**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wasp NERF rank down tickets required

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    TIL ‘prof’ hoff is a journalism professor.
    That makes the fact that he doesn’t fact check all the information even more of a joke.
    The fact that he actually has a following is still beyond me.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

TIL ‘prof’ hoff is a journalism professor.
    That makes the fact that he doesn’t fact check all the information even more of a joke.
    The fact that he actually has a following is still beyond me.

The National Enquirer still needs reporters. Those Aliens from space cant report on themselves.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    You people asking for RDTs disgust me.

Frosty said:

Champion spotlight from over a year ago. Just saying. Consider reading all the moderator comments in spotlights. Those help more than you think.

Completely agree. People tend to overreact and not read before determining a bug vs a nerf. Prof Hoff is one of the worst out there trying to rile everyone up without proper knowledge.
    To me, Prof Hoff merely acts as the voice of the community. So he will voice the opinions of not only the good people, who have justified views and opinions, as well as voice the opinions of the bad people(like those in this thread who complain about the wasp nerf). So in a sense i don't blame prof entirely for some of the illogical opinions found on his channel. In fact i find most of his offer reviews and what is worth is videos quite knowledgeable.
    He is the LAST person who should be the voice of the community. How dare you even suggest that
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    I’d ask for ranking down ticket as a Christmas gift by the way.. but not for wasp as she is good as it is anyway.. just general for one 5* champ to use on:-)
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    DarthPhal said:

It isn't a nerf. They fixed an unintended bug. Get over it and learn to intercept.

What has intercepting anything to do with this?
    Intercepting is the main skill one uses to fight bosses when one isn’t relying on a bug to bypass stun immunity.
    You realise you need to intercept to actually chain into the heavy right? Parry doesn’t work and neither does SP1 stun. She’s been my main war boss killer for quite some time now and with her low health pool you do have to play very well. I remember reading that it wasn’t intentional in her original spotlight when she released, but the fact is that it was just kind of forgotten about until doom released with a similar mechanic. For me personally, this could have quite a big impact. I would say I take around 60-70% of war bosses in my group and now my boss killer will no longer be viable at all. She’s a high skill champ and not being able to chain into a heavy ruins her damage output. I don’t want to rank her down, but I really don’t like the fact that this has just randomly popped up out of nowhere after it’s functioned this way for so long. In my opinion, changing the wording of stun immunity to only prevent stun debuffs would be a much better solution and wouldn’t change the effect it has on any other champion other than Doom. Chaining into a heavy is her core mechanic and what makes her so special, taking that away really hurts her. She’s far from overpowered and I just don’t think this change is necessary personally.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

DarthPhal said:

It isn't a nerf. They fixed an unintended bug. Get over it and learn to intercept.

Intercepting is the main skill one uses to fight bosses when one isn’t relying on a bug to bypass stun immunity.
    You realise you need to intercept to actually chain into the heavy right? Parry doesn’t work and neither does SP1 stun. She’s been my main war boss killer for quite some time now and with her low health pool you do have to play very well. I remember reading that it wasn’t intentional in her original spotlight when she released, but the fact is that it was just kind of forgotten about until doom released with a similar mechanic. For me personally, this could have quite a big impact. I would say I take around 60-70% of war bosses in my group and now my boss killer will no longer be viable at all. She’s a high skill champ and not being able to chain into a heavy ruins her damage output. I don’t want to rank her down, but I really don’t like the fact that this has just randomly popped up out of nowhere after it’s functioned this way for so long. In my opinion, changing the wording of stun immunity to only prevent stun debuffs would be a much better solution and wouldn’t change the effect it has on any other champion other than Doom. Chaining into a heavy is her core mechanic and what makes her so special, taking that away really hurts her. She’s far from overpowered and I just don’t think this change is necessary personally.
    Apply that same logic to Quake vs AW bosses. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

DarthPhal said:

Why is everyone saying this? So many threads spreading this mis-info. She is NOT losing her combo to heavy chain. Just the bug where she stuns stun immune.

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

Its right there in the bugs forum. Under known issues.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

DarthPhal said:

Why is everyone saying this? So many threads spreading this mis-info. She is NOT losing her combo to heavy chain. Just the bug where she stuns stun immune.

