**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Collector Prep

So im a f2p. Im currently preping for my attempt at the collector. . There are a few problems that some of you uncollected players could help me with.
1) The Champs im gonna try to use now for my first attempt is Medusa (awakened), Iceman, Quake (awakened), Doom all maxed 4 stars and my 5star r2 namor. I dont think it will go to well mainly cause of namor lower pi. Is there like specific champions that help alot? I see og vision 4 star working but i dont have one other power drain champs but i only have doom. but no mystic depression (rip)
2) From what i see on youtube all the videos i have watched, they have 5 stars at like r4. Does it really matter the ratings and stuff because im starting to get discouraged?. But i have a REALLY big stash of potions and stuff so theat shouldnt matter too much.
3) Anyone know any cheese techinques to help?
Thanks guys.

Comments

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Best counters are #1 Spider-Gwen and #2 Sparky.

If you don't have them, you can always do what us old schoolers did... that is...

Do as much damage as possible, take sp1 to the face, revive, do as much damage as possible, take sp1 to the face, revive, ad infinitum until dead.

Also, don't use potions. It's a waste. Only use revives.

Good luck. Collector is the most BS fight in the games history and still remains that way.
  • Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    Cool man. I'm currently at 5.2.4 with that debuff gets a regen node(forgot the name).
    Power control champ would be a great asset. Plus champ will high damage over time debuffs.
    5.1.6 was a real pain.

You can take on the collector with quake but you have to know how to use her properly.
    Getting a 5* to rank 3 or 4* to rank 5 should be enough.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Take champs that do high damage straight away if you have no power control.

Use your best attack/ champ boosts. The fight itself isn’t very hard (like for eg the epic annihilus with spite, fml) it’s just for the most part you can’t avoid his specials. Just accept that and use 40% team revives. Up to half health he is easy if you pause after parry and make sure it stuck before attacking. Familiarise yourself with his heavy animation as he is keen to thrown that and it’s easy to avoid and punish. He’s also fairly easy to intercept.

I explored the quest last night, I was doing my damage with 5/50 Corvus, 4/55 blade, 3/45 OML, 5/50 killmonger or 4/40 venom and 3/45 warlock. OML and and venom/KM weren’t doing too much but massively helped clear the paths, the others could generally take up to 25-30% at a time. One team revive per quest run sufficed.

Corvus is great vs collector especially if you can get 3-4 charges up.

Warlock was really good too, I had one run where he took him half down, I had him powerdraining himself via regen. Reckon at r4/5 warlock could solo him.

You’ll need iceman or medusa for the easy path to deal with SW.

Good luck! Watch some videos just before you fight him so you know the animations.

• XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Grind arena to get units. Your gonna need a lot for revives.
  • MitriaxMitriax Posts: 215 ★★

Cool man. I'm currently at 5.2.4 with that debuff gets a regen node(forgot the name).
    Power control champ would be a great asset. Plus champ will high damage over time debuffs.
    5.1.6 was a real pain.

You can take on the collector with quake but you have to know how to use her properly.

Quake would not work because of the AAR
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Mitriax said:

5.1.6 was a real pain.

Quake would not work because of the AAR
    Yeah, her evades would eventually fail and you would die.
  • BananaGrantBananaGrant Posts: 95
    Collector fight isn't as bad as most people say. With your roster of 5/50 4* champs, you should be fine once you get to him.

Definitely have a few revives stashed though. Usually 3-5 team and 10-15 singles should do the trick.

I'd definitely save some units though. Around 500 should be fine (With the revive amounts I stated, you usually don't need these. These are safety units)

Boost up as well. You can block specials for the first 30% of his HP? Not sure. Do not attempt to evade until they are Unblockable.

GL man. Hope it turns out fine :)