**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ÆGON: Fixed Combo Shield to be a true Buff ?

Comments

• Pony_boyPony_boy Posts: 50

I take it none of you guys get what they are doing or see a pattern here?

1 - Create a champ that counters a problem in game and make lots of hype
    2 - Sell the champ to players and make bank
    3 - Sell resources to players for ranking up and make more bank
    4 - Wait until most have done this and it has reached saturation point
    5 - Slowly tinker, bug and lower the effectiveness of the champion to make it less useful.
    6 - Rinse, repeat

And with the greatest of respect to everyone here, they could care less about what we say since we will still buy Doom, Surfer and beyond.

Yep par for the course with Kabam. Anyone remember Doc Strange pre 12.0?

Pepperidge Farms remembers spending a $100 on him only to have him nerfed 3 months later.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    I understand the game is a complex one, so find very competent guys. These issues seem to never stop, one after the other. Sometimes I wonder why I keep playing this game. And when has there ever been a fix that went in favor of players. All these Corps only care about themselves and their pockets, when there's excess maybe their customers. The description says "unlock passive abilities", so if anything all, buffs [fury, true strike, combo shield, unstoppable] should all be fixed from buffs to passive. But no, the fix should affect players rather negatively. So where's the reward to building Aegon up?! Big joke!!!

J0eySn0w said:

I understand the game is a complex one, so find very competent guys. These issues seem to never stop, one after the other. Sometimes I wonder why I keep playing this game. And when has there ever been a fix that went in favor of players. All these Corps only care about themselves and their pockets, when there's excess maybe their customers. The description says "unlock passive abilities", so if anything all, buffs [fury, true strike, combo shield, unstoppable] should all be fixed from buffs to passive. But no, the fix should affect players rather negatively. So where's the reward to building Aegon up?! Big joke!!!

You didn't even properly understand what's happening. Calm down.
    Okay, enlighten me about what's going on. I'm all eared!
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Does this mean that at 750 Hits Aegon will starting generating buffs like crazy and would feed MD or trigger Dorm Degen

'750 Hits - Critical Hits grant 1.50 seconds of Unstoppable and Combo Shield. This stacks up to 3 times.'

J0eySn0w said:

J0eySn0w said:

You didn't even properly understand what's happening. Calm down.
    Okay, enlighten me about what's going on. I'm all eared!
    So you genuinely didn't even read the last few comments in this thread, one of them being an official explanation regarding the matter at hand, before starting your little rant...? Glorious.

Let me do your thinking for you:

Aegon has an ability to get a combo-shield-buff, when throwing a heavy attack. That combo-shield-buff however did not properly interact the way it should, for example it couldn't be stolen by loki's sp1.

This is going to get fixed.

So nothing changes about him, unless you really really really loved heavy-combo-shielding into lokis sp1 and you were fine with him stealing all your furies and smacking you with them as long as he didn't take your combo shield.

So tell me, what exactly are you angry about? How exactly is that detrimental to us as players or to aegon as a character?
    I went back to read the thread, it sounds reasonable to a degree. I don't care about Loki thingy. How often do one fights him. Passive abilities unlock effects that aren't neccesarily passive made it clearer. Thanks.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    is it so hard to get an official Kabam response?

perhaps some insight into why the Passive abilities are active(buffs) and not passive(effects).

reading thru the abilities gained thru the combo meter, it doesn't specify if its active or passive.

clearer descriptions would be helpful and avoid most of this unnecessary back and forth.

Edit:

the exception being the 300+ hit counter stating its a Fury Buff.

True Accuracy or Combo Shield doesnt specify if its Active or Passive.
    edited November 2019

RakeYoung said:

perhaps some insight into why the Passive abilities are active(buffs) and not passive(effects).

reading thru the abilities gained thru the combo meter, it doesn't specify if its active or passive.

clearer descriptions would be helpful and avoid most of this unnecessary back and forth.

Edit:

They literally officially explained how passive abilities can produce active effects, in other words buffs like a few comments ago.
    I agree, I read that as well, with the Fury Buff from 300+ hit counter.

But looking at Proxima(whom I use often) she also has True Accruacy and from the looks of it, it functions as a passive but is only specified as such in her sig ability.

So how should we interpret that for Aegon?

RakeYoung said:

Was thinking the same. Was wondering why they said unlock "passive" abilities instead of just abilities as combo meter goes up. My guess is to prevent ability accuracy modification on the abilities unlocked through the combo. But they could have just said: abilities unlocked via combo meter cannot be affected by ability accuracy modification. These passive and buffs can sometimes be confusing. I wish all effects from aegon were passives. But maybe he would have been overpowered, which I think is debatable.

RakeYoung said:

Edit:

They literally officially explained how passive abilities can produce active effects, in other words buffs like a few comments ago.

I agree, I read the response and that applies to the Fury buff from the 300+ hit counter.

But how are we meant to interpret the True Accuracy or Combo Shield since it doesn’t specify.

Proxima also has True Accuracy, but it only specifies it as a Passive Effect in her sig ability, yet appears to function the same as the TA she gets when completing missions.

