**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

OG Vision Vs Dormammu

SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
It's that time of the year when players who aren't buying the OG Vision offer complain that it's too expensive and those are are buying it do so without a care in the world. But how about another conversation instead? How about we talk about a champ who is underrated yet the OG Vision is regarded as top power control. Lets look at some Pros and Cons with a VS each other.

OG Vision:

Pros:
Starts with power once awakened
Has Heal block on specials once the enemy drains to 0 which is easy with the SP2
Double Immune
Tech so effective in V3
Has higher base stats than Dorm (Attack, Crit chance, Crit Damage)
Has great synergies
Easy to use and simple to understand

Cons:
Power control ability is affected by him being awakened
Damage ain't great
Might have to play alittle passively when in need or power control and you don't have a special ready to go
Stats overall aren't the best
Is a Robot which can be affected by some champs abilities (not a big con tho on offense)
Has a Price Tag attached to him that for many players cost way to much

Dormammu:

Pros
Power control at anytime ready with an ending Medium hit (7.5% power burn)
SP1 has powerful all buff nullify
SP2 Has power lock and power drain
Double immune
XL so effective in V2
Mystic so can take advantage of Mystic Dispersion
Regen on Soul Bond detonation
Power control is not affected by awakaned ability nor is nullify or regen
Has great synergies
Has no price to him and has been in the game for years so many players have him

Cons:
Is much more complicated to use than Vision
Damage ain't great
Stats are worse than Vision (not Health)
Stats overall aren't great in game
Regen is ok at best without synergies and can be annoying to actually do
Can be abused on defense by Blade, Hulk rags or others (not as good as he was back in Mystic Wars)

So tell me which is truly a better champ overall and why does one cost so much and the other doesn't?

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    With Viz I can cycle thru specials quick because of his amazing power gain from his sig ability. I like Dormammu, too.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

Dormammu has the same double immunities while not being a robot, great for biohazard + nano-plague nodes.

His attacks are all energy, not many champions have high or energy resistance at all. Blade synergy reduces energy resistance by 30%.

Sig gives passive degen when buffs expire/nullify.

I do think Dormammu is better than OG Vision because his utility.

I personally agree that Dorm is better. Only thing Vision has over him is Heal Block to me.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

With Viz I can cycle thru specials quick because of his amazing power gain from his sig ability. I like Dormammu, too.

That is nice to have but Dorm always has access to power control at will with an ending medium so that does add to him as well.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i really like dormammu, he's super useful in act 5 and has synergy with blade, i use him all the time since i don't have another cool mystic champion, he does the job just fine

anyways where is the poll?
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I love using dorm. I can keep an opponent near zero power. Launch sp2. Never have to evade a special. Double immunity is a bonus.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Tbh i reckon dorm tops og vision due to dorm being more readily available than vision
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Dormammu has the same double immunities while not being a robot, great for biohazard + nano-plague nodes.

His attacks are all energy, not many champions have high or energy resistance at all. Blade synergy reduces energy resistance by 30%.

Sig gives passive degen when buffs expire/nullify.

I do think Dormammu is better than OG Vision because his utility.

I personally agree that Dorm is better. Only thing Vision has over him is Heal Block to me.
    If it is a regen buff, Dorm can take care of that. It is still quite common.