**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• dcw_dcw_ Posts: 130
    I would take issue with the term “rare” as happened in back to back Thanos fights in AQ, then happened in all the fights I had in V3 (she hulk, Daredevil and then twice in that Thing fight). It’s also not just attacking into block. I didn’t get a recording of the mid combo use but it’s the same thing... hit 3 or 4 of quick landing strikes specials are being used and this definitely shouldn’t be happening as it would mean they are recovering faster then one light attack to the next
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

Dont do multiple attacks in block if they have a bar or more of power.

That’s a joke right?
    if I told you not to intercept when the opponent had a full bar of power would you consider that a joke as well? Why would you expect the AI to not do something players can do?
  • dcw_dcw_ Posts: 130
    Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

That’s a joke right?
    if I told you not to intercept when the opponent had a full bar of power would you consider that a joke as well? Why would you expect the AI to not do something players can do?
    This isn’t getting caught trying to intercept... your comments have no added value... by your logic we shouldn’t land hits on anyone if they have a bar or more of power as it’s happening on BOTH block strikes and mid landing combos... so yeah... joke...
    dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

That’s a joke right?
    This isn’t getting caught trying to intercept... your comments have no added value... by your logic we shouldn’t land hits on anyone if they have a bar or more of power as it’s happening on BOTH block strikes and mid landing combos... so yeah... joke...
    It doesa not happen mid landing combos, when people talking about combos in this thread they mean hitting multiple times into block. It only happens when you attack into block, as hitting the opponent dazes them for a period of time. hitting into a block is the same as trying to intercept someone. If you see it happening mid combo, I mean real combos of landing hits you should record it and post it.
    dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

That’s a joke right?
    It doesa not happen mid landing combos, when people talking about combos in this thread they mean hitting multiple times into block. It only happens when you attack into block, as hitting the opponent dazes them for a period of time. hitting into a block is the same as trying to intercept someone. If you see it happening mid combo, I mean real combos of landing hits you should record it and post it.
    Had it happen earlier today mid landing combo. If your just going to troll plz go elsewhere, again no added value, no insight... waste of time reading and responding too your comments (won’t anymore)
    And yet no video of it, that is a unique thing, and would be a bug that you should post on.
  • NaTiSaAdNaTiSaAd Posts: 61
    Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

That’s a joke right?
    We can’t evade while the AI is hitting into our block, so we should expect the AI to not be able to as well. If you can, let’s see your video proof. There are many champions that are designed specifically to benefit from hitting into blocks i.e. Omega Red, Sentinel, Massacre to name a few. This bug prevents them from being able to do so effectively. So yeah, go troll somewhere else.
    NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

That’s a joke right?
    We can’t evade while the AI is hitting into our block, so we should expect the AI to not be able to as well. If you can, let’s see your video proof. There are many champions that are designed specifically to benefit from hitting into blocks i.e. Omega Red, Sentinel, Massacre to name a few. This bug prevents them from being able to do so effectively. So yeah, go troll somewhere else.
    We actually can evade while the AI is hitting into our blocks, we can also launch specials.

Lormif said:

NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

That’s a joke right?
    We actually can evade while the AI is hitting into our blocks, we can also launch specials.
    I've made the point before and will do it again: we cannot do so with consistency, while the a.i. can do it whenever it wants. That's the big difference. If you can show me a video where you evade during every combo in a fight, then I will accept what you say. But something that occurs intermittently whenever the game allows us to do it doesnt count as a real fight mechanic. Playing around something that is either a bug or a cheap shot by devs is not a real strategy and is not fair.
    you can do it consistently if you have the timing down, I have already posted a video in this thread of me doing it. It does not happen "intermittently whenever the game allows us to do it", it is a real fight mechanic. the only time you cannot evade is during specific double attacks like Domino medium charge where the game locks the inputs to prevent you from mistiming a very difficult to time evade. I am sorry you do not have the timing for that down, but that in no way means the maneuver if not available to you.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Here come the usual suspects to gaslight the rest of us...

Vdh2008 said:

Nothing to add on topic I see.
    Vdh2008 said:

Lormif said:

Vdh2008 said:

Nothing to add on topic I see.
    I have added numerous posts to this thread already. Been subscribed to it for over HALF A YEAR because it's not getting fixed. There's an obvious bug that is easily reproducible, and confirmed by the game team in this thread that they are "looking into it"... But there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I've personally burned hundreds of potions on this issue.

