**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I can't get silver surfer... what do I do?

For a bit of backstory, Silver surfer is and always has been quite possibly my favorite marvel character ever. He just seemed so cool to me the fact that this one man stood up to a world eating being to save his own planet sacrificing himself. And even furthermore from there, sacrificed his freedom to save Earth itself. I literally started surfing because of him, and I don't regret it, one of the most entertaining hobby sports I could think of. When I started mcoc a few years back the first things I thought were 1. Where is the F4, and 2. Where is Surfer? 2 years later, the sentinel of the space ways trailer comes out and I'm damn hyped! I spent the entirety of 2019 making sure I had everything I would need to take him up as soon as I hopefully got him. I got a 5 star cosmic ag from Atlantean rifts, a cosmic 2-3 gem from variant, a cosmic 3-4 gem, didn't manage to get a cosmic 4-5 gem but I have the catalysts :(. Finally, his crystals dropped today. I blew 200 dollars (Singapore) and bought every offer to try to get this guy, but to no avail. I'm going to be away and have no access to wifi or technology for when his arena/3 day crystals come around, meaning I wont be able to have another chance. So, now I ask you guys; What can I do? How can I get this champion that I've been waiting for so long?

Comments

• FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    sorry for the long read
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    only way really will be to either - A) wait for him to be added to the featured 5/6* crystal pool and save your shards for then or B ) wait for him to be added to the basic pool and try for him then. No way to guarantee you will get him straight away
  • FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    ZEN said:

Why won't you blew another $500 dollars, that way you have more chances to get Silver "wet noodle" Surfer. Seriously, he's not that great. Not even a good utility champ. Just saying. I would suggest to spend your money elsewhere. Maybe, Cav crystals?

I appreciate the advice but it's less how good he is to me, more the fact that I love him from the marvel lore and the collector side of me just can't not have him. He isn't that bad from what I've seen and actually has some potential if played right.
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    edited December 2019
    Felganos said:

ZEN said:

Why won't you blew another $500 dollars, that way you have more chances to get Silver "wet noodle" Surfer. Seriously, he's not that great. Not even a good utility champ. Just saying. I would suggest to spend your money elsewhere. Maybe, Cav crystals?

I appreciate the advice but it's less how good he is to me, more the fact that I love him from the marvel lore and the collector side of me just can't not have him. He isn't that bad from what I've seen and actually has some potential if played right.
    Yea. But being so heavily advertised and special event of December. He should be better than the rest of the Fantastic 4. I guess, i expected too much out of him. For me, he's a dud. Very underwhelming champ. The only good about him is, he's the highest prestige. I think.

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Jackd1989 said:

only way really will be to either - A) wait for him to be added to the featured 5/6* crystal pool and save your shards for then or B ) wait for him to be added to the basic pool and try for him then. No way to guarantee you will get him straight away

You forgot the crystals come back in 2 sundays from tbe day of arena and 2 weeks b4 coming into basic pool
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★

Jackd1989 said:

You forgot the crystals come back in 2 sundays from tbe day of arena and 2 weeks b4 coming into basic pool
    I'd never really paid attention to that so didn't realise :# I just thought they brought random ones back for the weekend
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Felganos said:

For a bit of backstory, Silver surfer is and always has been quite possibly my favorite marvel character ever. He just seemed so cool to me the fact that this one man stood up to a world eating being to save his own planet sacrificing himself. And even furthermore from there, sacrificed his freedom to save Earth itself. I literally started surfing because of him, and I don't regret it, one of the most entertaining hobby sports I could think of. When I started mcoc a few years back the first things I thought were 1. Where is the F4, and 2. Where is Surfer? 2 years later, the sentinel of the space ways trailer comes out and I'm damn hyped! I spent the entirety of 2019 making sure I had everything I would need to take him up as soon as I hopefully got him. I got a 5 star cosmic ag from Atlantean rifts, a cosmic 2-3 gem from variant, a cosmic 3-4 gem, didn't manage to get a cosmic 4-5 gem but I have the catalysts :(. Finally, his crystals dropped today. I blew 200 dollars (Singapore) and bought every offer to try to get this guy, but to no avail. I'm going to be away and have no access to wifi or technology for when his arena/3 day crystals come around, meaning I wont be able to have another chance. So, now I ask you guys; What can I do? How can I get this champion that I've been waiting for so long?

Save 5* shards and wait until around March I think when he's in the featured 5* crystal
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    My absolute fave marvel character as well. I lucked out and got him in 5 * in the bundles yesterday. I’ve also saved units for the crystals when they come out because I want him in 4 as well. Less than 24 hours but I’ve done some heroic questing with him and he’s been good so far. Not god tier. Maybe he will be awakened ? But I had fun and once I got into a rhythm he was easily playable
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295

Best way to get him:
    1. Go hunting
    2. Catch a deer
    3. Roast it over a nice camp fire
    4. Burn a toast to RNG Gods and especially to Kabam Mike
    5. Open your crystal
    Viola you got him

You forgot empty you families bank accounts
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    If you wait for 6 more months you can get him for free :)
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    His cav crystals should come out next Thursday so you can try your luck there. Other than that he will be released 4 months after initial release and he will be in the featured 5* pool in 3 1/2 months.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Since you won't be present in the 3-day period where his Cavaliers will go live. Your best bet would be in January, the first new Champion in January, their Cavaliers will also have Silver Surfer, not as a featured champion, but he'll be there.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Save your 5* shards for the featured crystals.