**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dr Doom Shock Immunity not completely working

FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
Is this supposed to be happening:

Pair that with this clip:

https://youtu.be/HhC7tvX1-1M

Doom is shock immune. Is this supposed to be happening ? Thanks

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I think so, he is immune to the shock debuff, but not the direct energy damage from dark hawks shield mode I could be wrong though.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Savio444 said:

I think so, he is immune to the shock debuff, but not the direct energy damage from dark hawks shield mode I could be wrong though.

If they could clarify it it would help. I don’t know what “shock effects” are supposed to represent.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Savio444 said:

The direct energy damage comes from the shock effect, which dr doom is supposed to be immune to, so i agree that this looks like a bug. On that note, what battle was this and what nodes were available if any?

Savio444 said:

The direct energy damage comes from the shock effect, which dr doom is supposed to be immune to, so i agree that this looks like a bug. On that note, what battle was this and what nodes were available if any?
    That was only a duel vs a random Darkhawk (no nodes). I tried to show it as sterile as possible
    After reading the abilities again, its more likely that kabam intended for shield mode to do an instant burst of energy damage on contact in shield mode, but made the wrong decision to use the word "shock" to enhance the description of the ability haha. I'm guessing it works similarly to how nightcrawler can still do deep wounds damage even though corvus should not take damage from bleed effects, something like that?

After reading the abilities again, its more likely that kabam intended for shield mode to do an instant burst of energy damage on contact in shield mode, but made the wrong decision to use the word "shock" to enhance the description of the ability haha. I'm guessing it works similarly to how nightcrawler can still do deep wounds damage even though corvus should not take damage from bleed effects, something like that?

Yeah, if they give clarification I’ll be fine with whatever it is
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

Savio444 said:

I thought since thing is shock immune, Electro’s shock damage back affects him still. But he is immune to the shock debuff.
    This is prob how they’ve intended it to work.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    It’s not shock damage it is energy damage
    Lormif said:

It’s not shock damage it is energy damage

Its energy damage yes, but the description says "... inflict shock, dealing x in energy damage" which can rightly mislead people to believe the shock is the source of the damage which since dr doom is immune to shock, should not be happening.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,732 ★★★★★
    For me it looks like a bug, either the description or the champion itself.
    If Darkhawk really should be applying an instant passive shock damage, and if Doom is immune to shock effects, then he should not take damage from it. Same goes for Thing.

Against Electro, no one is immune. That damage is energy damage and not shock damage
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,732 ★★★★★
    Then likely the description is wrong like mentioned early, and the word "shock" shouldn't be on there at all
  • Hey there, I'll pass this on to the rest of the team to ask about. Would you be able to tell us what mode you recorded that video in and if any nodes were active at the time?
    edited November 2019

Hey there, I'll pass this on to the rest of the team to ask about. Would you be able to tell us what mode you recorded that video in and if any nodes were active at the time?

Hey all. Good discussion here

I first experienced in 6.3.5 and went to duel him to validate (video above). Here is the Darkhawk in 6.3.5 where it first happened: