**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus is outdated for act 6

GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
More precisely, from 6.3 onwards.

In 6.3 average defenders rating is equal to ROL and even maxed 5* Corvus with 4 missions fulfilled CAN NOT beat them in just 20 hits. Sometimes I had to go through 50 seconds cool down time TWICE to finish fights. It's horrible.

It's obvious that Corvus can't make impact in 6.4 unless you are willing to revive him a few times per match. Now Cull Obsidian may become a better choice as a ramp up damage dealer.

Corvus as a great option for end game content is finished unless you got a 6* rank 3 version of him.

Comments

• UltraeggUltraegg Posts: 74
    Were you doing medium, light, medium, or medium, light, light, light medium?
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    U want a rampup burst damage dealer...try sparkles
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Ultraegg said:

Were you doing medium, light, medium, or medium, light, light, light medium?

Whatever you do in first three fights is not enough. MLM only makes thing a bit better in term of damage.
    Lvernon15 said:

Were you running suicides

Yes I run full suicide.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

Corvus as a great option for end game content is finished unless you got a 6* rank 3 version of him.

Tbh no champ is meant to be a great option for all content. Even if he’s less suited to the latest ‘endgame content’, he’s still a top option for almost everything that came before (bar Variants), as well as for continuously recurring content like AQ and EQ.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I haven't used him for a ton of 6.3 but I've definitely used him and while the fights are longer than most corvus fights typically are he can still be effective. You can spend portions of the fight hitting into their block to extend time/damage with charges up as well
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    You don't have to beat him in 20 hits lol, the charges come back faster than you think.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    GOTG said:

If you're skilled enough you can never run out of glaive charges.

Interesting. The very first fight in 6.3.6 easy path is 56k rating Collosus. Can you beat him without running out of charges?

Think he means you just use them then wait until they come back. Not like they disappear or anything.. corvus just doesn’t walk through higher content like he does in AQ or AW, which is as it should be tbh

GOTG said:

Interesting. The very first fight in 6.3.6 easy path is 56k rating Collosus. Can you beat him without running out of charges?

Think he means you just use them then wait until they come back. Not like they disappear or anything.. corvus just doesn’t walk through higher content like he does in AQ or AW, which is as it should be tbh
    If thing is just simple like that he would be the best option for LOL.

I agree that he is still usable but definitely not being a cheap and quick tool anymore. Cheap and quick are what makes him special.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

Theoretically, you can. You can use light intercepts to build power at the cost of no charges. SP2 will still deal a fair bit of damage, especially with suicides. Strike into block to deal chip damage and create space where necessary. Occasional heavies if you end up backed against the wall.

It’s by no means ideal, but it works. But the point is, you don’t need to always avoid running out of charges. If you use up all your charges within 30seconds of them being activated (easy to do), you reduce their cooldown by up to 40% depending on signature level. Then the damage is back. And you can do this as many times as necessary.

Corvus fights don’t necessarily have to be super short for him to be effective, especially in situations where armour breaks, guaranteed crits and cheat deaths are valuable.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

If thing is just simple like that he would be the best option for LOL.

I agree that he is still usable but definitely not being a cheap and quick tool anymore. Cheap and quick are what makes him special.
    Chep and quick are ONE of the things that make him special, not the only thing. the that he is also doesnt take damage from bleed or shocks while having charges also makes him special (and can even heal from the).

In addition I dont know what you mean about lol, the reason he is not a great champ for lol is the enrage timer as well as the enegmatics. Lol has health pools 10x larger than 6.3.

You nseem to be looking for a way to bypass skill on content, that will get harder for a while
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Just because he doesnt walk through every fight doesnt mean hes outdated lmao. Also as someone who has cull corvus is def more useful to a champ that relies on parries and loses 500 hp everytime.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

In 6.3 average defenders rating is equal to ROL and even maxed 5* Corvus with 4 missions fulfilled CAN NOT beat them in just 20 hits. Sometimes I had to go through 50 seconds cool down time TWICE to finish fights. It's horrible.

It's obvious that Corvus can't make impact in 6.4 unless you are willing to revive him a few times per match. Now Cull Obsidian may become a better choice as a ramp up damage dealer.

Not sure if most of you are getting him wrong. He didn't say Corvus is useless in general but rather outdated for Act 6 and beyond given the health pool these defenders are coming in with. He even specified 6.4. Given the many conditions to make him viable for these contents, it's fair to say other champs are better suited. Of course he's still a beast in AQ, AW, monthly and daily quest among others.
    zeezee57 said:

J0eySn0w said:

GOTG said:

Not sure if most of you are getting him wrong. He didn't say Corvus is useless in general but rather outdated for Act 6 and beyond given the health pool these defenders are coming in with. He even specified 6.4. Given the many conditions to make him viable for these contents, it's fair to say other champs are better suited. Of course he's still a beast in AQ, AW, monthly and daily quest among others.
    Again as someone who used Corvus as a main attacker for 6.3 completion that's just not true. Unless of course you're someone who whales on cavs and has most or all of the new champs in which case I might agree that other champs are better suited, Corvus is more than fine in 6.3. I'd say the list of champs better suited would be 90% champs released this year who most of us, myself included, don't have.
    I agree I used him heavily in getting my 100% of 6.3
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    I don't get why people think Corvus loses all value if he can't end the fight before using all charges. They come back, and if awakened, and you know he will not be able to KO the opponent in 20 charges, Use them in under 30 seconds with 5 hit combos and then the charges come back much faster. Ive KO'd LOL Rulk with this method just to see if it can be done, and it does work well enough.
    It's fine to have disagreements. I just know, for sure, that you will have very hard time using Corvus in 6.4. You will have many fights lasting sooo long and it kills your enthusiasm also easy to make mistakes.

GOTG said:

It's fine to have disagreements. I just know, for sure, that you will have very hard time using Corvus in 6.4. You will have many fights lasting sooo long and it kills your enthusiasm also easy to make mistakes.

Except u0u don’t know
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I think he’s not exactly outdated but he’s no longer a top option. I have a 6 star r2 Corvus and I used him for the majority of 6.3 and I would always run out of charges fast but I would just wait it out and keep up the damage. The only thing that really irritated me about doing it is that unless you have three or four (usually four in my experience) Cruelties, the 200% power boost won’t refill you back up to a special two after launching one. With ghost, you can launch specials twos back to back and if I had Wasp I’d be using Ghost for everything, but for now I make do with Corvus though I am getting much better with Ghost without wasp
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    GOTG said:

How fast do you reasonably expect the highest endgame, most difficult content? It's not even released yet. This content is designed for r3 6* or better. It's not like people were able to breeze through 5.4 when it was initially released with 4/55's and 5/50's.

I never do story content when it is initially released. I wait until I have the appropriate champions at a reasonable level. Usually a year or so after it's released. I'm in no hurry to 100% all content with nothing to do.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

J0eySn0w said:

GOTG said:

Again as someone who used Corvus as a main attacker for 6.3 completion that's just not true. Unless of course you're someone who whales on cavs and has most or all of the new champs in which case I might agree that other champs are better suited, Corvus is more than fine in 6.3. I'd say the list of champs better suited would be 90% champs released this year who most of us, myself included, don't have.
    You are very wrong! There's a whole lot released at previous years other than 2019 that can still do 6.3 at 5/65. Just as Corvus might not be good for all fights, same as these. But you don't have worry about charges running out, having boosts all the time, running suicides, etc.

Hyperion
    Domino
    Aegon
    Void
    Omega Red
    Archangel
    Stark Spidey
    Blade
    Medusa
    Caiw
    And more