issues in the general compensation that they sent last week?
    I remember there were some ~2k glory points in there, and some alliance revives and potions.

That was for the issues the week before, he is talking about the issues with the modifiers, we will probably got get anything, its affects were relatively minor.
    He mentioned last week's bugs.
    The thing with the modifiers shouldn't have that much of an impact to require any sort of compensation..
  • JFortJFort Posts: 148
    Sure we got some glory, but what about the crystals we missed out on? Those are pretty important as well.
    JFort said:

Sure we got some glory, but what about the crystals we missed out on? Those are pretty important as well.

1 or 2 crystals is not that important, the odds odds in them are very poor.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    For the modifier issue, it really depends on whether it was a visual bug(where ultimately the correct points were still given but merely the display shows wrong info), or if the points were really given incorrectly. If its the former then no compensation is necessary, only an apology + fix.
    JFort said:

I thknk those 2k glory points should pretty much cover what you would have gotten in those crystals.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

For the modifier issue, it really depends on whether it was a visual bug(where ultimately the correct points were still given but merely the display shows wrong info), or if the points were really given incorrectly. If its the former then no compensation is necessary, only an apology + fix.

Some alliances haven't been able to select them at all. It either was or still is showing coming soon for the modifiers
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    JFort said:

You got more than just glory. You also got revives and potions too.

JFort said:

Which is true but that still doesn't account for less t5b and t2a some alliances got for not completing a day and finishing in a lower rank bracket.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

JFort said:

Which is true but that still doesn't account for less t5b and t2a some alliances got for not completing a day and finishing in a lower rank bracket.
    True but I feel like that was a very small part of what happened and it didn't happen to most. I think the comp was for issues that effected everyone all around and in the same manner. Our alliance didn't have any issues with finishing AQ (30 min timers helped with that) and we were able to match make every war. I think they were just finding the all around best solution for everyone.

There are two issues here:

First - last weeks AQ from maintenance issue, yes compensation was received but this was for all alliances - which means that for the unaffected alliances who managed to 100% complete before the game was taken down they have affectively received twice maybe even three times, as they would have got the Map completion rewards an enhanced rank place due to so many having dropped key points and prestige on day 1 which has a knock on affect to all other days point scoring, add on top of that the compensation received that just doesn't seem fair.

Second - This current AQ a number of Alliances could not select the Modifiers on the first day, there were posts in relation to this on the forum, as a result of this my Alliance are losing out on T5B Frags because we could not maximise the unique Modifiers being used, and on top a vast number of Alliances will benefit from additional points on their final rank position.

These may seem like small amounts of rewards but they all add up.

So now you are upset people who were not affected got the same compensation package? Do you expect them to do individual compensation for every single alliance? What about every single player. That is just crazy.

JFort said:

True but I feel like that was a very small part of what happened and it didn't happen to most. I think the comp was for issues that effected everyone all around and in the same manner. Our alliance didn't have any issues with finishing AQ (30 min timers helped with that) and we were able to match make every war. I think they were just finding the all around best solution for everyone.
    Mine didn't either but I know quite a few that were affected so I'm just speaking from their perspective

Lormif said:

So now you are upset people who were not affected got the same compensation package? Do you expect them to do individual compensation for every single alliance? What about every single player. That is just crazy.

No I didn't say that but there were questions around what had been asked in the OP, I was meanly pointing out the facts of what had happened.

There is no right or wrong way out of what happened and how to resolve it but regardless of what anyone thinks some Alliances/Individuals benefited more from the situation then others.
    Except you claimed that it was an "issue" that they benefited more than others..... That implies you are upset with it.
    If they can tier compensation by who has which title, it should have been pretty simple to tier compensation by alliance rank the previous week of AQ before the issues hit. I’m just bringing this up to point out how atrocious Kabam has been regarding damage control. We have to wait forever for compensation and rewards when it’s something that will be a benefit to alliances, meanwhile Kabam is rolling out money grabs here, there, and everywhere. The MCOC community deserves a much better product, rather than a product that says “Give us your hard earned money and in turn we’ll give you bugs and emergency maintenance.”
    JFort said:

If they can tier compensation by who has which title, it should have been pretty simple to tier compensation by alliance rank the previous week of AQ before the issues hit. I’m just bringing this up to point out how atrocious Kabam has been regarding damage control. We have to wait forever for compensation and rewards when it’s something that will be a benefit to alliances, meanwhile Kabam is rolling out money grabs here, there, and everywhere. The MCOC community deserves a much better product, rather than a product that says “Give us your hard earned money and in turn we’ll give you bugs and emergency maintenance.”

alliance ranks do change from week to week you know?
    also offers are automated, itis not like someone is sitting there at 10am PST ready to push a button to send you an offer. Also emergency maintenance has been relatively rare.
    JFort said:

The previous week was also the week where some alliances started the 6th day available due to the time change so even that wouldn't be indicative of typical placements
    True that ranks do change week to week, but it would have been exponentially more accurate compensation if they tiered it by rank instead of title. Sure, offers are automated, but they’re automated into every single thing we do in game, which is symbolical of a company that is greedy. Emergency maintenance has been rare as of late, but the bugs are ever present and they just keep putting band aids on gunshot wounds.
    @Worknprogress i think you get what I’m saying though, just go back to a week that everything was normal and base it off of that.
    1) bugs will always be in the game, you cannot show me a bug free complex game because they do not exist
    2) there is no evidence to suggest that doing it by ranks would be more accurate, not to mention there are many more ranks for AQ causing more work that would need to be done, as well as more whining about why rank x got more rewards.
    3) offers in the game is who they keep the game open, it is not about it them being anymore greedy than the typical company.
    JFort said:

@Worknprogress i think you get what I’m saying though, just go back to a week that everything was normal and base it off of that.

A lot of rank ups can happen in a few weeks. I dont think there's a real perfect solution honestly
    You keyboard warriors can think what you want, you’re only here to get satisfaction out of contradicting things that people say just for the sake of contradicting. I’m a small business owner as well as a computer programmer, so trust me, I know how these things work and I don’t need you guys to agree with me to make me feel good. Cheers!
    JFort said:

You keyboard warriors can think what you want, you’re only here to get satisfaction out of contradicting things that people say just for the sake of contradicting. I’m a small business owner as well as a computer programmer, so trust me, I know how these things work and I don’t need you guys to agree with me to make me feel good. Cheers!

I am a systems programmer, I know how these things work too, so please dont start with the appeals to authority fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.