**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why are so many players trying to rush into ranked 6*s?

WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
I'm legitimately curious to the thought process of some of you. I keep seeing more and more posts from people asking about ranking up mediocre unduped 6*s when they have 1-5 R5 5*s.

Why would you skip over far more beneficial R5 options that you can get sig levels into far easier that legitimately help you clear content just to say you have R2s?

The whole "preparing for the future" arguement doesn't even make sense in that case as by the time that player can actually dupe and sig up that 6*, what are the chances the champ will still be desirable/useful? How many champs that are 2 years old are you dying to sig up and rank? That's the situation you could be in with that 6*.

5*s are by no means useless and I'm not sure why some newer players are acting like they are now. I've currently got 18 R5s and 6 R2s. I took my 1st 6* to R2 when I had I think maybe 13 R5s. I still rank up 5*s if they're useful currently and don't understand why people feel the need to rush into ranking mediocre champs just bc they have an extra star.

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Yup. Agree with what bro Wnp said. It all boils down to what you, as a player, plans to do with that 6* and whether or not you need the dupe to fulfill the utility it provides for your roster.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Well i guess an increase in stats is an increase in stats no matter how small it may seem. A r5 5* can only get so high in stats and the 6*, well we have yet to see what they can get up to
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I kinda agree with you. But then again, there are some 6* champions that don't rely on their awakened ability and will do much more for your roster as a 6* than a 5*.

For example, champions like Symbiote Supreme, Gladiator Hulk, Thing, Emma Frost, Venom the Duck, Venom, Sunspot, Warlock, Claire Voyant, Ghost, Corvus Glaive will do a lot more for your roster as 6* champions.

This is mainly due to slightly higher base stats and the adrenaline mechanic.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    I haven’t even looked at ranking a 6* yet but I also haven’t really got one that’s worthy as of yet so it hasn’t been a legitimate question.
    At what time should you start focusing on 6’s do you think?
    Is it purely when you pull a worthy candidate for R2 or 3?
    Or is it once you’re 5 star roster is diverse enough to get you through most of the content on Offer?
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    All 6*s regen not all 5*s do.

Things like that and future game content anticipation.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Well take my roster for example. I took an unduped 6* Killmonger to R2 as my first R5/R2. Why? Killmonger is a great champ Unawakened and I love him as a character. I had the 5* Version at R4 Unawakened but yeh, I wanted to him plan for the future. Because the moment I can take him up to R3 I will. I haven’t ranked another 6* since and have been focusing on 5/65 but only because they will help my roster more than ranking a 6*. But if I got a 6* Emma Frost she would go up as a 5 or 6 star. I agree with you that it seems weird people want to rank mediocre 6*s over good 5*s but when the power level is comparable I think it’s completely fair to rank the 6*
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    IMO before focusing on 6* rank 3 one player needs a strong 5* rosters something like 12 to 15 rank 5 5*. I am half way to get there. And you definitely need good 6* to begin with because it's too expensive and time consuming to rank 3 then 4 a 6*.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Perhaps it has something to do with the pace of the game and the way it has sped up/accelerated. Before 6* were introduced it took a lot of planning, taking your time, to gather the needed resources to take a 5* to rank 3 or 4 (one might even say before 5* were introduced, or became more common ingame).
    I remember when I explored act 4 I got the 4 t2a and thinking “well they’ll just sit in my inventory and collect dust, since I can barely get the t4cc to take a 4* to rank 5.” I wasn’t thinking of taking any of my 5*’s to rank 3. Cause I barely had any, and the ones I had were not as usefull as my 4*’s who were at rank 3 or 4.
    It seems 5* and 6* champs are much easier to acquire as well as the resources needed to take a 5* or 6* to a higher rank have become much more available. With that I mean t4cc, t2a and even t5b is getting more common to gather, which results in that I keep seeing more and more players with multiple rank 5 5* champs who aren’t even Elder’s Bane. The planning ahead, the need to take your time to make rank-up decisions is less apparant/has diminished a fair bit.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I agree with OP... people are overly focussed on 6* champs.. I have 14 r5 and 10 t5b to use and still think I will rank more 5* than unduped 6*.

Prestige also matters, as it gives more t5b in long run. 6* unduped do nothing for it
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    I also agree, until I got 6* domino from cavalier crystal today. 😂 It's my first good 6*. Will r2 her first, then will focus again on my 5*. 😂
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

I'm legitimately curious to the thought process of some of you.

I realise I can’t speak for everyone, but I’ll outline my thought process.

I currently only have two 5/65s - Corvus (sig 20) and Omega (sig 200). This doesn’t necessarily mean I’m not ‘ready’ to R2 a 6*, just on the basis that I don’t have an extensive 5/65 roster.

My next planned rankup is a 6* Captain Marvel (Movie) to R2, for two main reasons:

1. She’s currently my best option for the 6.2 Sinister, and will likely save me from having to dip into my unit stash to take him out.
    2. I’d much rather use the 5* 4-5 rankup gems from the Variants to R5 my 5* champs, unless a specific need arises and I don’t have the relevant gem at hand. This way, I can continue saving T5B and T2A for appropriate 6* rankups when necessary.

Personally I believe this is the most resource-efficient approach moving forwards into 2020, especially with the 4th Variant just round the corner (and more in the works). Whilst I’m very certain that 5/65s will remain a highly relevant part of the game for a long time, I’d much rather use other available means to R5 my 5* champs and divert most of my T5B towards select 6*s.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I kinda agree with you. But then again, there are some 6* champions that don't rely on their awakened ability and will do much more for your roster as a 6* than a 5*.

