**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5 Month Account Progression - Milestone Reached!

OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
After some fantastically clutch fights against the ever-frustrating Collector - Act 5 is finally complete!

The Collector and certain 5.3 paths aside (cough Spiked Armour cough), this act was definitely one of the most enjoyable pieces of content I’ve played through, topping even Variant 3.

Now I’ve got to decide between these two for my first r5:

Currently leaning more towards Corvus, as I feel he could use the extra damage more, whereas Namor is still a nuke at r4. I’m also not 100% sure how useful Namor would be in Act 6, whereas I’ve seen Corvus being very effective in 6.1.

My second decision is whether to drop my generic AG on Namor (I do have the resources to take him to sig 200), or wait to pull OR (who I have as my lone 6*, but it’s pretty clear he’s not gonna be seeing those silver stars for a while).

Although Namor’s sig would definitely provide some nice utility, I don’t feel like it’s something I need immediately. I’m thinking it’s probably best to sit on the AG for a bit, unless I’m presented with some particularly compelling arguments for awakening Namor asap.

Comments

• MatiEspinozaMatiEspinoza Posts: 93
    First of all. Awesome account dude, congrats. Corvus at R5 helped me a lot, and I mean A LOT, to become cavalier, if you have any proxima Midnight to add to the synergy. You’re good to go.
    In the other hand, I wouldn’t doubt a single second to put that AG and all the sig into namor and taking him at R5 right after Corvus (in the case you choose Corvus before Namor)
    In any case, you couldn’t go wrong with any of these. Keep it like that pal
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Wow. You did this in five months? Is this a second account or did you really not play the game until five months ago? Either way, we’ll done.
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Step 1: Awaken Namor and take to Sig 200
    Step 2: Go into Variant 2
    Step 3: Profit
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

First of all. Awesome account dude, congrats. Corvus at R5 helped me a lot, and I mean A LOT, to become cavalier, if you have any proxima Midnight to add to the synergy. You’re good to go.
    In the other hand, I wouldn’t doubt a single second to put that AG and all the sig into namor and taking him at R5 right after Corvus (in the case you choose Corvus before Namor)
    In any case, you couldn’t go wrong with any of these. Keep it like that pal

Thank you!

I ended up ranking up Corvus and I’ve been loving the extra damage, it makes the EQ and invasions an absolute breeze and I’m excited to take him into 6.1 once I‘ve got the rest of my roster sorted.

As for the AG, I’ve got a couple 5* star crystals I can open soon so I reckon I’ll see what I can pull from those before I make any decisions, would hate to pull a champ I just used a generic AG on!
    Goodness said:

If you’re going with Corvus I recommend getting suicides
    They help immensely for him plus he’s awakened so he won’t die to them
    He was my mvp for 6.3 allowing me to get all the bosses minus the first two down in a one or two tries
    So I know for a fact at r5 with suicides hell be a beast in 6.1

Wow nice, it’s great to know he’s still a workhorse as far as 6.3!
    TRONG94 said:

Goodness said:

He was my mvp for 6.3 allowing me to get all the bosses minus the first two down in a one or two tries

Looking at their P.I, I guess he maxed suicides already.
    Namor is definitely worth the generic AG to me and the fact that you can pump his sig to max is a no brainer decision. I think his performance is excellent in act 6 and he is very helpful in variant 2 too.
    For rank 5 right now I' go with Corvus and Namor afterwards.
    I'm still waiting for him and OR with 2 mutant AGs.
    Fingers firmly crossed you pull them soon 🙌

On a side note, I think I saw one of your posts a lil while back - didn’t you reach Cavalier within 7 months of starting or something?

Wow. You did this in five months? Is this a second account or did you really not play the game until five months ago? Either way, we’ll done.

It’s my first account haha, but I was fortunate enough to get some really good early pointers from a veteran player I know, and I spent a long time on Youtube looking up guides and instructional vids.

I think the unholy amount of time I spent arena grinding during the first three or four months really helped familiarise me with a lot of character animations early on too
  • SeatinSeatin Posts: 52 ★★★
    Nice work boss, sick progression. Love to see it from up and comers!
  • VinayaJVinayaJ Posts: 21
    How did u get such good 5 stars in 5 months. I’ve been playing for nearly 4 months and I’ve got 7 trash 5 stars, most of which I wouldn’t rank past rank 3. I hit uncollected 2 months ago but seem to have hit a wall with act 5.3. So what do u think I should do while I wait for a good 5 star, cause my interest in this game is waning?
    Seatin said:

Nice work boss, sick progression. Love to see it from up and comers!

