**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

1* Colossus?

UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 5,400 ★★★★★
I just noticed that the 1* version of Colossus didn't get updated. Is that intentional?

I also checked my 1* Gamora out of curiosity and she does actually work according to her rework.

Please update my 1* Colossus, thanks.

Comments

• We'll pass this along to the rest of the team.
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 274 ★★
    ghost and quake likely not available to brand new players as 1*s. If there are 1* versions of them, they must have come from special crystals
  • Schwa77Schwa77 Posts: 15
    edited November 2019
    I think that sums it up perfectly. It would introduce new players to the Parry mechanic and help save them when they mess up, but he would definitely overshadow the other 1-Star Champions. However, that isn't a reason to not update his abilities, that's just a problem with the available 1-Star pool.

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Got to agree with OP - having one champ with 2 different mechanics in the game makes little sense and will just be confusing for anyone trying to learn the game. This makes less sense when you consider his new mechanics are actually more suited to players learning game fight mechanics. Sounds more like the extra effort to properly complete the rework is not considered worthwhile vs it being a pro-player thing.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    something smell fishy here, so with the new variant 4 and the use of one and 2 star champ for him not to received a buff as a one star don't seem right.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit what about v4 though? If we use 1 stars there surely he should have an updated kit?
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★

Got some info from the team about this and we will be keeping the older, simpler kit for the 1-Star version of Colossus so that we don't overwhelm brand new players. We feel the previous version of his abilities will allow the newest players to focus more on picking up the basics as they start their journey through the Contest.

Yeah, this makes absolutely no sense.

You don't want to overwhelm brand new players... but you force them to learn a character twice? Let's be honest here, that player is going to get a two star or three star or even four star version of Colossus fairly quickly. So, they're still going to have to learn the kit, now you're just forcing players to be cognitive of the fact that "Oh hey, this one character has different kits depending on star level."

That's ridiculous.

So... let's say a brand new player gets lucky and manages to get a 4* Colossus, or Taskmaster, Invisible Woman, Quake, Ghost, Proxima, Annihillus, Venom the Duck, Sym Supreme, Doc Ock.... or one of the many other characters who have unique play-styles or higher than average skill caps. Would this new player not then, need to learn the character? Are they hampered from learning the basics? No... complicated characters are great ways for new players to learn, because none of these characters prevent you from focusing on the basics but they also encourage you to learn more advanced techniques.

Besides, since when is parry not considered a basic aspect of this game?

Your concern also can't be "The 1* version of Colossus is so much better than other 1* versions..." because that's just ridiculous. A vast majority of two stars and almost every single three star is also superior...
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Got some info from the team about this and we will be keeping the older, simpler kit for the 1-Star version of Colossus so that we don't overwhelm brand new players. We feel the previous version of his abilities will allow the newest players to focus more on picking up the basics as they start their journey through the Contest.

I strongly disagree, abilities need to be consistent throughout the game to avoid confusion among players. We can live with the RTTL or LOL versions being different because those are specific instances in the game that you dont face anywhere else, but for the rest of the game every champ abilities should be consistent.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    tafre said:

Even though I don't find it very logical that the 1* Colossus is the old Colossus, I 100% v4 today and the new Colossus is certainly not needed for 3.2 but he would certainly make things easier for many fights. However, I just don't think "not overwhelming the new players" is a smart reason, it is not 2014 and ppl probably don't use their 1 stars 1 week after they start a new account.

Yeah I’ve done it myself, not even mad that couldn’t use him but getting sick and tired of devs make stuff up on the run.
    The reason stated is laughable, had no use for my 1* colossus after about an hour of playing and even if he had all the updates ablilities I wouldn’t have used him long enough or known enough about the game to pay attention to any of them.
    Seriously just looks like they clearly knew he’d be the best 1* available so didn’t update him
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

If you actually play the game as a fresh beginner you pretty much bypass 1* champs within first 30 mins of playing the game. Also didn't you give all new players a 2* IWIM ? hes a much more complicated champion for beginners.

So the reasoning is kinda weak IMO. I get he would make the last quest in v4 easier and can see that being more of a reason for it, which is fair as its totally doable without him.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Bidzy7 said:

If you actually play the game as a fresh beginner you pretty much bypass 1* champs within first 30 mins of playing the game. Also didn't you give all new players a 2* IWIM ? hes a much more complicated champion for beginners.

So the reasoning is kinda weak IMO. I get he would make the last quest in v4 easier and can see that being more of a reason for it, which is fair as its totally doable without him.
    I agree
This discussion has been closed.