**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quake as a AW boss

I'm in a debate with an alliance member so I want outsider thoughts on this.
My alliance is 2.5 mill strong for your reference. I have a 4* rank 5 Quake, awakened, sig 99, that I place on the boss node for AW defense. My friend thinks she is not a good defender and I should use a bleed immune 4* rank 4. Did not specify who.
Most rank 4 I see have a rating around 4000, My Quake's rating is 6,100. My thought is that extra 2000 rating times the boost equals to a lot more health and hitting power, plus her free stunning and damage she does with her sig ability should more then make up for bleed immune. Earlier this week we got spanked by a 8.8 mill alliance and she got 8 kills. I'm proud of that.
What do you guys think? Should I replace her with a 4* rank 4 who does not bleed? or keep her as boss.

Comments

• Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    What tier war are you in?
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    In a 2.5 mil alliance I wouldn't imagine there is a lot of options. While Quake isn't a great boss choice, whats the other options for your boss. Mystics are the heavy favorite, Magik Juggs, Dorm, all with the added MD mastery. Awakened classic Spidey is a great option as well. Depending your tier, NC is another good option
    Also, immunities aren't important when picking a war boss.
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    tier 11, we tend to stay around 10 to 13.
    we run 2 BGs, and NC takes boss spot in BG1, Quake in BG2
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    I think your Quake is worth a try right now. Might need to change it up though once the new maps go live in a couple of weeks.
    R4GE wrote: »
    In a 2.5 mil alliance I wouldn't imagine there is a lot of options. While Quake isn't a great boss choice, whats the other options for your boss. Mystics are the heavy favorite, Magik Juggs, Dorm, all with the added MD mastery. Awakened classic Spidey is a great option as well. Depending your tier, NC is another good option

I have a 4* rank 5 Thor, Quake, Cross bone, Gambit, Dr Strange, Civil Warrior, Wolverine.
    My rank 4 are Ms Marvel, Red Hulk, Agent venom, Ghost rider.
    I been using Thor, Quake, Cross bone, Gambit, Dr Strange in defense. CW, Wolverine, Ghost rider for attack
    Cavalier wrote: »

I have a 4* rank 5 Thor, Quake, Cross bone, Gambit, Dr Strange, Civil Warrior, Wolverine.
    I been using Thor, Quake, Cross bone, Gambit, Dr Strange in defense. CW, Wolverine, Ghost rider for attack

Crossbones and Thor are bad choices for defense. You'd be better off placing that AV and Red Hulk.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    3. Due to the difference in maps and opponent skills between various tiers, you best answer is to talk to the boss killers in your alliance. What do they hate to play as a boss? That would probably give you the best hero to put at boss node at your specific level.

My friend and I are the mane boss killers for the alliance. =-)
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    3. Due to the difference in maps and opponent skills between various tiers, you best answer is to talk to the boss killers in your alliance. What do they hate to play as a boss? That would probably give you the best hero to put at boss node at your specific level.

My friend and I are the mane boss killers for the alliance. =-)
    As a boss killer I do placement based on a "what would I hate to fight here" method. Also with a lot of knowledge that I have just collected along the way as to who the nodes fit best and who gets the most kills. None of your options are what I would consider as a boss option. If anyone in your alliance has the champs I mentioned above than I would go with them. If your champs are the best option than I think Quake is actually your best option....taking into consideration the tier you are in.

see how Quake holds up, she might be good in tier 11.
    Mystics are good if you have MD mastery
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Why not try her and see how she does?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

For D I'd go: Strange, AV, CW, Gambit, Rulk
    For AWO I'd go: Thor, Xbones, Quake
    For AQO I'd go: Wolvy, GR, Marvel
    As a boss killer I do placement based on a "what would I hate to fight here" method. Also with a lot of knowledge that I have just collected along the way as to who the nodes fit best and who gets the most kills. None of your options are what I would consider as a boss option. If anyone in your alliance has the champs I mentioned above than I would go with them. If your champs are the best option than I think Quake is actually your best option....taking into consideration the tier you are in.

as for the guys you listed, we might have them as 4* rank 3 at best.
    Why not try her and see how she does?