Thank you, much appreciated!
    VinayaJ said:

How did u get such good 5 stars in 5 months. I’ve been playing for nearly 4 months and I’ve got 7 trash 5 stars, most of which I wouldn’t rank past rank 3. I hit uncollected 2 months ago but seem to have hit a wall with act 5.3. So what do u think I should do while I wait for a good 5 star, cause my interest in this game is waning?

My first 7-8 5*s weren’t all that great either, so I ended up doing my initial run through Uncollected and Act 5 with mostly 4* 5/50s and a couple of 3/45s. It’s only in the last couple months that I started pulling some really great champs, which was what motivated me to work my way towards Elder’s Bane.

5.3 can definitely feel like a bit of an uphill battle especially with the class restrictions. I personally found Sparky to be quite effective, as his poise charges add a flat attack increase (which isn’t affected the class damage reductions). Hyperion was also great once ramped up with enough furies, and I also got a lot of mileage running Sabretooth and WS with the KM synergy, both making fights much shorter once ramped up despite the damage restrictions.

If you feel like you haven’t got the right champs to tackle 5.3 and keep progressing, I’d recommend focusing on one or some of the following:

- Run arenas to build up your unit stash (and shards/dupes/iso over time)
    - Run at least Map 4/5 AQ consistently to build up resources (so that when you do pull a 5* champ you like, you can rank them up quite quickly)
    - Focus on completion and exploration of EQ and side quests to build up shards - when I was in the middle of a bad luck streak, I found it quite fun to hoard my 5* shards until I could open 3 at a time (somehow felt less discouraging)
    - Farm potions off ROL, or revives/refills off 4.3.6

It’s not the most exciting list of thing to do but it’s very helpful in the long run, and having a set goal in mind can be good to keep yourself from becoming too disinterested. Hope that helps, I’m happy to answer any more questions you might have.
    TRONG94 said:

TRONG94 said:

Goodness said:

Looking at their P.I, I guess he maxed suicides already.
    Namor is definitely worth the generic AG to me and the fact that you can pump his sig to max is a no brainer decision. I think his performance is excellent in act 6 and he is very helpful in variant 2 too.
    For rank 5 right now I' go with Corvus and Namor afterwards.
    I'm still waiting for him and OR with 2 mutant AGs.
    Fingers firmly crossed you pull them soon 🙌

On a side note, I think I saw one of your posts a lil while back - didn’t you reach Cavalier within 7 months of starting or something?
    Thank you. I pulled Archangel last night but still sitting on the fence about using mutant gem on him.
    I'm a lil' blessed as Ghost is my 2nd or 3rd 5* so my progress was quite smooth. I don't remember whether it's 8 or 9 months for me to reach cavalier.
    I believe Corvus and Namor will surely make you cavalier next month. Just stack units and you are set for the title.

P/s: I checked, it is 7 months. But you can definitely make it quicker than me.
    Ah I’m very jealous, I’m still on the hunt for Ghost myself. And AA is a tricky one - he’s one of my favourite champs but I feel like the number of viable matchups for him is gradually dwindling in the current meta.

7 months to Cavalier is crazy, nice one! I think I’ll take some time to hit some practice runs and build up my resources again - the multiple consecutive Collector fights took a good chuck out of my stash
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★

5 months only? are you proud of all the money you spend or what?

It's definitely doable. My account is free to play. Uncollected end of the second month. I can see if you have the time then you can do Elders Bane (And luck with the right champs). I ground out champs in the beginners bracket and since then only hit arenas for T1a and T4b. Between work, side quests, all the EQ from heroic to UC it's hard to hit story mode. I would say it's less about money and more about time.
  • VinayaJVinayaJ Posts: 21

VinayaJ said:

My first 7-8 5*s weren’t all that great either, so I ended up doing my initial run through Uncollected and Act 5 with mostly 4* 5/50s and a couple of 3/45s. It’s only in the last couple months that I started pulling some really great champs, which was what motivated me to work my way towards Elder’s Bane.

5.3 can definitely feel like a bit of an uphill battle especially with the class restrictions. I personally found Sparky to be quite effective, as his poise charges add a flat attack increase (which isn’t affected the class damage reductions). Hyperion was also great once ramped up with enough furies, and I also got a lot of mileage running Sabretooth and WS with the KM synergy, both making fights much shorter once ramped up despite the damage restrictions.