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Ægon's combo abilities (True Accuracy, Unstoppable, Combo Shield, Fury) have always had a timer and icon similar to Buffs, not Passive Effects, I get this "fix" is long overdue but Kabam really needs to test champs more properly before throwing them out to the community then changing them in any way whatsoever.
  • Pony_boyPony_boy Posts: 50

Pony_boy said:

5 - Slowly tinker, bug and lower the effectiveness of the champion to make it less useful.
    6 - Rinse, repeat

And with the greatest of respect to everyone here, they could care less about what we say since we will still buy Doom, Surfer and beyond.

Pepperidge Farms remembers spending a $100 on him only to have him nerfed 3 months later.
    How is that connected to aegons combo shield, though? We literally just got official word about what's behind this and it's nothing but a minor fix that won't change him in any way, unless you already loved trying to heavy-combo-shield your way through buff stealing specials, which isn't a wise thing to do either way
    My response is not connected the Combo Shield, but in response to the post I quoted if you read that. The gist is Kabam releases a Champ, hypes them up, Players drop cash, then they nerf the Champ and repeat the cycle. Now this is not 100% true all of the time of course, but it happens often. Case in point, Kabam selling DS crystals and rank up mats 3-4 months before they nerf him.
    Now Kabam is fundamentally changing a champion after months of play and resources spent.
  • asdffasdff Posts: 10
    So sorry of this upsets someone if I didn't read every comment but did any of this affect his synergy with starlord and proxima that is still broken? If not why?
  • So a “buff” can now be activated passively? My head hurts. Making stuff up on the run again

This has always been true. The first time this specific discussion appeared on the forums was all the way back in the Triassic when the discussion revolved around Medusa. Medusa has a passive ability that generates fury buffs. The notion that the ability was a passive but the furies were not passive was something that confused some players at the time, because the whole idea of what "passives" were was poorly understood back then.

Today, this is about as common knowledge as anything game mechanical is common knowledge. Abilities can be activated by some trigger or just always be on. The always on ones are described as "passive." The effects that abilities generate are themselves either buffs, debuffs, or passives, and that has nothing to do with whether the ability that generated them was always on (passive) or triggered by some event (not-passive).

asdff said:

So sorry of this upsets someone if I didn't read every comment but did any of this affect his synergy with starlord and proxima that is still broken? If not why?

It didn't affect his still broken synergy. This is only about the combo-shield-buff aegon can get through his heavy attack.

Said buff seemingly didn't interact like it should have, for example it couldn't be stolen by loki's sp1.

There won't be any fundamental changes about aegon as far as factual information goes. Just a minor fix.
    That's lame. Why fix something most care nothing about. How many times have I fought Loki with Ægon. This is affecting people wanting to make LOL runs. I also use him a lot in AQ as I can get to his tenacity by first mini and by the time I reach Thanos I shred him but if I get nipped in a long fight is screws my combo.
  • asdff said:

asdff said:

It didn't affect his still broken synergy. This is only about the combo-shield-buff aegon can get through his heavy attack.

Said buff seemingly didn't interact like it should have, for example it couldn't be stolen by loki's sp1.

There won't be any fundamental changes about aegon as far as factual information goes. Just a minor fix.
    That's lame. Why fix something most care nothing about. How many times have I fought Loki with Ægon. This is affecting people wanting to make LOL runs.
    If that's the way you feel about it, most players don't care about LoL runs.
    DNA3000 said:

asdff said:

asdff said:

That's lame. Why fix something most care nothing about. How many times have I fought Loki with Ægon. This is affecting people wanting to make LOL runs.
    I also mentioned AQ which is where I use him 90% of the time. I would have also like to use him once a month for an LOL run. Did 1 path with ease. Now not going to waste my time or resources.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    If u guys are merging another champ where are our rdt?

Pony_boy said:

Pony_boy said:

6 - Rinse, repeat

How is that connected to aegons combo shield, though? We literally just got official word about what's behind this and it's nothing but a minor fix that won't change him in any way, unless you already loved trying to heavy-combo-shield your way through buff stealing specials, which isn't a wise thing to do either way
    My response is not connected the Combo Shield, but in response to the post I quoted if you read that. The gist is Kabam releases a Champ, hypes them up, Players drop cash, then they nerf the Champ and repeat the cycle. Now this is not 100% true all of the time of course, but it happens often. Case in point, Kabam selling DS crystals and rank up mats 3-4 months before they nerf him.
    Now Kabam is fundamentally changing a champion after months of play and resources spent.
    Who are you talking about, though? Aegon? Minor fix. Wasp? Major fix of an exploit.

There hasn't been an actual nerf in ages.
    Depends on your definition of "ages". Everyone is affected differently when Kabam make these changes. Some spend more cash than others, others grind their lives off and put other important stuffs on hold to acquire a specific champs. So these changes may still be fresh in their minds. If you need an example: Shehulk!!!
  • asdff said:

DNA3000 said:

asdff said:

asdff said:

I also mentioned AQ which is where I use him 90% of the time. I would have also like to use him once a month for an LOL run. Did 1 path with ease. Now not going to waste my time or resources.
    Pretty sure most players don't use Aegon in AQ either. Are you going to stick with your story that Kabam shouldn't fix something most care nothing about?
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Was just reading through this and was a bit worried but turns out its a old post