**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5.2.6 Iceman coldsnap [Not A Bug]

SHIELDSHIELD Posts: 90
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
During absolute zero Icemans bio states that this will cause 1350ish (can't remember exact) damage over 12 seconds.
Yet when I fight him it ticks away my health at 260. (I'm using 5* r4 WS) 12 seconds x 2 ticks per second x 260 = 6200 health. Anyone else having this issue? Maybe there is a good reason I just don't have units to waste getting back there to check out all the buffs and what not.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Is based on attack.
    Iceman on act 5 has nodes that increases his attacks, so that increases his coldsnap damage
  • SHIELDSHIELD Posts: 90
    edited August 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Is based on attack.
    Iceman on act 5 has nodes that increases his attacks, so that increases his coldsnap damage

Ok thanks. I don't remember reading anywhere that his cold snap increases based on attack but that would explain it.
    That's part of the reason I don't like the flat rate system. The bio should change based o the map to reflect damages. But if they displayed things back as percentages it would clear that up as the percent would stay the same but mathematics would at least take over.
    If the node boost is 300% attack is that directly related to cold snap as well. +300%?
    SHIELD wrote: »
    Is based on attack.

Ok thanks. I don't remember reading anywhere that his cold snap increases based on attack but that would explain it.

Abilities that does damage are based on % of the attack. After update 12.0, this was changed to flat values.
    So abilities like bleed or poison that were based on attack are still based on attack
    Is based on attack.

Abilities that does damage are based on % of the attack. After update 12.0, this was changed to flat values.
    So abilities like bleed or poison that were based on attack are still based on attack

Yeah ok. I guess I kinda answered that in my edit.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Is based on attack.

WHY?! This is probably the dumbed thing Mcoc has ever done… and the most pointless thing as well… they should have just done it for crits, synergy and regen but at least left it alone for DoT abilities
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Is based on attack.

WHY?! This is probably the dumbed thing Mcoc has ever done… and the most pointless thing as well… they should have just done it for crits, synergy and regen but at least left it alone for DoT abilities

You're late. Patch 12.0 was months ago
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Is based on attack.

Dude, u just found out? It's been ages...some champs like magik, iceman, dorm, Hyperion, vodo and others got limbo, coldsnap, degen, incinerate, poison and bleed those effects r based on ur champ current attack and can be affected with war nodes, regen used to be the same, but not anymore after patch 12.0
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Is based on attack.

I don't understand this post. It is general knowledge that these attack damages are increased based on node buffs. Its regen that's not (bc it's based off base health). Have you never fought a boss or miniboss magik or dormamu before?
    Run477 wrote: »
    Is based on attack.

I don't understand this post. It is general knowledge that these attack damages are increased based on node buffs. Its regen that's not (bc it's based off base health). Have you never fought a boss or miniboss magik or dormamu before?

Yes, but I was sure when I wrote the original post that certain content actually showed those boosts in the character bio like it does in LOL. Not sure why it doesn't in other content. VP shows that he receives 33000 health on a spec 1 in LOL so it's clear that these bio changes are possible. Why not everywhere?
    Is based on attack.

Yes, but I was sure when I wrote the original post that certain content actually showed those boosts in the character bio like it does in LOL. Not sure why it doesn't in other content. VP shows that he receives 33000 health on a spec 1 in LOL so it's clear that these bio changes are possible. Why not everywhere?

That's different. Venompool regen is not affected by his attack.
    LoL don't have nodes that increases enemy's HP
    Is based on attack.

True enough. That's what was throwing me. Thanks. On another note... isn't cold snap a MFer? Lol
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Is based on attack.

True enough. That's what was throwing me. Thanks. On another note... isn't cold snap a MFer? Lol

Well, it sucks to have to eat some guaranteed damage, and it's even worse if that guaranteed damage is boosted by nodes. The worse thing about coldsnap is that if you want to try and fight Iceman again after dying, you have to not only revive your champ, but heal your champ a few hitpoints higher than coldsnap to survive.

Pretty much why our R4 5* duped Iceman on thorns does so well in guarding his node, it sucks units and potion supply dry and gives us plenty of kills.
    It would also be nice to see champs that give certain debuffs, be immune to those debuffs.
    IE) Iceman should be immune to coldsnap. Electro should be immune to shock damage etc.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    It would also be nice to see champs that give certain debuffs, be immune to those debuffs.
    IE) Iceman should be immune to coldsnap. Electro should be immune to shock damage etc.
    Right??? Or Magik be immune to limbo! Duh!
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP. As the previous comments explained, the damage is increased when Iceman's attack is increased. I hope everyone was able to help clear this up for you. Thanks, all!
This discussion has been closed.