If you feel like you haven’t got the right champs to tackle 5.3 and keep progressing, I’d recommend focusing on one or some of the following:

- Run at least Map 4/5 AQ consistently to build up resources (so that when you do pull a 5* champ you like, you can rank them up quite quickly)
    - Focus on completion and exploration of EQ and side quests to build up shards - when I was in the middle of a bad luck streak, I found it quite fun to hoard my 5* shards until I could open 3 at a time (somehow felt less discouraging)

It’s not the most exciting list of thing to do but it’s very helpful in the long run, and having a set goal in mind can be good to keep yourself from becoming too disinterested. Hope that helps, I’m happy to answer any more questions you might have.
    Thanks yeah. I guess I should start saving units cause I stopped really caring about them once I got a basic mastery set up. Is it worth getting masteries like deep wounds and assassin? They cost quite a lot. Also here r some of my champs: i want to know if it’s worth ranking up any of these 5 stars. I got past the collector with rank 4 4 stars but can’t seem to do act 5.3 at all with my rank 5 4 stars. t

o do
    edited November 2019
    VinayaJ said:

VinayaJ said:

Thanks yeah. I guess I should start saving units cause I stopped really caring about them once I got a basic mastery set up. Is it worth getting masteries like deep wounds and assassin? They cost quite a lot. Also here r some of my champs: i want to know if it’s worth ranking up any of these 5 stars. I got past the collector with rank 4 4 stars but can’t seem to do act 5.3 at all with my rank 5 4 stars. t

o do
    I definitely would recommend regularly saving up units, you never know when you’ll need them.

And whilst DW and Assassin are great to have, I wouldn’t recommend unlocking them just yet, as your roster isn’t particularly bleed based. It’s always nice to have the benefit provides by Assassin, but given that you’ll have to unlock both Despair and DW to do so, I’d hold off for now.

As for rankups, I’d personally recommend taking both AA and Cap IW to r5 once they’re awakened - they’ll both take you far in both Act 5 and monthly EQ. If you need a good power control champ, Hawkeye is another great option, and I’d also consider ranking up Red Hulk (good damage, poison immune). Void is also always worth consideration, though I can’t wholeheartedly recommend him as I’ve never had the pleasure of using him myself.

Regarding your 5 stars, both Guilly and Crossbones can be situationally very useful - I wish I’d had a Crossbones for the 5.3 and RttL spiked armour paths, ha. But personally, I’d focus on the 4*s I mentioned above before you decide to invest in your 5*s - despite what some people might say, you’ll continue get a lot of mileage out of your 4*s right through til Elder’s Bane.
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 459 ★★★
    @Octoberstack You have accomplished what I couldn't in 3 years.
  • Nice work!

Nice work!

Thanks!
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Congrats mate! I thought I was good at the game for getting uncollected in 5 months but you surpass that sir

Congrats mate! I thought I was good at the game for getting uncollected in 5 months but you surpass that sir

Thank you! Nowhere near as impressive as your 100% Labyrinth clear but I’m on my way!
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    5* Corvus and Namor? Label me jealous. Have a 5* Mutant AG waiting for OR/Namor, fantastic job.
    iRetr0 said:

5* Corvus and Namor? Label me jealous. Have a 5* Mutant AG waiting for OR/Namor, fantastic job.

Thank you! Both very recent pulls, delighted with them both. Wishing you the best of luck on your hunt for OR/Namor!
    edited November 2019
    Update for those who might be interested:

I ended up ranking Corvus over Namor, and the Cyber Weekend announcement motivated me to make a last minute push for Cavalier, which turned out to be surprisingly doable!

The first four quests were very straightforward, with Corvus doing most of the heavy lifting. I’d heard a lot of horror stories about the 6.1.5 Crossbones, but after taking the Bane node off, Corvus and OR made quick work of him (costing 1 revive to finish). Sparky was my MVP for the 6.1.6 Sentinel.

Resisting the urge to burn all my leftover units on cavs, I opened a couple 5* crystals to celebrate, and ended up with a 5* Cyclops dupe that pushed me over into my second 6* crystal, yielding:

Very happy I went for it now - who would have thought that Cyclops would be the true MVP on my road to Cavalier?
  • BananaGrantBananaGrant Posts: 95
    5 months? You're crazy man