**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why does Medusa hate Robots?

From a comics perspective, I don’t understand why Medusa is the counter to robots in this game. In the comics, did she have a history of “shutting down” robots? If so, I don’t remember it.

From an ability perspective it would seem to make sense if Electro or Magneto could shock or magnetize robots so that all of their abilities fail. I realize that Magneto kind of does this, but how is it that Medusa does it better? From a story perspective, I could see if Dr. Doom, Reed Richards or Tony Stark could use their big brains to shut down a robot’s ability.

I know I’m nerding out over this but I really love the subtle ways that this game reflects comic/movie stories or when it introduces new characters or interactions that are interesting. I just don’t get the Medusa/Robots connection. Can anyone explain it to me?

Comments

• Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    There is no explanation other than kabam deciding medusa can shut down robots. There is absolutely no comic that has medusa having the abilities to shut down robots. That ability should go to magneto and the big brains of marvel but kabam has there own universe that is completely different and sometimes makes no sense.
  • Options
    PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

In the comics Medusa has once used her hair to infiltrate iron man's armor
    So basically, it's possible that she can actually sub due robots with just her hair by blocking so motor functionalities in the robot

This question is kind of similar to one I have with domino
    Why are tech champions immune to unlucky when they are the ones that should suffer from it the most due to their reliance on technology rather than regular special abilities. In the comics, Domino's ability doesn't affect people's abilities like telekinesis and pyrokinesis when they are used or not used. She only gets lucky enough to dodge them
    But technology, her powers could make the tech go faulty or make the gun stuck on safety lock or something
    All in all its probably due to the game environment

That actually makes sense. Do you know the comic or storyline that she did that to IM?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    It really has nothing to do with comics, or movies.
    In this game, upon her creation, they decided to give something unique to medusa. And so she was the first champion with an armor shattered ability, as well as a auto-block mechanic (if I'm not mistaken here).
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    She wants to prevent the Skynet uprising
  • Options

From a comics perspective, I don’t understand why Medusa is the counter to robots in this game. In the comics, did she have a history of “shutting down” robots? If so, I don’t remember it.

From an ability perspective it would seem to make sense if Electro or Magneto could shock or magnetize robots so that all of their abilities fail. I realize that Magneto kind of does this, but how is it that Medusa does it better? From a story perspective, I could see if Dr. Doom, Reed Richards or Tony Stark could use their big brains to shut down a robot’s ability.

I know I’m nerding out over this but I really love the subtle ways that this game reflects comic/movie stories or when it introduces new characters or interactions that are interesting. I just don’t get the Medusa/Robots connection. Can anyone explain it to me?

You ever see a Roomba suck up a power cord? It is probably something like that.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

You ever see a Roomba suck up a power cord? It is probably something like that.

Or a vacuum suck up string. Oh man..
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★

Jh_Dez said:

In the comics Medusa has once used her hair to infiltrate iron man's armor
    So basically, it's possible that she can actually sub due robots with just her hair by blocking so motor functionalities in the robot

This question is kind of similar to one I have with domino
    Why are tech champions immune to unlucky when they are the ones that should suffer from it the most due to their reliance on technology rather than regular special abilities. In the comics, Domino's ability doesn't affect people's abilities like telekinesis and pyrokinesis when they are used or not used. She only gets lucky enough to dodge them
    But technology, her powers could make the tech go faulty or make the gun stuck on safety lock or something
    All in all its probably due to the game environment

That actually makes sense. Do you know the comic or storyline that she did that to IM?
    I think it was avengers vs inhumans when Ulysses was popular