**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

NC Broken Champ

I get that some people don't have issues fighting NC so kudos to you but me and countless others think he is broke.
After a spec 1 he has a 70% chance to evade. On most nodes in AW that inevitably leads to even an r4 5* death. I get that evade is a big part of NC but could it not be changed to be a little bit more fair. Say, evade at least evades far enough back that he cannot immediately counter and that he would actually need to dash forward in order to attack? Or an evade is always followed by a dash back? I've also noticed lately in AW that when trying to get him into swashbuckle mode he will drop his block for a split second (mid combo) which restarts any timer, then he'll get block back up, still mid combo.
Would it also be fair to ask that when a 2 part special like say Hyperion's spec 2 hits and dazes NC, that he isn't able to evade the rest of the special. It so frustrating to be playing well against NC and slap him with a special while he is parried only for him to come out of stun, evade the last hit of a special and then kill you before you have chance to do anything about it.

Comments

• GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    edited August 2017
    NC is a good defender, but he has his counter champs (ability reduction, prevent evade).
    -There r ways to minimize ur chance of getting ur face punched and b more rdy to react his evades.
    -u can change his mode or attk during parry depending on node and how ai behaves vs u.

The re-blocking mid combo seems to be a frame issue with the game. Since the ddos attks on server and update with champ push and spacing with attks and specials...ppl been experiencing issues. With diff hardwares ppl use, it seems itll take awhile for kabam to adjust settings for everyone.

As for two part special, afaik once hyperion hits his first hit or punch with sp1 or sp2, rest of the special is 100% followthrough. This was why hyperion was the best champion vs map6 spiderman miniboss last season.
  • SHIELDSHIELD Posts: 90
    Gabbros wrote: »
    NC is a good defender, but he has his counter champs (ability reduction, prevent evade).
    -There r ways to minimize ur chance of getting ur face punched and b more rdy to react his evades.
    -u can change his mode or attk during parry depending on node and how ai behaves vs u.

The re-blocking mid combo seems to be a frame issue with the game. Since the ddos attks on server and update with champ push and spacing with attks and specials...ppl been experiencing issues. With diff hardwares ppl use, it seems itll take awhile for kabam to adjust settings for everyone.

Why does it take a while though... they fixed the extra items glitch in a day. Why not ones that hurt the players units?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    NC isn't hard when behaving properly. The stance timer dropping randomly is not behaving properly. I also see him completely disappear leaving only his shadow on the floor for a solid second after BAMFs. Pretty hard to fight someone that you can't see charging up their heavy.

The s1 evasion sucks, but you can push him to s2 before baiting to avoid that. Make him switch stances (lots of vids on how to do this). Use evasion reduction champs, even if they are skill champs. CB and BW beat the **** out of him on immunity nodes. Don't blindly attack and chase him after evasions; tap attack, see if he evades, tap again if he doesn't or stop immediately if he does.

I do agree that evades during specials needs to stop if the first hit makes contact though. Same with evading during the heavy attack animation. That's a free shot for us and shouldn't result in NC bamfing mid air.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    He is very easy to fight in top tier alliance wars you rarely see him and when you do a death is very rare even on a boss node. If he is not on a stun immune node just parry stun him and only attack him when he is stunned since he can't evade. If he is on a stun immune node never do a full 5 hit combo do a M-L-L-L four combo and if you react quickly and play slowly his evade is more of an annoyance than challenge
    Sungj wrote: »
    He is very easy to fight in top tier alliance wars you rarely see him and when you do a death is very rare even on a boss node. If he is not on a stun immune node just parry stun him and only attack him when he is stunned since he can't evade. If he is on a stun immune node never do a full 5 hit combo do a M-L-L-L four combo and if you react quickly and play slowly his evade is more of an annoyance than challenge

I do tend to go "all out" on him so that could be my problem. I used to be able to incinerate him to death with a r4 Hyperion but I can't seem to get that timing to work anymore.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I only have an issue with his timer suddenly disappearing while doing a mid-combo on him while he is blocking. It's like you are doing your hits, he ain't evading, that timer is counting down but all of a sudden it just disappears. It's like he just unblocked for a nanosecond and then reblock just to rid off the timer. I know he does that if we are not attacking him from far away, but when attacking him and it happens? Not cool.

That's pretty much why I deal with NC on neyaphem. It's annoying, but much less risky than whacking him while blocking, only for his timer to disappear halfway or him evading and whacking you to death.
    It's tough to deal with neyaphim on immune nodes though. Doable but annoying as F.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    SHIELD wrote: »
    It's tough to deal with neyaphim on immune nodes though. Doable but annoying as F.

True, but when switching him to swashbuckling comes down to RNG rather than skill, it is a method that loses reliability. What other choice does one have other than taking him on in Neyaphem mode or bringing champions that reduce his evade chance? Not really any choice, especially on an immune node.
  • KappaluzzoKappaluzzo Posts: 42
    Shield, going all out on a stun-immune NC is the biggest mistake. Like comments above, play a slow n careful match
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    I feel like the RNG went full insane mode in immunity node. I can safely beat him in any other node, including stun immune but when immunity involve, sometimes I cant even connect the first hit and switching mode is nigh impossible
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Poor NC faces a lot of flak for being unfair but really its just a matter of understanding him. Use him as an attacker to get his dynamics and you can fight him easier. For me.NC was my first 4 star and I used him to complete act 4, my only 4 star then... And I value him more as an attacker then as a defender, to be honest.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    His mode can be changed easily with any champ, cant really find him that hard anymore, fought him multiple times in AW boss node (t3) and have soloed him multiple times,
    The only bs atm is his timer dissapearing mid combo.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I actually really like fighting with him, and wish I could start him in Swashbuckling for quests. Even awoken, takes too damn long to switch, and you will eat some block damage in the process. Or have your switch interrupted in a weird perversion of how any fight involving NC usually goes. As a defender, I find him annoying to fight due to personal bad luck with him evading while I try to switch him, and his tendency to go all twitchy while blocking, and messing up the timer.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Any evade champion, if hit with the first part of a special, should not be able to evade at random points of the special.

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Any evade champion, if hit with the first part of a special, should not be able to evade at random points of the special.

I'd also extend this to Heavy attacks.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Parry and attack, that's all there is to it.

Parry, hit twice, maybe 3 times (last hit being a medium)

Rinse and repeat.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Parry and attack, that's all there is to it.

Parry, hit twice, maybe 3 times (last hit being a medium)

Rinse and repeat.