**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 Star worth the resources?

TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Should I be patient with my resources or go ahead and rank 2 any of these? Part of me feels like I should focus on 5/50ing some 4 stars like Archangel, Scarlet Witch, Hyperion, and a few others instead. I am uncollected but still have the rest of Act 5 to complete.

I also have a mystic awakening gem I could use on Morningstar as well.

Comments

• NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Cons of R2 a 6*:
    - Extra CB5 (yet very expensive);
    - Rare signature ability
    - Champs you could not use as much as specific 5* ones.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    NCB_pt said:

Cons of R2 a 6*:
    - Rare signature ability

I think they are more on the 4*/5* cusp.

VTD is a good upgrade choice, his healing can get you far if you can save up the heals. Aegon is also a good choice if you can dupe him, which you may get a chance with this months variant being oriented towards lower * champions.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    NCB_pt said:

Cons of R2 a 6*:
    - Rare signature ability

Bruh dude, he's talking about 4* and 5* champs, not 6*.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    5/50 AA, SW, and Hype only if duped. Venom The Duck and Sentinel are worth ranking up as well
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

NCB_pt said:

Cons of R2 a 6*:
    - Rare signature ability

VTD is a good upgrade choice, his healing can get you far if you can save up the heals. Aegon is also a good choice if you can dupe him, which you may get a chance with this months variant being oriented towards lower * champions.
    Ther definitely didn’t said it was to lover lvl just that it wil be need 1 and 2 star

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Lormif said:

NCB_pt said:

Cons of R2 a 6*:
    - Rare signature ability

Ther definitely didn’t said it was to lover lvl just that it wil be need 1 and 2 star

note I said lower *(star) champion. It may still be tough for newer players, but it will still be more accessible than the past variants.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    Would rank up Sentinel. Double immune champs are key when progressing further into the game. In addition, hes a mvp for variant 3!
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Yeah, Sentinel and VtD will help a ton.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    Morningstar is much better Awakened; but only if it happens by chance. If that happens, definitely she's a contender for long-term rank-ups to rank 4 or even 5.

In the meantime, if your Scarlet Witch is Awakened, take her to 5/50, and save that Awakening gem for a 5* mystic champion like Dr Voodoo, who is completely transformed from zero to hero when he's Awakened.

As for the others, Sentinel and Venom the Duck are good champs to take to R2. Haven't come to an opinion on Old Man Logan since his buff - what do others think?
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★

Would rank up Sentinel. Double immune champs are key when progressing further into the game. In addition, hes a mvp for variant 3!

Is Sentinel still pretty solid without being Awakened?

Morningstar is much better Awakened; but only if it happens by chance. If that happens, definitely she's a contender for long-term rank-ups to rank 4 or even 5.

In the meantime, if your Scarlet Witch is Awakened, take her to 5/50, and save that Awakening gem for a 5* mystic champion like Dr Voodoo, who is completely transformed from zero to hero when he's Awakened.

As for the others, Sentinel and Venom the Duck are good champs to take to R2. Haven't come to an opinion on Old Man Logan since his buff - what do others think?

I have wide range of 4 stars next up for Rank 5, just not sure how to prioritize them. These are all currently at 4/40: Doctor Voodoo, Quake, Archangel, Gwenpool, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Emma Frost (All awakened). Unawakened at 4/40, I have Doctor Doom, Namor, Sym Supreme, Human Torch, Ghost, Void, Hyperion, Iceman.

