**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will Galactus Be Entering Contest?

I've seen a few things that might be a leak for galactus as an in game character, but is kabaam really going release a champion that's like 15 miles high? They could shrink him down to size like what they did with dormammu. or maybe they're going to put him as a final boss to end the year with a bang?
let me know what you guys think in the comments!

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    probably the thanos replacement, he is getting a bit stale.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Entering the contest and be released as a character are different things.
    He is already in the contest, just not yet seen as a character, or either as playable or an npc
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

According to the umcoc podcast gabe confirmed galactus will be NPC

For now anyways. Modok was originally a NPC and a year later playable. Only time will tell.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

For now anyways. Modok was originally a NPC and a year later playable. Only time will tell.
    Likely will remain just like maestro.collector.grandmaster..MODOK was always meant to be playable as they found a way to bring him into the current story telling.
  • jonzerjonzer Posts: 161

I feel like you guys don’t understand who galactus is

that's true. however other characters such as dormammu should be more powerful than they are in-gamecurrently
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★

We will be fighting the big toe of Galactus

Monty Python style!
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Power Scales don't always matter as no matter how strong they always lose in the end.

Plus Thanos with the gauntlet is immensely more powerful than Galactus (and well anyone with the gauntlet). There are a few champs in game who were stronger than him or always is stronger in the comics. The were stronger or had times where they were are Doctor Strange, Thor, Mephisto, Sentry (I think Void also). Champs who are generally stronger than him are Phoenix and Dormmamu. Deadpool is also stronger than anyone else as he has powers beyond anyone with his 4th wall breaking skills (yes it's a joke but it's somewhat true if you look at Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe when Professor X tries to read his mind).

They just gotta make him as big as Sentinel or slightly bigger but same hit box and we're good.
    You clearly know nothing
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Likely will remain just like maestro.collector.grandmaster..MODOK was always meant to be playable as they found a way to bring him into the current story telling.
    I will say this I remember hearing about Plans of them adding in Maestro and do believe he may be the act 6 legends champ.
  • Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    If he is the final boss I could just imagine fighting a foot.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    lets just hope if they do bring him in, he wont just be a cloud like the rise of the silver surfer movie
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

Yes.

But in order to use him, you have to pull his left and right arm, left and right leg, his torso and finally his head.

Once you have all 6 parts, in all 6 star rarities (1* thru 6*) and all parts maxed out in level and sig, you will be able to use him, but only once a week, in 1 quest.

Have a "Like" for the Exodia reference
    Saiyan said:

Saiyan said:

Power Scales don't always matter as no matter how strong they always lose in the end.

Plus Thanos with the gauntlet is immensely more powerful than Galactus (and well anyone with the gauntlet). There are a few champs in game who were stronger than him or always is stronger in the comics. The were stronger or had times where they were are Doctor Strange, Thor, Mephisto, Sentry (I think Void also). Champs who are generally stronger than him are Phoenix and Dormmamu. Deadpool is also stronger than anyone else as he has powers beyond anyone with his 4th wall breaking skills (yes it's a joke but it's somewhat true if you look at Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe when Professor X tries to read his mind).

They just gotta make him as big as Sentinel or slightly bigger but same hit box and we're good.
    You clearly know nothing
    Then tell me why I'm wrong. Saying I am doesn't dispute my claims. In the most recent Secret Wars Doom made Galactus his front door security guard after he got the powers of the Beyonders. Then Franklin Richards (Reeds and Sue's son) took control of Galactus. That Dr. Doom from the comics is what I meant when I said "at one point some characters were stronger than Galactus without the need of the gauntlet".

Pressing the disagree button doesn't make what I said wrong. Phoenix for example is one of the top 10 entities in the main Marvel universes and always rated above Galactus based on known feats. Galactus would have a very hard time killing Sentry as a full powered one as far as shown in the comics regened from almost nothing but a molecule and Sentry is able to do actual damage to him as well.
    Ok if we’re talking about that dr.doom he was well op but for you stay say dormmamu is stronger galactus has already defeated dormmamu in his own realm, Mephisto is a different story in mephist realm galactus and him fought to a draw but that’s in Mephisto realm I believe out of that realm galactus wins and I’m not even gonna put sentry in the conversation yes sentry is super powerful but I do not believe sentry is strong enough to beat a cosmic entity, because then characters like blue marvel, ww hulk and others can fight cosmic entities and I just can’t believe it until I see it.
    But now as I wrote that I guess galactus can come to this game since kabam constantly depowers champions to absurd levels
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    Jestress said:

Galactus has the ability to alter his size. He did in the Lego game and Ultimate Alliance 1. I'm sure he wont be a big toe.

They did this for Dorm as well
    Dormammu has the ability to alter his size. Galactus, however, can not alter his size, and has no reason to. His one and only purpose is to consume planets, so even if he could shrink, why would he?
  • Saiyan said:

Plus Thanos with the gauntlet is immensely more powerful than Galactus (and well anyone with the gauntlet).

We don't know that. I should say, Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet in the 616 universe was more powerful than Galactus, but we don't know if Thanos with the Battlerealm gauntlet is more powerful than the Galactus that exists in this dimension. The gauntlet that exists in the battlerealm universe has completely different power gems, created with combinations of the essence of powerful beings and ISO-8. Clearly, the MCOC Battlerealm gauntlet is not quite as powerful, or the first possessor of the gauntlet on battlerealm would have instantly defeated everyone else.
  • But now as I wrote that I guess galactus can come to this game since kabam constantly depowers champions to absurd levels

The problem with making Galactus a playable character has I believe little to do with his Earth-616 power level. It has more to do with his place in the story. We can play as Dormammu because Dormammu doesn't have a special place in the story. But we're unlikely to ever be able to play as the Grandmaster or Maestro because of their specific roles in the story. They aren't conventional "contestants" and so I think the devs are unlikely to ever let us play as them, except maybe under very special and limited situations.

To be playable in the game every Marvel character has to be brought to roughly the same power level. For as much as players think there's a wide gap between the best and worst champions in the game, the overall gap between them is microscopic compared to the full range of power those characters have in the comic books. If they can bring down Phoenix and Dormammu to roughly the same power level as Elektra and Daredevil, they can bring Galactus down if they wanted to. But I think some characters can be "champions" and some are reserved to be plot devices, and thus do not need to follow any particular balance rules.

I suspect that will ultimately be what limits Galactus from being playable.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

Jestress said:

Galactus has the ability to alter his size. He did in the Lego game and Ultimate Alliance 1. I'm sure he wont be a big toe.

Dormammu has the ability to alter his size. Galactus, however, can not alter his size, and has no reason to. His one and only purpose is to consume planets, so even if he could shrink, why would he?

Jestress said:

No galactus actually CAN alter his size. Check out his wiki page.
    Honestly I leave nothing out anymore kabam has already showed that they will take power comic characters and make them a joke in this game lol