**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Focus on getting Cores - or T4B ? (Scrap Quest)

FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Anyone feeling we might get new Masteries not that long from now ?

Don't really know if I should stack cores from the Rocket Event (even if I have all the Masteries I need) - Or should rather go for T4B ect

Comments

• DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    What cores are u getting? Carbonadium or stony?
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    DLegend wrote: »
    What cores are u getting? Carbonadium or stony?

If u are getting carb cores, i suggest that u go for them. But if u are going for stony cores, i suggest the t4b to rank up your champs.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I have focussed on cores but I am sitting on 11 t4b
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    I need t4b stm
  • BigMoBigMo Posts: 175
    I am doing a mix of cores and greater ascendant crystals myself. My masteries could use a few tweaks but I need t4c cats the most.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    BigMo wrote: »
    I am doing a mix of cores and greater ascendant crystals myself. My masteries could use a few tweaks but I need t4c cats the most.

And you plan to get t4c from ascendant crystals? Good luck with that mate.
    Sorry the greater ascendant crystals. The give either t4b or t4c shards with a rare chance at a full formed cat. I expect to only get shards but that is OK. The greater ascendant crystals don't have any ISO in them.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    T4BC can also be purchased in Glory store so it is kind of tricky to decide on a long term plan to get Carb cores or short term needs on TB4C.

I think I still need TB4C until I can get 11 rank 4 4*. I am at level 53.
    Is it sensible?
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    T4b are available in many places in the game. Unless you are early in progression or a whale with t4c expiring in stash I don't see this as being the value play.

I have managed to I crease deep wounds and assassin by 2 points each through this. I refuse to spend money on mysteries post will power nerf so this was my chance to grab free cores
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    @BigMo

Are you 100% sure that the greater ascendant do NOT have any ISO? I'm looking to stock up on them but I keep hearing different things. I know it's a long shot but if they guarantee basic with a chance at class ...I'll take it
    Kabam, can we please get an official answer to what exactly is in the greater ascendant crystal?
    The greater ascendant crystal only has t4 basic and class shards with a rare chance to get a fully​ formed cat. Absolutely no ISO in it. It is the ascendant crystals that also have ISO. But I am talking about the greater ascendant crystals that cost 50,000 scrap. I have opened two of them so far and got t4c shards the first time and t4b shards the second time. I forget how many shards, I will pay attention the next time I get one. I think I will get one more and then the rest cores to max out assassin.
    Thanks! I was able to find a video online with what you just said. I'll only have enough for 1 crystal. Not sure if it's worth it. I spent the rest on several cores :(
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    T4b are available in many places in the game. Unless you are early in progression or a whale with t4c expiring in stash I don't see this as being the value play.

I have managed to I crease deep wounds and assassin by 2 points each through this. I refuse to spend money on mysteries post will power nerf so this was my chance to grab free cores

If you're still unlocking masteries I think the cores are the best play also. But I already have my mastery setup, and I'm not sure how much I want to spend on just stocking up cores. I might do a couple. But I'm neither early nor a whale with expiring T4C, and my first shot was a GAC. Ended up getting a fully formed mutant which then allowed me to 5/50 my Rogue, so that was well worth it. But also, I wasn't just betting on that long shot either: I had half a mutant in fragments so just getting mutant frags would have been helpful, and I had a couple other classes within striking distance of forming a crystal from fragments, so I thought it was a calculated risk. My second run through I got t4b, because leveling Rogue depleted my t4bs.

I think some of the options are just plain bad in general, but I think the GAC is a situationally good play, and not just for one marginal situation.
  • StefffStefff Posts: 121
    If it's not too late I would save up for the 4* crystal before cores. Mastery cores are great and I'm glad we're getting a cheaper way to scoop them up, but new masteries aren't as game changing as a shiny new champ, especially if its in the God or Demigod tier.
  • PharaohPharaoh Posts: 13
    Shiny new champs are nothing with no masteries to back them up. The yet to be released masteries may be the key to completing the unreleased chapters of Act 5.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Stefff wrote: »
    If it's not too late I would save up for the 4* crystal before cores. Mastery cores are great and I'm glad we're getting a cheaper way to scoop them up, but new masteries aren't as game changing as a shiny new champ, especially if its in the God or Demigod tier.

Some masteries can be game-changing: deep wounds, assassins, mystic dispersion. A 4* crystal only guarantees a random 4*, not a "god tier" champ.

If you currently get only very few 4* crystals, and/or you don't have many/any, I think it is valid to shoot for the 4* crystal because that's your more immediate need. But as to "god tier champs" both Voodoo and Hyperion are coming up as basic champs: if you are an arena grinder that's probably a much better shot than random crystal openings. If you aren't, that changes things somewhat.

Different players might be playing the same game, but they are seeing very different things. For me, I open a 4* crystal about every week or two, and most of the time I'm just duping something I already have. For me, 4* crystals are a valuable consumable resource, but don't, and almost can't, really change the game for me. T4B and T4CC can. For someone that isn't getting that much 4* crystals or doesn't have as many, every 4* pull is a party. If that's you, nothing wrong with using your scrap on a party.