**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.3 boosts. What’s your experience?

SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
I’ve done initial clear of 6.3, as well as some additional paths. Curious as to your experience with these boosts. I’m finding the last two paths of 6.3.1 to be extremely challenging. There is almost no help from the boosts as far as I can tell. What am I doing wrong?

They are borderline useless.

I’m sure this is primarily a player error.

Comments

• TipoTipo Posts: 113
    Boosts are bugged. They rarely do what’s listed if at all. Example science boost in 6.3.1 modified constitution shuts off unstoppable 95% of the time and never negates the evade like it claims.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Some are great, make the path fun, change things up a bit but work really well, others are just bad, like the one that’s meant to go with can’t stop won’t stop, it’s barely even worth bringing mystic chanps to use it with
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    SDP said:

I’ve done initial clear of 6.3, as well as some additional paths. Curious as to your experience with these boosts. I’m finding the last two paths of 6.3.1 to be extremely challenging. There is almost no help from the boosts as far as I can tell. What am I doing wrong?

I’m gonna guess these 2 paths are Can’t Stop Won’t Stop, and Mesmerize..
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Tipo said:

Boosts are bugged. They rarely do what’s listed if at all. Example science boost in 6.3.1 modified constitution shuts off unstoppable 95% of the time and never negates the evade like it claims.

It doesn’t? Thought the Slow debuff removes evade as well.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Boosts are like a cheat code man. Almost all are useful on one path of the same map you got the boost. Theres 3 boost paths and 3 paths with t2a on them, one for each boost.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Boosts we're useless for me. Didn't use a single one and fully explored 6.3. Didn't buy a single one, didn't use a single one.

I personally found them very useful.

Shock one on 6.3.6 made it so any tech with heal block could apply shock.

Mutant one in 6.3.6 made it so any mutant could eat the caltrops, take almost no damage and with willpower heal, and get boosted power gain. Domino and omega red tore that lane up. Persistent bleed on omega and domino ate the bleeds from caltrops for unlimited power.

Skill one in 6.3.6 made it so any bleeds applied to the bleed immune would take big burst damage 30% of the time. And guess what theres a path of safeguard with all bleed immunes.

If you cant look at the paths on the board and figure out where each boost is useful, then you havent been playing the game long enough to be legitimately at the level of completing 6.3. Just my opinion.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

I personally found them very useful.

Shock one on 6.3.6 made it so any tech with heal block could apply shock.

Mutant one in 6.3.6 made it so any mutant could eat the caltrops, take almost no damage and with willpower heal, and get boosted power gain. Domino and omega red tore that lane up. Persistent bleed on omega and domino ate the bleeds from caltrops for unlimited power.

Skill one in 6.3.6 made it so any bleeds applied to the bleed immune would take big burst damage 30% of the time. And guess what theres a path of safeguard with all bleed immunes.

If you cant look at the paths on the board and figure out where each boost is useful, then you havent been playing the game long enough to be legitimately at the level of completing 6.3. Just my opinion.

Some are good, and I agree with the ones for the last quest, but some others just weren’t good, like the one designed for can’t stop won’t stop in the first quest
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    as some said they are great. A bit complicated to manage but to make it clear you have to use them in the chapter they indicate and for the class they say. If a path has t2a at the end you are supposed to use a boost for it (clear the paths with boosts first) . usuall if a boost is for instance cosmic champs, the path will be full of tech enemies
    There were plenty of instances I found those buffs useful for one off fights as well. The skill ine that removes passive damage if you get a crit was useful for fighting korgs or electros on tough nodes. I definitely bought a few of those. Same with he hyper coagulate. It turned domino and omega into beasts on any biohazard or caltrops lane in the entire chapter.

The evasion one people were talking about above being bugged is not bugged but very tricky to use. You have to just stand there. You cant attempt a dex or a block. Just stand there and your character will evade the hit. I think that is a similar interaction as Spider Gwen's evading specials that are unblockable.

I will agree that I found cythoraks bargain, the unstoppable one, very difficult to use and I think I needed up just using my 6* duped Champion. There arent a lot of mystics that get a lot of Buffs to make that useable. And the champions on the path dont get buffs so stealing them isnt really an option either. So yeah. That one was very disappointing.

But for it being the first time they attempted this I think it worked pretty well and as intended. There were very few fights where I felt pigeon holed in where only 1 or 2 champs could work. There was a mysterio where he had to be armor broken and poisoned to do any damage and King Groot and Man Thing were the only available champs that could do it. But other than that I think there were plenty of options to deal with any fights in the chapter.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    xNig said:

SDP said:

I’m gonna guess these 2 paths are Can’t Stop Won’t Stop, and Mesmerize..
    Can’t Stop Won’t Stop is a pain for sure. What was your approach?