**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unit store is ripping people off... come on kabam

Dd3457Dd3457 Posts: 9
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
When I go to buy ONE unit deal, I get a message saying I cannot connect to store and the prompt comes up and press buy. I do it once more and log into the game bought 3 unit deals.... At what point will this end

Comments

• When I go to buy ONE unit deal, I get a message saying I cannot connect to store and the prompt comes up and press buy. I do it once more and log into the game bought 3 unit deals.... At what point will this end
  • Dude I’m a developer..... I’m just confused
  • Dd3457 said:

Dude I’m a developer..... I’m just confused

I'm probably going to regret this, but if you're a developer then you should be able to determine on your own that the in-app purchase interfaces and mechanisms are platform APIs; Apple and Google implement both the client-side mechanism and the server-side purchasing. It is unlikely that a bug in MCOC could generate the result you're seeing. In fact, on the Apple side at least I believe it should be impossible, because not even a bugged client should be able to initiate multiple transactions without user verification.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Did u mean a land developer or something? Most gaming developers would know how the system works.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Contact Support.
  • Lol. U guys are hilarious lol
  • @Neotwism u know there are more than gaming developers? Lol
  • @DNA3000 I respectfully disagree with you! Lol
  • @DNA3000 I’m so disappointed in your response lol....
  • @DNA3000 what is your development experience? You sound very inexperienced or just uninformed! I’ve worked for 2/3 of big boys! Don’t go there with me, you won’t be win. So I’ll keep laughing!
  • Dd3457 said:

@DNA3000 I respectfully disagree with you! Lol

Last year an app store scammer tried to use a fitness app to essentially steal money from the people who downloaded it. They couldn't just create app store transactions, the Apple security model prevents this. Instead, the clever trick they used was to ask the user to put their finger on their touch id sensor, supposedly to unlock their fitness profile, and then at that moment trigger a subscription purchase. The Apple security model forced iOS to put up a purchase screen, but because the user had their finger on their Touch ID sensor, the purchase was instantly authorized.

If it was possible to write code to just buy something invisibly, I'm pretty sure these slimeballs would have done that instead.

Reference: https://www.welivesecurity.com/2018/12/03/scam-ios-apps-promise-fitness-steal-money-instead/
  • Dd3457 said:

@DNA3000 what is your development experience? You sound very inexperienced or just uninformed! I’ve worked for 2/3 of big boys! Don’t go there with me, you won’t be win. So I’ll keep laughing!

If you want to play resume wars with me, I'm game. But I don't think that will go the way you think it will. It's true a lot of people lie about their resume and experience on the internet, where it is difficult to verify anything. But this would not be one of those times.

The least interesting development project on my resume, if I kept my resume up to date which I don't, is I wrote an HL7 data migration system to convert a hospital from an out of date Patcom system to an HBOC enterprise system (this was a while ago, before McKesson acquired them). I also wrote the majority of a campus email administration and provisioning system. And I wrote an encrypted document repository and messaging system to be used in regulated environments. That one had to survive regulatory and security audits.

To be honest, though, while it would be difficult to authenticate my resume, it isn't hard to verify what I've said about in-app purchases. So with that knowledge in hand, any neutral observer could judge the credibility of someone dismissing it out of hand. I'm fine leaving it up to their collective judgment.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★

Contact Support.

You’re back? You were MIA for a while. Figured you quit the game or something