**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Items in inventory...

After level 60 I realized I don't need xp boosters, I saw in store lesser xp booster get for 100 units each.. while I have 7 lesser and 8 greater xp booster.. dear kabam why I simply can't trade items i don't need with exchange of another like same cost... What's point to sell them for 1000 gold for each while you taking 100 units for them..

Comments

• Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Yeah Kabam, let’s bargain lol!

How about I sell you mine at a discount? I’m just gonna spend it on crystals anyway so I lose either way 😋
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Use them during item use.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 410 ★★★
    Use them for item use events.
  • Janabest said:

After level 60 I realized I don't need xp boosters, I saw in store lesser xp booster get for 100 units each.. while I have 7 lesser and 8 greater xp booster.. dear kabam why I simply can't trade items i don't need with exchange of another like same cost... What's point to sell them for 1000 gold for each while you taking 100 units for them..

The short answer is that the items in the game are balanced around how hard they are to earn and how valuable they are to the players who make use of them. Allowing us to buy them for units short circuits the need to actually earn them through gameplay, so those costs are almost always going to be high. If they were too low, that would devalue gameplay.

But conversely the game can't simply pay out in-game currency for those things because they are in fact earnable through game play. If the players could farm them for units, that would force them to be balanced around how many units the players could sell them for, rather than how common the devs wanted to make the item to benefit the players that need them.

In other words, XP boosters are not all that rare, because the devs want them to be common enough for players still progressing to use. But if players could trade them for other valuable rewards or units, the devs would have to make them less common, and then progressing players wouldn't be able to get as much benefit from them.

The fact that we can sell them at all for anything is simply so players don't complain about them expiring completely worthlessly. But it is almost always for a token amount of gold.
  • JanabestJanabest Posts: 9
    DNA3000 said:

Janabest said:

The short answer is that the items in the game are balanced around how hard they are to earn and how valuable they are to the players who make use of them. Allowing us to buy them for units short circuits the need to actually earn them through gameplay, so those costs are almost always going to be high. If they were too low, that would devalue gameplay.

But conversely the game can't simply pay out in-game currency for those things because they are in fact earnable through game play. If the players could farm them for units, that would force them to be balanced around how many units the players could sell them for, rather than how common the devs wanted to make the item to benefit the players that need them.

In other words, XP boosters are not all that rare, because the devs want them to be common enough for players still progressing to use. But if players could trade them for other valuable rewards or units, the devs would have to make them less common, and then progressing players wouldn't be able to get as much benefit from them.

The fact that we can sell them at all for anything is simply so players don't complain about them expiring completely worthlessly. But it is almost always for a token amount of gold.
    It's not about only XP booster.. last 2 weeks I missed out 3 t4cc from stack because I can't use them for.. what's another option I have for any inventory item sell for gold and for t4cc?? Sell 3 for one?? And it also randomly Not exact you want..
  • Janabest said:

DNA3000 said:

Janabest said:

It's not about only XP booster.. last 2 weeks I missed out 3 t4cc from stack because I can't use them for.. what's another option I have for any inventory item sell for gold and for t4cc?? Sell 3 for one?? And it also randomly Not exact you want..
    Yes, it is not about only XP boosters. What I said applies to every item in this game, and every item in every other game with a resource economy. It is a sufficiently fundamental principle of game design it is mentioned about as often as it is mentioned that the computers running the game servers are digital computers.