I’m not saying it’s being taken away completely, I specifically referred to AW boss nodes since that has stun immunity and will be the biggest impact this change has.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

phil56201 said:

DarthPhal said:

I’m not saying it’s being taken away completely, I specifically referred to AW boss nodes since that has stun immunity and will be the biggest impact this change has.
    Well if she worked right to begin with, you'd be in the same spot your in now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    We had the same fix applied to AA, and the message was clear then. No Champ is intended to bypass Stun Immune. It makes sense that this is being fixed.
  • MOGMOG Posts: 20
    It's too minor, RDTs are for bigger nerfs
    This isn’t a nurf, this is something that was stated from day 1! She can passively stun anyone including immunity champs EXCEPT stun immune champs. Kabam did say that from day 1.

I’m not that much of a Kabam fan, so if I’m saying so, it’s saying something. Trust me, this isn’t a nurf, it’s a bug. (A bug in our favor but still a bug)
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    I too feel like RDTs are required
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been this way since she was released? If so, way too much time has passed for this to qualify as a "fix" in my opinion. A fix should be issued way sooner. Take she-hulk for example. After much debate and backlash, Kabam did acknowledge that they waited too long to address the "issue". And by address, I mean to "fix" it or to communicate to the players that she was not working as intended. Many ranked her up based on her mechanics at the time because there was no communication to indicate she was not working as intended. I don't see how this would be any different.
    This also brings into question how passive incinerate works...doesn't it? Can and should an incinerate "immune" champ take incinerate damage from a "passive" incinerate if the company is now stating that a stun "immune" defender may not be "passively" stunned?
    If I'm missing something, please do educate. Thanks.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    I too feel like RDTs are required

jdyke23 said:

They’ve actually said before when they was explains she hulk chaining heavy attacks that wasp is the only one able to do so with mechanic and I’m pretty sure it was @Kabam Miike who said so

Nothing will change about her ability to do so, she will still have her passive stun mechanic.

She'll simply be unable to stun stun-immune opponents, because that's simply illogical. No shock immune champ can be shocked, no bleed immune champ can bleed, no matter whether it's an active debuff or a passive effect. Immune means immune.
    Does it? What about incinerate immune champs being incinerated? (Passive incinerate)
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★

Wasp's function to combo into a heavy attack is getting nerfed soon and she won't be able to combo into a heavy on stun immune matchups. This means she won't be able to counter ANY alliance war boss node. Her greatest strength is against Modoks and Medusas with her heavy mechanic and considering the fact that this function was available since her release I ask for rank down tickets for my rank 5/65 wasp.

You may not like the change, but the game is constantly evolving and balancing. No one complains when Kabam decides to improve champions to help balance things out. Demanding compensation every time something changes that you don't like is just whiney.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Goodness said:

Really wish I could like this more than once
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

jdyke23 said:

They’ve actually said before when they was explains she hulk chaining heavy attacks that wasp is the only one able to do so with mechanic and I’m pretty sure it was @Kabam Miike who said so

Nothing will change about her ability to do so, she will still have her passive stun mechanic.

She'll simply be unable to stun stun-immune opponents, because that's simply illogical. No shock immune champ can be shocked, no bleed immune champ can bleed, no matter whether it's an active debuff or a passive effect. Immune means immune.
    Does it? What about incinerate immune champs being incinerated? (Passive incinerate)
    Like... Who? Like night thrasher, who is incinerate immune and neither suffers from vultures incinerate debuffs, nor from mephistos aura of incineration...?

How about thing, who is shock immume and neither suffers from iron man iw's shock, nor from the passive shocks from the emp node?

How about mysterio, who is immune to aar and neither suffers from concussion debuffs, nor from the passive effect of champs like domino?

There literally is no other exception to that I can think of besides wasp, making it an even mote obvious bug/exploit. Feel free to name one, though.
    Red Hulk
    Also, red hulks additional energy damage isn't incinerate damage and therefore does not "bypass incinerate immunity", if that's what you meant.

If not please elaborate on what you've been trying to say.
    Red Hulk is immune to incinerate effects, but not to passuve incinerates unless he' s duped... Why? Fire could never burn him.
    Because that’s how he works. He is immune to Incinerate Debuffs, but RESISTANT to passive incinerates, to the point that, on that Mephisto fight last month (i guess) for example, if the passive incinerate is enhanced, he will still take damage.
    I don’t se what’s wrong here. He is working as intended
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Midnite93 said:

How can you stun againat stun immune? It's like mixing vodka with coffee and that tastes disgusting

what? no it doesn't! ;)
This discussion has been closed.