**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champions for variant 1

please suggest

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Do the other variants first, and champ choice depends on the path
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    @Bpn88855 & @Lvernon15 thanks for insightful advice. I've also wondered myself. :)
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

@Bpn88855 & @Lvernon15 thanks for insightful advice. I've also wondered myself. :)

Variant 1 is around the difficulty of maybe 6.3, the others around that of somewhere between act 5 and 6.1
  • Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195
    In my opinion variant 3 is the easiest to do first difficulty wise it kinda go's backwards v3 easiest v2 pretty easy v1 insanely difficult
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I have a small 5* roster

In addition I recently added Namor and The Hood as 5*s. Who from my roster would be helpful in Variant 3?

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Friendly advice, you've got a 5* R4 Domino and a 5* R4 Rhulk, and I've gotta assume you've got at least a 3* Masacre. You've also got a 5* R3 Thing, a 5* R4 Angela, a 4 star Heimdall and I'll also assume you have Hela and The Champion at least as 3 stars. Those teams are absolutely insane for V2. I just completed 1.1 of V2 with a 4* R4 Thing, a 3* Heimdall and a 3* The Champion. That just shows you how awesome Thing is for V2. So, bring in either:

Thing, The Champion, Angela, Hela and Heimdall (in that order). Immediately kill off everyone but Thing and get beat until you're dead with Thing. The Champion synergy will save you and you'll heal like 20% or something with the Hela/Angela synergy. At that point, get beat up like crazy while you're indestructible (because of The Champion synergy. (Try to get some parries at the beginning of the fight so that when you get the indestructible, you also get unstoppable around the same time and can get hit as many times as possible before you go back in to attack or bail out to be safe.) That's when you get the crazy damage and play like normal, but safe, since you're running on low health. The Heimdall synergy is there if you need it. You might need to use a few health pots or revives going through, but this is an extremely fast and efficient way to do V2.

Or Domino, Masacre, Red Hulk and either 2 synergy champs or other good options for V2. Just parry and heavy with Domino and you'll shred through all of V2.

I have a small 5* roster

In addition I recently added Namor and The Hood as 5*s. Who from my roster would be helpful in Variant 3?

Pretty much only Doc Ock and maybe Namor.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Variant 1 is around the difficulty of maybe 6.3, the others around that of somewhere between act 5 and 6.1
    “Variant 1 is around the difficulty of maybe 6.3” my only question is why????
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    Etjama said:

Friendly advice, you've got a 5* R4 Domino and a 5* R4 Rhulk, and I've gotta assume you've got at least a 3* Masacre. You've also got a 5* R3 Thing, a 5* R4 Angela, a 4 star Heimdall and I'll also assume you have Hela and The Champion at least as 3 stars. Those teams are absolutely insane for V2. I just completed 1.1 of V2 with a 4* R4 Thing, a 3* Heimdall and a 3* The Champion. That just shows you how awesome Thing is for V2. So, bring in either:

Thing, The Champion, Angela, Hela and Heimdall (in that order). Immediately kill off everyone but Thing and get beat until you're dead with Thing. The Champion synergy will save you and you'll heal like 20% or something with the Hela/Angela synergy. At that point, get beat up like crazy while you're indestructible (because of The Champion synergy. (Try to get some parries at the beginning of the fight so that when you get the indestructible, you also get unstoppable around the same time and can get hit as many times as possible before you go back in to attack or bail out to be safe.) That's when you get the crazy damage and play like normal, but safe, since you're running on low health. The Heimdall synergy is there if you need it. You might need to use a few health pots or revives going through, but this is an extremely fast and efficient way to do V2.

Or Domino, Masacre, Red Hulk and either 2 synergy champs or other good options for V2. Just parry and heavy with Domino and you'll shred through all of V2.

How far have you gone through this contents?Your champ suggestion was solid,but shredding through is not an option honestly.Lots of things seems easier when someone else is doing but doing it yourself requires a lot of muscle memory and champs movement familiarity.With a mediocore roster like that someone who has been playing this for years wilbe able to do with help of some units.But if that's someone's primary account he would need a lot of units.
    Its better to focus on monthly uc eqs first,developing skill and roster then concentrating on the permanent content.
  • NatoradeNatorade Posts: 34
    Keniutek said:

variant 1 = polar opposites?

Variant 1= Ultron’s Assault

edited December 2019

Etjama said:

How far have you gone through this contents?Your champ suggestion was solid,but shredding through is not an option honestly.Lots of things seems easier when someone else is doing but doing it yourself requires a lot of muscle memory and champs movement familiarity.With a mediocore roster like that someone who has been playing this for years wilbe able to do with help of some units.But if that's someone's primary account he would need a lot of units.
    Its better to focus on monthly uc eqs first,developing skill and roster then concentrating on the permanent content.
    This guy is asking about Variants, not EQ's. So I'm just suggesting the best champ combinations for the best choices of Variant. Now he may not "shred" through it, but those champs are the best options imo and it's just an expression that I decided to use. Its his/her option to want to go into variant and who's to say he doesn't already have the skill?
  • KattohS said:

Lvernon15 said:

The original intent of the variant difficulties was to make them very challenging for end game players. They aimed high with the first one, and then toned them down a bit for the next two.

And actually, I think Ultron's Assault (variant 1) might be a bit toned down from the Maze, the first of the super high difficulty maps (that one was time limited).
    DNA3000 said:

KattohS said:

Lvernon15 said:

The original intent of the variant difficulties was to make them very challenging for end game players. They aimed high with the first one, and then toned them down a bit for the next two.

And actually, I think Ultron's Assault (variant 1) might be a bit toned down from the Maze, the first of the super high difficulty maps (that one was time limited).
    👍🏽

• Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★

Ok, I can be more specific. Your roster is currently not ready at all for variant 1. Good luck with spending tons of units :)
    DNA3000 said:

KattohS said:

Lvernon15 said: