**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Changes on Hulk, please GOD!!!

Hulk needs an update, he's one of the strongest avengers on the HQ's team and in the game he doesn't even regenerate, there's no mechanic to play with it!

Comments

• DLWOLFDLWOLF Posts: 7
    If u can call that a buff, I know there's a lot of champs that need it, but u can't compare they with Hulk on HQ.
    He could have the same ability of Hulk Ragnarok, the resistence to energy damage (Limbo, Mefisto's aurea, Ômega damage) regenerating 70% of the damage. And he could stack furies in the fights, like sabretooth, but only using especials. Changing just some sinergies to improve the furies that he stacks and only. This would be great, simple and useful. Not this losing health to get a single fury and spend a lot of potions in the next fight to stay alive champ.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    DLWOLF said:

He could have the same ability of Hulk Ragnarok, the resistence to energy damage (Limbo, Mefisto's aurea, Ômega damage) regenerating 70% of the damage. And he could stack furies in the fights, like sabretooth, but only using especials. Changing just some sinergies to improve the furies that he stacks and only. This would be great, simple and useful. Not this losing health to get a single fury and spend a lot of potions in the next fight to stay alive champ.

Then he’d basically just be gulk with a different look, he’s had a substantial buff in the past, he’s not bad currently, many champs need a buff more, and if you’re going with the comic book strength argument why buff a solid champ over magneto? My assumption is you just pulled hulk and want him buffed
  • Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171
    Lvernon15 said:

DLWOLF said:

Then he’d basically just be gulk with a different look, he’s had a substantial buff in the past, he’s not bad currently, many champs need a buff more, and if you’re going with the comic book strength argument why buff a solid champ over magneto? My assumption is you just pulled hulk and want him buffed
    That's what makes 99% of people on the forums make posts like this
    I have a 5 star Hulk almost 2 years, and I've got a magneto recently (magneto is another piece of garbage in game, but who is so much strong on comic books) and I'm talking about Hulk because he has potencial to be much better than most Champs. That's just my opinion and I realize that It is a waste of time trying to make some change to the game experience.
  • Magneto is supposed to be one of the strongest in the entire MCU... garbage in game
  • LoneWing13LoneWing13 Posts: 21
    I've recently fought Thing in the contest, and I have a harder time beating him than I do the Hulk. Now that speaks volumes. In the comics, the Hulk has been considered the more powerful, yet on the contest, he's not unstoppable, he doesn't regenerate. He's poison immune but he bleeds, and he has a fury buff which gets stronger when he's close to getting knocked out.

I would suggest giving Hulk his own unstoppable buff. Maybe link that to a stackable fury buff that comes from Hulk receiving damage. As for negative buffs, he should be able to shrug them off. Maybe add some mild regeneration. What do you guys think?
  • LoneWing13LoneWing13 Posts: 21
    Aryl said:

He already had a buff.

Many champs are way more deserving than him.

A lame buff when you compare him to Drax, Old Man Logan, etc.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Aryl said:

He already had a buff.

Many champs are way more deserving than him.

A lame buff when you compare him to Drax, Old Man Logan, etc.
    No, at the time it was a huge buff and he was a great champ afterwards, but because the science class has had so many buffs and new releases and he wasn’t given tons of utility he’s become outdated
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    The issue with Hulk isn't that he's bad because he's not. He's actually a great champ and does wonders when his health is low. Plus he has some pretty great synergies as well. If you pair him with say Haimdall, Angela/Hela, Thor Rags and any last champ (She Hulk is decent) then you can use the Fury given from Haimdall to extend his Stun duration and stun lock the enemy into oblivion. What's that? It's only an 85% chance? that's where the Thor Rags and Haimdall come in, you can tank a SP3, get unstoppable and invincibility for 5 seconds, go again. With a high ranked Hulk, even crazy high health pool enemies have issues. Another good one is Haimdal, Angela/Hela, She Hulk and Daredevil as it gives an extra +15% stun chance (diminishing returns do factor in but it does make it more safe).

The issue with Hulk is the same as most old champs. They are alittle outdated and how they worked back then doesn't always work in the new meta. Some champs stay relevant even if they are from the old days (Magik, Hawkeye, etc) even if they are simple. Another issue is the XL curse where most of them have very low crit chances so all that damage goes to waste if you use a SP2 and it doesn't crit (but if it does crit then oh boy it's nice).

Can he use an update? Yes. But should he be above, DPX, Mags (both), Falcon, Cyclops (both), Captain America and WWII, Captain Marvels (both), DD netflix, Iron Fist (both), Groot, Iron Man and Sup IM, War Machine, Unstoppable Col, Moon Knight, etc etc. No. They deserve it more because Hulk is more useful than all of them for the most part. I personally think Hulk is great as is and doesn't need a buff because he works great with my play-style. That is some champs I play when they have low health, I start to play better by force and Hulk is a high risk high reward champ.

What Kabam should do is a general buff like they did with 12.0 (no nerfs) and change alot of champs with little tweaks to help. They didn't revamp most champs like they do now where it's a complete overhaul but changed one or two things here and there and made them actually usable.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Simply, forget anything you know from comics or movies. The hulk in the game is NOT the same Hulk you see in those universe's, and it doesn't have the same powers or abilities than them.

Besides, regen is bad for his sig ability
  • Bilbo_Idol1Bilbo_Idol1 Posts: 25
    I have a 4* fully maxed hulk at 99 sig ability and he is weaker than my Gambit, Venom, and agent venom all at 5/5 4* but only 40-50 on sig ability. Hulk definitely needs an update. He shouldn’t be weaker than characters that aren’t completely maxed out
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I swear I will never understand the logic of people who say that we should forget about the lore of the OG characters who need a buff

There is absolutely no reason for Gladiator Hulk to be any different from OG Hulk except for the fact that Gladiator Hulk has weapons

Plenty of people want to play with the OG characters in their best light, not have a storyline alternative be the best version

Just because the OG characters came first doesn't mean they should be worse and never get buffed because they aren't absolutely terrible
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I am not arguing just to argue, but that's the whole point of this thread: It makes no sense, none, for the OG Incredible Hulk to be a middle-of-the-pack attacker

It might never change. We can go back and forth about the game has different rules, but come on

The only reason the OG characters are worse is because they were developed first. No other reason! We don't have to jump through hoops and try to shout people down who think that isn't a great reason to have the Captain America who was literally in 20 minutes of one movie to be 20 times better than the OG version who he's based off of
  • Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    Forget abt others, Magento comes first.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★

I have a 4* fully maxed hulk at 99 sig ability and he is weaker than my Gambit, Venom, and agent venom all at 5/5 4* but only 40-50 on sig ability. Hulk definitely needs an update. He shouldn’t be weaker than characters that aren’t completely maxed out

Ouch!!! Hulk weaker than Gambit and AG??? For Venom, I agree, but, not the others.
    I have done a lot of contents with my og 4*Hulk(sig 99)/Void/Heimdall/Thor rag/Loki

I have a 5* r3 og Hulk and you can be sure that he will get to R5. He's not duped yet.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    So basically OP, if you are unfamiliar with the lore of the game, iso 8 is a weird unpredictable substance that interacts with each champions molecules differently. Some champs it does wonders for, like Blade, others it weakens them, like Magneto. It can’t be based off how they act in the comics because the iso 8 in the environment changes them so much.

So basically OP, if you are unfamiliar with the lore of the game, iso 8 is a weird unpredictable substance that interacts with each champions molecules differently. Some champs it does wonders for, like Blade, others it weakens them, like Magneto. It can’t be based off how they act in the comics because the iso 8 in the environment changes them so much.

So let's get a Raccoon with higher combo stronger than a OG Hulk, cause ISO 8 made it stronger hahah