**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wasp getting nerfed??

Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
In the latest Known Issues update, this was listed as an issue that would be resolved next update:

"There is an issue where Wasp is able to apply her Passive Stun on opponents who are Stun Immune."

This is one of the huge benefits of playing Wasp...Her whole play style against stun immune relies on chaining heavies and pushing opponents to s1. From the sounds of this update, if she tries to chain her heavy, the passive stun won't trigger and she'll just get wrecked. In my opinion, this will have a really significant impact on Wasp.

In addition, will things like limber/tenacity now also mess with Wasp's passive stun?

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Sounds like a justified fix even if it isn't pro-player. Stun immune should normally prevent any kind of stun to begin with. Wasp's passive stun should still be able to trigger on debuff immunity node though, so we still have that haha.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    Why would it still work on debuff immune? Stun still counts as a debuff.
    Amadeo01 said:

Assuming we are clear on the differences between passives and debuffs, the stun from chaining into wasp heavy is a passive, the stun from parry for example is a debuff. Since debuff immune only stops debuffs and doesn't stop passives, theoretically wasp passive stun should be able to work even on debuff immune nodes.

Amadeo01 said:

Assuming we are clear on the differences between passives and debuffs, the stun from chaining into wasp heavy is a passive, the stun from parry for example is a debuff. Since debuff immune only stops debuffs and doesn't stop passives, theoretically wasp passive stun should be able to work even on debuff immune nodes.
    It's not even theoretical. Wasp's passive stun works on Debuff Immune just like Iceman's Frostbite.
    I say its theoretical cause i haven't tried it myself, but i too believe that it should work.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    I know that it works on debuff immune (right now). I'm just not sure whether this "fix" is going to affect it. Theoretically, it shouldn't...but who knows.
  • edited November 2019
    Hey there, as others have mentioned, Stun Immune nodes are supposed to prevent any Stun effects, regardless of if they are Stun Debuffs or Passive Stun Effects, like the one Wasp applies when she combos into her Heavy Attack. As others pointed out though, since her Stun is a Passive Effect and not a Debuff, it can bypass Debuff Immune nodes. Hopoe that helps clear things up!
This discussion has been closed.