For example, champions like Symbiote Supreme, Gladiator Hulk, Thing, Emma Frost, Venom the Duck, Venom, Sunspot, Warlock, Claire Voyant, Ghost, Corvus Glaive will do a lot more for your roster as 6* champions.

This is mainly due to slightly higher base stats and the adrenaline mechanic.

Of that list, Thing, Ghost, and Corvus all do FAR more for you as awakened 5/65s than unduped R2s and I mean FAR more.

I haven’t even looked at ranking a 6* yet but I also haven’t really got one that’s worthy as of yet so it hasn’t been a legitimate question.
    Or is it once you’re 5 star roster is diverse enough to get you through most of the content on Offer?

Granted there's no set number of R5s exactly where you should change focus and I think it should go on a champ by champ basis personally. Myself I didnt take any 6*s up until I had I think I 13 R5s. Generally I feel around 8 minimum ( full war and aq teams ) to around 12 is a pretty solid rule of thumb though. There will always be champs like Domino that come around that don't really apply to that but even champs like Corvus and Ghost are much more useful at least awakened and the higher sig the better with Ghost

All 6*s regen not all 5*s do.

Things like that and future game content anticipation.

Yeah but like I said the whole future game content reason just doesnt really stack up to me bc there are a very small number of champs that are 2 years old that people still use regularly for end game content. You just never know whether a specific champ will be useful at all down the line let alone whether they'll still be top tier
    Monk1 said:

I agree with OP... people are overly focussed on 6* champs.. I have 14 r5 and 10 t5b to use and still think I will rank more 5* than unduped 6*.

Prestige also matters, as it gives more t5b in long run. 6* unduped do nothing for it

Prestige is another huge factor. Even if you arent pushing for say a top 20 AQ alliance, ranking 6*s before you even have 5 maxed 5*s hugely limits your prestige cap which hinders both yours and your alliances ability to earn better rewards in AQ
    edited November 2019
    Problem is pulling the 6* champs I guess

Feeling pretty good about my 5* options, really only 3 I own currently I want to R5 are ghost, quake and sparkles. SS I have a gem for so looking at him as if he’s already there
    Crossed my mind today to focus on 6* now but really not willing to rank any of the current crop, would do proxima or void if I duped but no way I’ll do it before then.
    Not a big fan of just sitting on cats but I want to be ready if I pull someone worthy.
    Think I should sit on cats or keep ranking as I go?

Problem is pulling the 6* champs I guess

Feeling pretty good about my 5* options, really only 3 I own currently I want to R5 are ghost, quake and sparkles. SS I have a gem for so looking at him as if he’s already there
    Crossed my mind today to focus on 6* now but really not willing to rank any of the current crop, would do proxima or void if I duped but no way I’ll do it before then.
    Not a big fan of just sitting on cats but I want to be ready if I pull someone worthy.
    Think I should sit on cats or keep ranking as I go?

I'd learn to use her effectively and rank that ghost asap personally if I were you
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    Well if you have a Domino, Corvus, Ghost etc...God champs that don’t need dupe at 6* why not. I think r5 5* will be around for a long time to come so if you don’t have these gods as 6* I wouldn’t focus on 6* at all.

Granted there's no set number of R5s exactly where you should change focus and I think it should go on a champ by champ basis personally. Myself I didnt take any 6*s up until I had I think I 13 R5s. Generally I feel around 8 minimum ( full war and aq teams ) to around 12 is a pretty solid rule of thumb though. There will always be champs like Domino that come around that don't really apply to that but even champs like Corvus and Ghost are much more useful at least awakened and the higher sig the better with Ghost
    Actually just realized this was wrong and full AQ/AW teams is actually 11. It's early
    edited November 2019

Actually just realized this was wrong and full AQ/AW teams is actually 11. It's early
    Can’t count defenders surely
    You mean EQ/quest team?

You mean EQ/quest team?
    Why wouldn't you count defenders? I guess that would depend on whether your in an alliance that pushes in war or not. I'm not personally but if you are, you definitely want your defenders ranked.

But yes having a team ranked that you can quest with while champs are locked in alliance events is something you should have
    edited November 2019

You mean EQ/quest team?
    Why wouldn't you count defenders? I guess that would depend on whether your in an alliance that pushes in war or not. I'm not personally but if you are, you definitely want your defenders ranked.

But yes having a team ranked that you can quest with while champs are locked in alliance events is something you should have
    Everyone ranks the same champs though generally so would mean I’d be sacrificing diversity rank ups to R5. Not a fan personally, do wat from T5 to T8 generally so no real need. Wouldn’t mind stepping up to a plat though, been AQ focused instead.
    Got plenty of dumpster fire 6* my alliance can use for diversity
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    After 4 yrs i have only 2 r5 5* clearly i shouldnt even play no more as its dishearten to me seeing so many with lots of r5 and yet took me 4 yrs to get 1 let alone 2 r5 while takes lesser time for others to rank their champs smh
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Fortunately I dont have this problem since my 6 stars are mostly trash lmao
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I wouldn't even consider taking any of my 6* to rank 2.
    I have 2 5/65 5*, I'm cavalier and 6* champs don't even enter my thought process when choosing my quest team.
    Unless there's a freezer burn path then I'll take HT