**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Symbiote Supreme’s Bleed

Why is it that on most occasions, unless I use my sp3, when I switch to the third stance, I don’t actually apply any bleeds on hit until the phase is halfway over or I parry twice?

Comments

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

Why is it that on most occasions, unless I use my sp3, when I switch to the third stance, I don’t actually apply any bleeds on hit until the phase is halfway over or I parry twice?

You need to have genetic potential to inflict bleed. You can get that by nullifying buffs or letting your stagger effects expire. If you’re on 0 genetic potential, you can’t inflict bleed. The damage from the bleed also scales with genetic potential, so if you’re at 100, each bleed will do much more damage than it would at 25 for example. SP3 puts you at 100 potential and activates all 3 phases, that’s why you always see bleeds coming in after you use that attack.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

You need to have genetic potential to inflict bleed. You can get that by nullifying buffs or letting your stagger effects expire. If you’re on 0 genetic potential, you can’t inflict bleed. The damage from the bleed also scales with genetic potential, so if you’re at 100, each bleed will do much more damage than it would at 25 for example. SP3 puts you at 100 potential and activates all 3 phases, that’s why you always see bleeds coming in after you use that attack.
    and to add one single thing to this, when you switch outside of an SP3 your genetic potential zeros out, so you need one of your staggers to actually expire or kill a buff.
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    Lormif said:

and to add one single thing to this, when you switch outside of an SP3 your genetic potential zeros out, so you need one of your staggers to actually expire or kill a buff.
    Weird. The wording just made it seem like you are supposed to bleed no matter what but the damage itself would just vary with genetic potential. And yeah i find it strange how a sp1 will just undo the effects of sp3 but logically it kinda makes sense. Thanks for the help!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Weird. The wording just made it seem like you are supposed to bleed no matter what but the damage itself would just vary with genetic potential. And yeah i find it strange how a sp1 will just undo the effects of sp3 but logically it kinda makes sense. Thanks for the help!
    It puts a bleed debuff on the defender but the strength of the bleed depends on the genetic potential.