**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

14.48 not enough for 2k 5 star shards in featured arena?

TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
What was the cutoff? I usually get the 2k shards by placing 14.5 even on hyped arenas

Comments

• BOTs in arena, its becoming a norm, so you'll realise by now cut-off isnt what it was like before..

Or ya know, people are just getting larger rosters everyday...
    No there was another post about how a lot of the top placements were from the same ally with similar names for players where their top champs were like 4*s

I forget what the post was but its happening
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Arenas need to be cleaned up from bots and rewards expanded already.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    7.5 million doesn't get you 1000 5* shards this time I guess it's time to stop arena grinding. It's a race to no end.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I don’t even think of 7.5 million a grind at all

No kidding, I get over 8M for one run of 5 and 6*s.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited November 2019

I don’t even think of 7.5 million a grind at all

It takes too much time even for 7.5. I have 4 rank 5 5*, 6 6* and a bunch of rank 4 and still I have to play 3 times a day for 3 days. So basically it's a grind for me, and so much time for 500 5* is not worth it.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Yep, for the first time ever, 7.5 did not get me the 1k shards. Time to stop doing it I guess. It was kind of barely worth it to begin with.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I normally do 7.5 and because I am off this week, I did 10.5mil so I got lucky. It’s still a grind for me for 7.5mil. Average streak is around 70.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Seems like the cutoffs for the 1k and 2k shards were much higher than usual which is peculiar since its only red skull. I have always gotten the 1k shards with 7.5 mil even in huge cutoff arenas such as dr.doom and namor and same with 14.5(I do 15 mil for hyped champs). Something does seem off though

BOTs in arena, its becoming a norm, so you'll realise by now cut-off isnt what it was like before..

Or ya know, people are just getting larger rosters everyday...

Cutoffs dont increase much at all on a weekly basis or even monthly

Seems like the cutoffs for the 1k and 2k shards were much higher than usual which is peculiar since its only red skull. I have always gotten the 1k shards with 7.5 mil even in huge cutoff arenas such as dr.doom and namor and same with 14.5(I do 15 mil for hyped champs). Something does seem off though

I got the 2k with 15.13M

I got the 2k with 15.13M
    Damn thats pretty high, I did 15 mil for dr.doom and got the cutoff so its kinda weird the cutoffs are similar to that of red skull. Lesson learnt I guess.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Different factors play into this...bots I’ve seen affect the 3* and 4* (both basic and feature), but rarely the 5*

Who the feature is, the more desirable usually pushes the cutoff higher because of all the people that try and miss for top 150.

The amount of people that actually bother unlocking milestones (which most that do the 5* feature pass with ease) so that the 10% cutoff is a lower rank/score, but the roster sizes of religious arena grinders is what’s moving the goal post.

Consider I don’t run suicides or boosts, one run with my 6* and r4 5* will get me 3mil...so twice a day would get me around 18mil for that round (I don’t go that far, probably need to eventually to secure top 10%).

Now imagine the big spenders with huge rosters, by day 2, they’re passing 20mil with almost no effort.

I got the 2k with 15.13M
    Damn thats pretty high, I did 15 mil for dr.doom and got the cutoff so its kinda weird the cutoffs are similar to that of red skull. Lesson learnt I guess.
    From what I've seen lately, 15m is the new safe spot. It's just going to keep going up over time as more people get more 6*s. It's easier and easier for more people to hit higher number casually. Like I said, I put up 8m with no suicides per full round for 5/6*s. Granted I'm on the very high side probably but more and more people will start getting closer to that number

Different factors play into this...bots I’ve seen affect the 3* and 4* (both basic and feature), but rarely the 5*

Who the feature is, the more desirable usually pushes the cutoff higher because of all the people that try and miss for top 150.

The amount of people that actually bother unlocking milestones (which most that do the 5* feature pass with ease) so that the 10% cutoff is a lower rank/score, but the roster sizes of religious arena grinders is what’s moving the goal post.

Consider I don’t run suicides or boosts, one run with my 6* and r4 5* will get me 3mil...so twice a day would get me around 18mil for that round (I don’t go that far, probably need to eventually to secure top 10%).

Now imagine the big spenders with huge rosters, by day 2, they’re passing 20mil with almost no effort.

More than that if people keep up with it. I can hit around 20M/day with just 5/6*s
  • Chacha888Chacha888 Posts: 44
    edited November 2019

What was the cutoff? I usually get the 2k shards by placing 14.5 even on hyped arenas

You just missed it.

• IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Rosters are becoming bigger so cutoffs are going up.
    Last year around this time 6.2-6.5m would be enough for 1k shards. Now as I see 7.5 isn’t enough anymore.

I for one just go for 1 mil, get those 200 shards and play other arenas to get more units. Shards come in loads from side events.
  • Saransh245Saransh245 Posts: 152

8m
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Over time, the milestone minimum goes up as more people keep increasing their rosters. You have to adapt and increase your play as well. 12.5M used to be safe for the 2k/200, then it went to 13M and so on. Now 14.5M is becoming the norm, but expect that to move up as well. Don't expect what works today will always work!

Featured 5 arena is the one I do all the time, and as my roster expands, I'm able to comfortably increase my arena score. Right now, I do nothing less than 15M, and sometimes just keep going if I have time. It can get frustrating, but that's the name of the game as more people join and more people expand their rosters.