**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena recharge timers resetting for 5*s

This has happened to me 3 times now. The recharge timers are being reset on all my 5*s and making me hit the help request button again. Impossible to be competitive when the game constantly comes up with ways to screw you over!

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Dirty2180 said:

This has happened to me 3 times now. The recharge timers are being reset on all my 5*s and making me hit the help request button again. Impossible to be competitive when the game constantly comes up with ways to screw you over!

the 5*s have a super long timer, and will give you multiple options to hit the request help button to reduce it faster. This is not screwing you over, it aids you.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

the 5*s have a super long timer, and will give you multiple options to hit the request help button to reduce it faster. This is not screwing you over, it aids you.
    That’s not what’s happening.
  • Dirty2180Dirty2180 Posts: 9
    Then why is the timer resetting also? I've played this game for a long time and done arena many times and have never seen it give the option to request help multiple times.
    Dirty2180 said:

Then why is the timer resetting also? I've played this game for a long time and done arena many times and have never seen it give the option to request help multiple times.

Please provide screen shots or videos. With the information provided in the post my answer is a possibility. You need to be more detailed in the bugs description.
    Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Please provide screen shots or videos. With the information provided in the post my answer is a possibility. You need to be more detailed in the bugs description.
    Are you an admin that can actually solve the problem?
    Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

That is irrelevant, you need to show the issue, not detail something that could be a bug or could be normal behavior.
    Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

No he isn’t. It’s also documented here https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/164743/help-requested-resetting#latest if you can add to the thread please do so.

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

No he isn’t. It’s also documented here https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/164743/help-requested-resetting#latest if you can add to the thread please do so.
    Thank you for being helpful
    edited December 2019
    Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

It can be super frustrating, on Saturday I was required to request help for my 5s and 4s 4 times within one hour; its about 220 each time and takes a while to complete. I probably spent 15-20 of that hour uselessly tapping help instead of enjoying the game.

Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

It can be super frustrating, on Saturday I was required to request help for my 5s and 4s 4 times within one hour; its about 220 each time and takes a while to complete. I probably spent 15-20 of that hour uselessly tapping help instead of enjoying the game.
    problem is you still dont know if it is normal behavior or the issue you are having for this guy. He reported in the other thread it is happening after several hours, which is the normal behavior as well. This is why you need more details and evidence instead of just guessing it is not the normal behavior.
    edited December 2019
    Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

problem is you still dont know if it is normal behavior or the issue you are having for this guy. He reported in the other thread it is happening after several hours, which is the normal behavior as well. This is why you need more details and evidence instead of just guessing it is not the normal behavior.
    The problem is you assuming this is in any way intentional or a benefit to the player. It’s not meant to kick your champions out of the queue to re-request helps. Prior to dungeons being added into the game you hit request 1 time per cooldown. Come of it; unless you can document an evidence that helps being “kicked back” to the player actually benefits them? Oh you can’t and have not? Good day sir! 😏
  • BananaGrantBananaGrant Posts: 95

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

The problem is you assuming this is in any way intentional or a benefit to the player. It’s not meant to kick your champions out of the queue to re-request helps. Prior to dungeons being added into the game you hit request 1 time per cooldown. Come of it; unless you can document an evidence that helps being “kicked back” to the player actually benefits them? Oh you can’t and have not? Good day sir! 😏
    Idk if it's just me, but usually I find help requests reset when 5 ally members click help.

I have to re-request help when it happens. Maybe your alliance is super active and hits help 20 times an hour? Just a thought though. I don't run arena much

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

That is false. The multiple times per cooldown has been in effect since well before dungeons, it has been in the game since before 12.0, I know because that is when I got heavily into arenas. And yes it is a benefit to the player. It give them multiple times to get their request for cooldowns taken care of. it also gives your alliance multiple chances for help requests. There is no downside to it outside of the a bug,. Can you provide any drawback to it?

Besides I am not even sure what that had to do with my statement that you dont know if this dudes problem is the reported issue, or the normal behavior for log time cooldowns.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

That is false. The multiple times per cooldown has been in effect since well before dungeons, it has been in the game since before 12.0, I know because that is when I got heavily into arenas. And yes it is a benefit to the player. It give them multiple times to get their request for cooldowns taken care of. it also gives your alliance multiple chances for help requests. There is no downside to it outside of the a bug,. Can you provide any drawback to it?

Besides I am not even sure what that had to do with my statement that you dont know if this dudes problem is the reported issue, or the normal behavior for log time cooldowns.
    Documentation and evidence please. Show me at the very least Kabam saying this is intentional or part of the game; you know the same thing you are asking for.

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

Idk if it's just me, but usually I find help requests reset when 5 ally members click help.

