**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fantastic Family Community Milestones Event - Final Fight Count: 1,162,760,840

14567810»

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 I haven’t been watching the numbers as closely as you, but I definitely agree with everything you’ve said in this thread. It feels like this event has taken the back burner for Kabam and something that could have been a lot more exciting is now just thrown to the wayside and forgotten between the emails we receive notifying us of the next reached milestone.
  • Item Transmutation.. ENDED EARLY ??

It’s not available anymore, thought it should still be good thru midday today.
    So, I didn’t keep in-game message originally, but top of this Post indicated ending date of 11/27, which would normally be midday Kabam time. But already in very early overnight/morning hours it has vanished.

Wanted to get in some final conversions before it ended.

• Item Transmutation.. ENDED EARLY ??

Apparently. I saw the same thing this morning. The phrase "until November 27th" is somewhat ambiguous as to what it means, although my recollection was that the transmutation event started in the morning, not at midnight. The normal assumption would be that the event would last a whole number of days.

Whoever wrote this should understand that when you use an ambiguous description of time like "until" that ambiguity should resolve in favor of the players, simply because that's the path of least problems. If the intent was to say that it would expire on the 27th and not be running during that day, then you say "through November 26th."
  • Item Transmutation / Conversion seems to be back live in Store, at least for this evening.
    So probably was a bug that they inadvertently ended it a day early last night.

Best to get any final Conversions in now, as it probably will actually be ending tomorrow (most likely midday US-time when events normally turnover, or maybe overnight tonight).
  • Probably the last update of the "event" shows 893 million as of Wednesday, probably 6am. That suggests the weekend was slightly higher, but there's no real way to be sure given the wide bracketing of the data makes that analysis basically impossible. At the current average rate the last milestone will probably be reached some time Friday evening. It kinda depends on whether people play more during the Thanksgiving holiday, or less. But it will almost certainly be hit during the holiday weekend.

If anyone is interested, the average fights per day has been somewhere around 41-42 million. The variation depends on when you think they first started counting fights on the 6th. This is a bit lower than my original guestimate of 50+ million fights per day, based on publicly available data. Still a decent hunk of time. If we assume the average fight is one to two minutes long across all game modes, that's roughly between 700k and 1.4 million hours per day. If the average player plays for one to two hours a day, that's probably something between half a million and one million players logging in per day.

Those numbers have very large error bars.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Shouldn't we have reached the next milestone like right about yesterday...? At the latest we should reach it sometime today.

However, who wants to bet that we'll reach it round about when the next aq round starts? Lmao

Probaly
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    At this point it can’t even be classed as an event. They just scheduled some stuff we get normally anyway, whoever planned this ‘event’ clearly needs a holiday as they’ve obviously completely given up on the year.
    Go away and clear your head bud, get those creative juices back flowing for next year!

First community wide ‘event’ been an absolute disaster
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    I honestly think that free map is kinda pointless.
    Instead they double score aq point would been awesome. Players get more aq reward just one time is cool.
  • Master3418Master3418 Posts: 217

I believe that a community wide event should have these milestones.
    250mil 25 phc
    500mil 25 3* crystals
    750mil 5 4* crystals + 2 4* awakening gems
    1bil= 1 5* crystal + 1 t2alpha + 15k t5basic shards
    1.250 bil= 5* awakening gem + 5k 5* shards+15k t5basic shards.
    1.5 billion= 5k 6* shards+5k 5* shards+25 cavalier crystals
    1.750 billion= 5k 6* shards+1 5* feature champ+5 t2 alphas+1 fully formed t5basic
    2 billion = 6* featured champion

Just something to entice all players to work together. Plus kabam getting more players in game along with all the $$$ they'll get in the process.
    Kabam: if your great to the community
    The payout will be more beneficial and offer buys will increase.

urm so basically newbies can slack and just randomly get a 6*?
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    SknZn said:

I honestly think that free map is kinda pointless.
    Instead they double score aq point would been awesome. Players get more aq reward just one time is cool.

I’ve actually started doing my fights backwards to reduce the total community count (Ferris Bueller style), just to spite the map 7 alliances.
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    Maybe they realize those rewards were pretty much sucked(Boosts calendar not included.) and they decide to send summoners progression base gift for being part of the first community event.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    My alliance do map5 but i dont really care its one week free or not, maybe map7 alliance do care.
    It feels like the whole community fight billion times just to make map7ers happy.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    The item transmutation was not great, I really wanted to open hundreds of free crystals that plenty of others no doubt carry also but it really wasn't worth the effort beyond what items I already held. The limits were set too low to be of much use.

I welcomed the gold arena but felt it probably needed at least another re-run, 3 days is plenty of time for even an underdeveloped roster to hit the final milestone and I found the AI reasonably benign so no real issues with streak maintenance.

In my opinion, for my stage ingame, the only winner was the side missions and we were getting them anyway.

• TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    I feel the only real benefit for me was the gold arena and the boost calendar. My alliance does map 3/4, item trade in doesn't help because I don't really use health potions, dungeon days only really got me to my next 4 star faster (Ronin btw)
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    My alliance does map 3 and 4 too, so that last milestone was a complete non event for us. Maybe next time doubling the rewards would be a better idea ? As it would be beneficial to all alliances, not just the map 5/6/7 one.