**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why are Variant ‘classic’ rewards nerfed?

Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 349 ★★★
I just looking at an old video of waning moon and noticed that the rewards for classic that we get are different to what was given then. This was for polar opposites. We get a stony but it should have been a carbonadium. I thought the idea was to have it like it was presented at the time and in a ‘jump in where you left off’ style approach. It should be exactly the shame i thought.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    That was the reward for a temp quest versus the reward for a perm variation, the main rewards of which are much greater
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 349 ★★★
    Lormif said:

That was the reward for a temp quest versus the reward for a perm variation, the main rewards of which are much greater

So as event quests come back around the rewards are going to change you think? When its time for Modoks hotel to roll around the uncollected rewards will not be as they were in that month?

I've also heard that people who played these quests then can see their original progress on the classic mode and can jump in where they left off. Can anyone confirm this?

Hoo, look at that screenshot. Y’all remember the days you could use catalysts as ISO if you really wanted to?

Wow, what an awful idea that was

Thanks for clarifying that! Was wondering what the "+75" was all about lol
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★

Lormif said:

So as event quests come back around the rewards are going to change you think? When its time for Modoks hotel to roll around the uncollected rewards will not be as they were in that month?

I've also heard that people who played these quests then can see their original progress on the classic mode and can jump in where they left off. Can anyone confirm this?
    I think the Variant Classic rewards are taken from one of the lower levels of rewards however there hasn't been a back issue with a uncollected difficulty yet. For the original progress - that was an issue with Back Issues 1 but Kabam did sort that out for 2 and 3
    I think the Variant Classic rewards are taken from one of the lower levels of rewards however there hasn't been a back issue with a uncollected difficulty yet. For the original progress - that was an issue with Back Issues 1 but Kabam did sort that out for 2 and 3

Ah right so progress now is always reset to zero? What do you mean by 'taken from the lower levels of rewards'?
    For example i'm wondering if we will have the opportunity to earn the titles we missed before we started playing the game when those were added to event quests. Like Gwenpool agent of Cable...when its added as a variant will the classic mode have the title as a reward as it did back then? Maybe @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Zibiit can clarify?
    with that - I believe there were the beginner normal and heroic levels for the quests we have seen so far and I think, although it has been a while since they were originally out so my memory may not be on point, it takes the rewards from the Normal difficulty rather than the Heroic and yes, Progress will always show as 0 when going into classic variant now as I remember 100% the polar opposites one when it was first out but have had to re-do it from scratch this time
    Ah right. And no bud, your wrong on the difficulties. 'Blood and Venom' was the first to have separate difficulties which will effectively be Variant 5. It only stands to reason they didn't want players have having easy access to a carbonadium since its value hasn't really fallen. Props to you for being here since then though!

Ah right. And no bud, your wrong on the difficulties. 'Blood and Venom' was the first to have separate difficulties which will effectively be Variant 5. It only stands to reason they didn't want players have having easy access to a carbonadium since its value hasn't really fallen. Props to you for being here since then though!

I've been on the game since December 2014 :D I've survived the original AQ/AW's, the POST 12.0 fallout and still going strong haha
    I salute you sir. A resolute man of iron will B)
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

it is not an event quest coming back around, it is a modified version of the original event quest. The basic version of which will be much easier then the original, and the variant version will be much harder, that is how variants work.