I have to re-request help when it happens. Maybe your alliance is super active and hits help 20 times an hour? Just a thought though. I don't run arena much
    Nope, i’m lucky to have my 6s helped 3 times during their 12 hr cool down or even for my energy requests to go past 2.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

Documentation and evidence please. Show me at the very least Kabam saying this is intentional or part of the game; you know the same thing you are asking for.
    Where did I ask for that? I asked him to document the issue, show that it is resetting the timers and the like. There is no documentation for every single aspect of the game and you know that, why are you so upset that I am asking for normal things?
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

Where did I ask for that? I asked him to document the issue, show that it is resetting the timers and the like. There is no documentation for every single aspect of the game and you know that, why are you so upset that I am asking for normal things?
    I’m not upset you are asking for normal things. I’m bothered by your assumptions and lack of evidence to back them up. Contestchampion on youtube has a 24 hour cable arena stream; this was prior to 12.0, surely you can use that to prove your assertions? I’ll wait.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Dirty2180 said:

Lormif said:

Dirty2180 said:

Happy to.

I’m not upset you are asking for normal things. I’m bothered by your assumptions and lack of evidence to back them up. Contestchampion on youtube has a 24 hour cable arena stream; this was prior to 12.0, surely you can use that to prove your assertions? I’ll wait.
    But you are not bothered by your own assumptions and lack of evidence to back them up? In fact other than assuming that the dude is reporting an issue that sounds an aweful lot like standard happenings I made no assumptions. You assumed it was broken without any evidence it was broken at all because you had an issue.
    When you pull your head out we’ll talk about this.

because my head is the one up there? You are the only one insulting someone.
    Lormif said:

Do you do anything but assume? Pull it out of the sand you buried it in.

Lormif said:

I didnt assume anything, that is still an insult....the phrases both mean the same thing, one is just more crude than the other.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I didnt assume anything, that is still an insult....the phrases both mean the same thing, one is just more crude than the other.
    If using an idiom as a shortcut to show you are ignoring the problem rather than being open to it is an insult to you, that is you not me. Until you evidence that “kicked back” helps are a benefit to the players you are assuming they are beneficial. They’re already evidently disruptive and unwelcome.

P.S. the two idioms have separate meanings, but yeah I can see how you can interpret either to apply. 🙃

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

If using an idiom as a shortcut to show you are ignoring the problem rather than being open to it is an insult to you, that is you not me. Until you evidence that “kicked back” helps are a benefit to the players you are assuming they are beneficial. They’re already evidently disruptive and unwelcome.

P.S. the two idioms have separate meanings, but yeah I can see how you can interpret either to apply. 🙃
    the idioms have roughly the same meaning, that you are not paying attention to what is going on around you. the second has possible secondary meanings but that is still a valid meaning of the phrase.

i have also already detailed how they are beneficial to the player, you seem to have ignored that. What makes them disruptive and unwelcome, both subjective phrases. Their help in getting more chances for cooldowns and more chances for helps from the alliance is objective.
    edited December 2019
    You have not at all evidenced they are in any way beneficial, you’ve assumed they are. Your words have no weight. When you can evidence kicked back helps are beneficial feel free to tag me, I would love to see this unicorn you keep insisting on.

You have not at all evidenced they are in any way beneficial, you’ve assumed they are. Your words have no weight. When you can evidence kicked back helps are beneficial feel free to tag me, I would love to see this unicorn you keep insisting on.

so you dont think increased cool downs on your champs and increased help requests that lead to increased loyalty and increased chances for the help event are beneficial? that is a strange position to take in my mind.
    Lormif said:

so you dont think increased cool downs on your champs and increased help requests that lead to increased loyalty and increased chances for the help event are beneficial? that is a strange position to take in my mind.
    That’s an assumption that the cool down’s are affected by kick backs.

Lormif said:

cooldowns of the champions drop when you get help, if you do not max out your help in the period for the request and you request help again you can get the cooldown up to the max of 5, there is no assumption there.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

cooldowns of the champions drop when you get help, if you do not max out your help in the period for the request and you request help again you can get the cooldown up to the max of 5, there is no assumption there.
    Anectodal presumptive evidence, I know you do not think it stinks but it does.

Documentation/evidence proving this assertion please. You can easily provide this with video showing the first time your 6*s are requested for help then their availability being anything beyond 35 minutes sooner (7m reduction by 5 helps) within 12 hours.

Alternatively you can run only 3 6*s and not request help on one of them. Comparing their availability after them being kicked back and helped again will show that the other two in the set are going beyond the 35 minutes.

Absent evidence you are assuming kick backs to be beneficial.
  • Since all these threads have NOT been Merged together yet, and most of the commentary here is about whether the Help Requests seem to be resetting or not...
    I’ll copy the 2018 thread link that Coat put in the other recent thread.
    The 2018 post actually had timing stats, etc, surrounding recharge timers when the Helps had become available again.

I think everyone can agree that after some amount of hours (I’m assuming 2 hrs so the code can be the same as with 4* refreshes), that 5* and 6* will be available to ask for help again.

Question would be does that normal occurrence suddenly “take back” the several minutes reduction in their recharge times ? Or is it only in some BUG cases (where Helps can be requested again well short of a couple hours, like after going into and out of Dungeons, or whatever), which really is a bug case, are those the only times that the reduction in recharge times are being potentially reset ??

Here is 2018 thread that Coat found with actual specific recharge timer examples ...

Here’s a thread from mid 2018 on the issue as well. Maybe it has additional information that may be relevant.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63556/arena-help-request-and-refresh-time-bug