**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Featured Arena new AI behavior 11/21/2019

The new AI responds to our inputs instantly. The AI stands in front of you waiting for your input response. They are not blocking, just standing there. If you try to attack there’s a good chance you get light intercepted. If they have a bar of power and you try to initiate contact they special intercept you. Our parry window has gotten smaller. They land hits quicker than before. They dash back faster than ever. The react and retaliate quicker than ever. I feel like Arena has always been a game mode that if played patiently was easy. Now being patient puts you in the corner. You have to take a risk to get the AI to to execute an attack or block. I understand bots are ruining the 5* featured arena. Apparently stepping up the AI is not fixing that. What it is doing, is making another game mode more punishing. It seems like every update this year has been focused around making the fights more punishing. I would think the community would spend more on this game if they could just enjoy it. Feeling like everything is intended to become more and more punishing does not encourage me to spend on this game. This game is such an amazing concept it has amazing features and design. Unfortunately the mechanics are getting worse and worse.

Comments

• MΛSSΛCREMΛSSΛCRE Posts: 101

in arena , now the AI baits your special attacks.

If I’m being completely honest I avoid domino in Arena now when using my r1 6* champs. It’s to risky and I don’t want to loose 70k points 😂
  • AngrySevenAngrySeven Posts: 10

in arena , now the AI baits your special attacks.

If I’m being completely honest I avoid domino in Arena now when using my r1 6* champs. It’s to risky and I don’t want to loose 70k points 😂
    i personally HATE fighting miles. his evades are ridiculous. like evading sp while he's in the middle of performing heavy?? i mean... come on mannn
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    THis happened to me for the first time today in the t4BC arena..after my 2nd hit into block - special... guess it had to happen one day.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    I guess that’s KABAM trying to ramp up the skill level, if we get used to it eventually we can improve? Also it is a 5* featured arena, sort of a high skill area? I don’t really know what’s going on but I don’t do too much arena anyway
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

yeah, that also happes to me. another thing i noticed that in act 1-2 & arena fight 1-5 the enemy takes very long to charge & execute heavy, but they charge & execute heavy instantly in act 4+ & arena fights over 10

I’ve mentioned this before. The AI has the ability to throw slow or fast heavies and even hold them much longer than normal. They do the same thing with their special 1 & 2 especially where timing is essential when evading.

• Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    Yes
    I have always felt that after the november update
    In the arenas especially, the opponent doesn't do anything at the start of the matchup, & when I try to do something like hitting into its block with a medium dash, i myself get parried 😂
    The AI is more passive & aggressive at the same time which is a bit of a pain in the ass
    As soon as I lift my thumb(to release block) & immediately tap my right thumb(to start a light attack), I get parried & comboed into oblivion
  • McocHPMcocHP Posts: 46
    An official comment from Kabam would be welcome here.
  • mufixmufix Posts: 42
    I know it's off topic but, yesterday I got death match on round 14. I always use the same teams for building streak, so nothing is changed on my side. Anyone else has this problem? I got 3 R2 6*: KM, Void, Sentinel. And it was from a user, not Kang/Thanos team.
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    This is correct. AI now stands and waits for your inputs. This will kill intercepts, special baiting etc.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I know what you mean. The other day I was patiently waiting for Deadpool to get off the phone, so we could fight, and out of nowhere the AI shoots me in the face!

Seriously though, it does feel like it's fighting differently.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    there are 3 champions who always play passive and is super tilting
    ultron, hyperion and sentinel
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Arena before infinite streak was always like this but seems to be more than ever since november update
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Agreed the AI in arena is more stubborn then ever now. Have noticed it in other areas of the game but more drastically in arena. They will not attack and just stand next to you until you try to do something and then they get a light attack or special in.

I have also noticed AI escaping hits on blocks throughout the game. Has happened in Arena but also in AW. Just happened to me on Thing AW boss. Hitting into his block and he escaped 2 hits into the combo.
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Can you respond to this? If there is another topic I apologize for over looking it. I would personally like to know why we don’t get informed about changes to the AI before they are implemented.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Funny. I made a thread on this very same AI Behavior. A whopping 68 people agreed with me, until Kabam Miike jumped in closing the thread and denying any changes. I call BS.

Thread can be found here

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/170969/did-kabam-make-the-ai-more-passive#latest

I really cannot fathom Kabam’s silence regarding the matter as also stated by @Rougeknight87
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    edited November 2019
    So they do make changes but saying they don’t mmmm I don’t make sense 🥴😞
    Just not as often as they would like but they do and have but won’t admit it
    How can @Kabam Miike say the AI has not been changed. Directly or Indirectly AI behavior has changed Big Time!!! The AI drops block and tries to bait all the time. All the AI does now is wait and counter. Once the AI has a bar of power it’s like a stale mate bc if you move your gonna get special intercepted.
  • GasHaulerGasHauler Posts: 174
    If Kabam is stating that the AI behavior has not been changed, then clearly there is a bug in the programming. I get that certain champs are meant to be more defensive by design, like Mordo and Hyperion because of their power gain mechanic, but I think the behavior algorithm has spread to all the other champs like the Coronavirus.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    I can definitely agree with this statement, but it's not just arena, it's in all game modes. The AI response time is getting more and more advanced. For example, I can parry with Sunspot, and heavy charge, but the AI smacks me before the parry timer expires sometimes. An then I have even tried to copy the AI movement.. when I dash back and the AI dashes in so fast, and smacks me. An then they dash back, and I hurry in dash in... the AI either blocks before they finish dashing back, or smacks me with a special attack!!!
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    This has been happening for a while... what I find that works is to keep your distance from the AI at all times... if you are dashing back and getting tagged, not keeping your instance far enough. Although what this also means is being forced to take painfully high block damage... but better than getting hit with a 5 hit combo or special...

Good luck!
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    It's The Matrix...Agent Smith is taking control of the AI to get rid of the humans.