For someone to then come in (with no actual affiliation with the game team) and say "there's no problem" because we can do the same thing the AI is doing, or "don't attack into a block while the AI has a bar of power" is not helping the conversation. You're deliberately misleading people here. But I'm the one with nothing to add... Lol

"looking into it" is not a confirmation of a bug, it is confirmation they are looking into something as a possible bug. Dont assign more to words than there already. I have not done anything to mislead anyone, I have never stated there is no issues, because that would be stating something I cannot know, like your claim of looking into it meaning there is conformation of a bug. all I have stated is facts, and you insult people because you do not like those facts, that is not adding anything.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

That’s a joke right?
    I've made the point before and will do it again: we cannot do so with consistency, while the a.i. can do it whenever it wants. That's the big difference. If you can show me a video where you evade during every combo in a fight, then I will accept what you say. But something that occurs intermittently whenever the game allows us to do it doesnt count as a real fight mechanic. Playing around something that is either a bug or a cheap shot by devs is not a real strategy and is not fair.
    you can do it consistently if you have the timing down, I have already posted a video in this thread of me doing it. It does not happen "intermittently whenever the game allows us to do it", it is a real fight mechanic. the only time you cannot evade is during specific double attacks like Domino medium charge where the game locks the inputs to prevent you from mistiming a very difficult to time evade. I am sorry you do not have the timing for that down, but that in no way means the maneuver if not available to you.
    You posted a video in this thread already, huh. That’s funny, I looked through this entire thread and not a single video posted by you. You know what, the mods must have removed it as they didn’t want you defending them. Once again, if you’re so amazing with your timing and this issue doesn’t affect you, then why are you even in this thread? Keep your BS to yourself.

And you literally keep telling us theres no problem

citation for the litterally?
    NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

That’s a joke right?
    You posted a video in this thread already, huh. That’s funny, I looked through this entire thread and not a single video posted by you. You know what, the mods must have removed it as they didn’t want you defending them. Once again, if you’re so amazing with your timing and this issue doesn’t affect you, then why are you even in this thread? Keep your BS to yourself.
    I get hit with them throwing specials or evading as well, but the mods have quite litterally stated the AI has always been able to do that, so I adjust, I dont keep complaining about it.
  • @Brt92 (re: the pic of email from Kabam Support explaining it's possibility)..
    You could just re-quote your initial posting of that white email pic from up here on previous page, instead of quoting it from my quote of yours. 😀 (I wasn’t the one who originally found it).
    I had just borrowed your response when I replied to a newcomer's separate thread (and pointed that person over to here), but Kabam later merged it into this thread anyways.

Do you still have the “original” source thread from where you initially found it at ?? To know from how long ago that was from Support, and any other surrounding context ?? That might help to clarify things a little for others as it is argued one way or another. Thx.
    Lormif said:

NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

That’s a joke right?
    I get hit with them throwing specials or evading as well, but the mods have quite litterally stated the AI has always been able to do that, so I adjust, I dont keep complaining about it.
    If it truly was always possible, the AI never utilized it before this issue was first reported. So something would have to have been changed intentionally or it’s a bug. There never was an announced change or an acknowledged change. We’ve all had to adjust otherwise you can’t progress through the most difficult content. Our “complaining” is down to the fact that something changed but no one from Kabam will acknowledge it. If they just came out and said yeah we changed the aggressiveness of the AI to utilize this possibility then fine. I’d be mad, but I’d accept it. The mods have asked for specific examples with specific information from players of when this occurs in this thread. You haven’t provided one from what I have seen. Either contribute helpful information or troll elsewhere.
  • Brt92 said:

Sorry man, i wasn't sure how to quote myself from another page once in the editor interface ;) This is the original thread, it was posted yesterday in the general discussion section: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/171853/massacre-broken-mechanics#latest

Oh, so that email clip was very recent (just from couple days ago), thx.

And yes, you can do a quote while on a previous page, and then just type in and post your response (even though you’re still sitting on that previous page). It still posts it to the end of the most recent page.
This discussion has been closed.