**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* proxima

Just pulled proxima midnight as my second 6*- havok being my first :)-
Is she any good as an unawakened 6* or is she just there for prestige ?
If anyone has any playing tips to make her a boss then let me know

Comments

• plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    Good synergy with Nebula, who starts with 10 shock charges.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,004 ★★★★

Just pulled proxima midnight as my second 6*- havok being my first :)-
    Is she any good as an unawakened 6* or is she just there for prestige ?
    If anyone has any playing tips to make her a boss then let me know

@BradMercer I've got a 5* r3 and a 6* r1 proxima. I carry her all the time in AW, cause her synergy with Corvus can give him true strike, which is a real life saver. Obviously just as useful for end game content against evading enemies as well. She has some utility on her own too against champs like Spider Gwen that nullify true strike (she gains a brief passive buff after completing a task in a given mission...ie, if the fight begins with the parry mission, then each time she parries, her passive buff gives her a true strike capability, but it's not actually a true strike buff, so it can't be nullified). As @plpkok pointed out, she also has a great synergy with Nebula that lets Nebula start with 10 shock charges.

All that said, as much as I'm raving about her, I definitely wouldn't rank her up unawakened, and even if she is awakened, I'd still be reluctant to do so without the right synergies (Corvus for sure... Nebula and Thor Rag are also good), and even then, as @Spicyslicer stated, she really only shines in long fights, so if you're not working on RoL or LoL, she's probably not worth the resources to r2 her.

Hope that helps. All in all, you pulled a decent champ with great potential. You definitely shouldn't be disappointed.
  • Rerun_9Rerun_9 Posts: 109
    I have her as a 4* rank 3 max level for rank. Also sig 50. Did 100,000 damage with her sp 3. Granted I completed all four missions so I would do max damage. I think she’s awesome just not for short fights
  • BradMercerBradMercer Posts: 206
    Thanks people, I’ll have some fun with her but will definitely not be ranking 😉Some great people on this forum, cheers 👍
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    edited November 2019
    Level up all the way but don't r2. As others have said she has some really great abilities. Was my first 6* and really like her. Very solid pull for a 6*
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Proxima is awesome on her own and good for short or long fights.

short or long fights it doesnt really matter.

as long as you're able to casually intercept then that mission wont be an issue, other than that, the parry mission and knockdown missions are very straightforward.

her ability to parry on projectiles(Domino, Yondu, Havok, Ebony Maw) ALL THE TIME make her invaluable for those tricky match ups.

also her ability to negate abilities that trigger on block such as BPCW reflect stun, Agent Venom Tenacity or Act 5 final Ultron's dormant buffs or sometimes if you're lucky it works on Annihilus and you can parry him.

she has guaranteed heal block on sp1 that does additional damage if they have a regen buff.

nice long stun on sp2 and even longer stun on sp3.

her signature ability is nice to have, but in my experience, even back when she was r3(now r4) fights didnt last 100 hits to get the final mission Fury or permanent True Accuracy.

so to answer your question, yes she is amazing even unawakened and is not just a prestige rank up.

i run suicides and Corvus these days, but she definitely helps me with path 9 in Tier 4 AW, so the Agent Venoms or Yondu's they might place there are no issue for her when i need her.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i envy you