I know that's a lot of info and I'm not asking for an exact breakdown, but it's just tough for me to see longterm who would be worth it when I know I'm on the verge of having more 5-Stars joining my roster. I can finally 100% Heroic and Master EQ, and I have completion of Uncollected EQ down, but still working on 100%-ing that.
  • Rolo_maxRolo_max Posts: 57
    I don't have any4* at rank 5 in my roster, only rank 4, and ranked up my 5*, im uncollected too, trying to explore act 5, have 4 rank 4 of my 5*, and they take me every day. That sentinel and vtd can take you thru a lot of content, they are really good and can be a good option to rank 4, if you awake Morningstar and Aegon will give you an extra boost and then you will use them and need them ranked up, OML its not the best but gives you some regeneration.
    Soon you will have more 5* and maybe a 6* in some days, and then your 4* team won't be as useful as before.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291

NCB_pt said:

Cons of R2 a 6*:
    - Rare signature ability

Bruh dude, he's talking about 4* and 5* champs, not 6*.
    My bad lol I didn't read well :D
    Rolo_max said:

I don't have any4* at rank 5 in my roster, only rank 4, and ranked up my 5*, im uncollected too, trying to explore act 5, have 4 rank 4 of my 5*, and they take me every day. That sentinel and vtd can take you thru a lot of content, they are really good and can be a good option to rank 4, if you awake Morningstar and Aegon will give you an extra boost and then you will use them and need them ranked up, OML its not the best but gives you some regeneration.
    Soon you will have more 5* and maybe a 6* in some days, and then your 4* team won't be as useful as before.

This is super helpful! Thank you.
    zeezee57 said:

Ranking up VTD, OML and Sentinel will all serve you well now and in the future so I'd probably work them rather than 4* champs of the same class. You should certainly take some of your top tier 4* to 5/50 if your resources allow but those 3 champs will do about as much as any 5/50 will and they'll have room for growth if you should decide you want to R4/R5 them eventually. For mid tier growing accounts you can never go wrong with having a regen champ and both VTD and OML provide strong regen to cover any mistakes and from act 5 forward and monthly EQ a double immune like Sentinel will always have value.

That makes sense. I guess I'm curious as to when 4* become almost irrelevant? Is it just basically when you have a fair amount of mid to high god tier champs at 5* or above? Or do you continue to use 4* up until Cavalier?
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Sentinel is a god send. I used him at rank 5 for most of this game and only recently awakened him after using him in 6.3 so rank him up as high as you can and then put in a tech gem if you get one
  • Morningstar is much better Awakened; but only if it happens by chance. If that happens, definitely she's a contender for long-term rank-ups to rank 4 or even 5.

I have wide range of 4 stars next up for Rank 5, just not sure how to prioritize them. These are all currently at 4/40: Doctor Voodoo, Quake, Archangel, Gwenpool, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Emma Frost (All awakened). Unawakened at 4/40, I have Doctor Doom, Namor, Sym Supreme, Human Torch, Ghost, Void, Hyperion, Iceman.

I know that's a lot of info and I'm not asking for an exact breakdown, but it's just tough for me to see longterm who would be worth it when I know I'm on the verge of having more 5-Stars joining my roster. I can finally 100% Heroic and Master EQ, and I have completion of Uncollected EQ down, but still working on 100%-ing that.
    Every player is different so there's no perfect solution here. But in general, whether a rank up is "worth it" or not depends on whether you can make immediate use of the ranked up champion for some benefit. If you're stuck on some content, and ranking up a specific 4* champ will get you past it, that's generally worth it. If you don't have any such need, and you aren't overflowing on rank up resources, then it is safe to save them for better 5* champs that might come along.

The last 4* champ I ranked up was Namor. I pulled him, I could awaken him with a 4* awakening, and I could rank him to max sig immediately because I had a ton of unused 4* sig stones. A max rank Namor has lots of potential uses, but I specifically used him in the Epic labs from a few months ago. With him on the team I did not need to reroll many otherwise problematic node combinations because of Namor's signature ability. Even as a 4*, he could get past one problematic fight generally, which made him well worth the rank up for me.

If there's a champ like that for you, I'd say rank them up. If there isn't, or you aren't sure, I'd say wait until you are.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    Sentinel, may be vtd and oml, if you like them, worth it for sure. Especially sentinel, tanky as hell and will make you learn how to hit in block, helps a lot when you don't want to get cornered