I have been using her and she gets as many if not more kills then my friends NC does in his BG. The 8mill alliance that stomped up earlier this week. She got 8 kills, his battle group in tole got 3 kills I think it was.
    Use her for now. Just expect her to do less and less as you move through the tiers. You'll wanna start building up a new possible boss though.
    edited August 2017

thanks for advice, I will try it out. But who would you place as boss?

thanks for advice, I will try it out.

I know some players who use CB on their attack team tend to toss a mystic recon on. Just to avoid fighting a mystic champ with him since he triggers MD greatly and will suffer greatly
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Quake is a pretty terrible defender IMO. What's more, she's one of the minibosses in AQ (map 4 probably) so people should already have some experience playing against her

The AI doesn't use heavy attacks very often so the aftershock charges don't stack (if they proc at all during the fight) and the damage taken is thus minimal. Unless you are extremely unlucky, you won't get stunned by her either
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★

I know some players who use CB on their attack team tend to toss a mystic recon on. Just to avoid fighting a mystic champ with him since he triggers MD greatly and will suffer greatly

In tier 11, you don't have to worry about MD
    GbSarkar wrote: »

In tier 11, you don't have to worry about MD
    Its just a heads up in general for as they grow through the tiers. Not something to really be concerned with atm. But he did mention already fighting an 8 mil alliance, so its not to say he wouldn't ever see it soon
    I did dupe a 5* Capt Marvel, had planed on ranking her for my next boss.

She is not a boss. She is one of the best attackers in the game. :/
    Good attacker, nice for AQ. Still not a valuable boss option. She is very easy to fight. Again, mystics with MD like Dorm, Majik, Juggs are heavy favorites. Non mystics, classic spidey and NC
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

She is not a boss. She is one of the best attackers in the game. :/
    Good attacker, nice for AQ. Still not a valuable boss option. She is very easy to fight. Again, mystics with MD like Dorm, Majik, Juggs are heavy favorites. Non mystics, classic spidey and NC

They are both right.

Let's play a game:
    What champs do you most hate fighting in war?
    If Captain Marvel falls anywhere close to the top 10 then maybe you have a case for placing her in war. Otherwise stick to who Rage is saying.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Quake is a medium defender. I wouldn't call her boss worthy. That rating doesn't matter as much as you think it does either. Carnage has a much higher rating than wolvie but is obviously worse. Rank 4 is Rank 4. The sig is nice, but again it's not like Magik's or anything. I'd go with Quake on other stun immunes or high survivability node and see what kills other champs get on boss node, like Dorm, Magik, NC, Juggs, or Spidey. I know some people brag about their champ getting alot of kills in war when boss, but the boss node is supposed to get kills. If she's a good defender, she should get them in other areas too.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Quake is not a good defender against more skilled players. In tier 11 though at 4* r5, she's probably a good option (but that has to do more with the general skill player/lack of r5 attackers than it does quake's defensive prowess). None of the others you mentioned should be even on defense except agent venom and maybe strange on unblockable l2 (tile 19--in tier 11, he will probably destroy there but maybe strange does well other places in tier 11, who knows).

I would be looking at duped juggernaut, duped dormamu, duped magik, duped spidey, and nightcrawler (unduped better) for bosses and minibosses.
    Thanks guys, lots of good info. Don't have the guys listed to use yet or some not duped yet. But I got a better idea of what I need to do to get ready for the future AW fights.
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    Run477 wrote: »
    Quake is not a good defender against more skilled players. In tier 11 though at 4* r5, she's probably a good option (but that has to do more with the general skill player/lack of r5 attackers than it does quake's defensive prowess). None of the others you mentioned should be even on defense except agent venom and maybe strange on unblockable l2 (tile 19--in tier 11, he will probably destroy there but maybe strange does well other places in tier 11, who knows).

I would be looking at duped juggernaut, duped dormamu, duped magik, duped spidey, and nightcrawler (unduped better) for bosses and minibosses.

Strange on 43?