**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus + Proxima synergy not working

I took my corvus + proxima synergy into variant 1 3.3, down the tranquility/starburst path to fight Modok. I used corvus, hit into modok until his autoblock triggered, then knocked him down with a heavy attack, saw the persistant charge pop up, but then Modok continued to activate autoblock even though I had glaive charges up and should have had true strike.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Did the true strike icon pop up? Was there any other nodes that consume buffs?
  • SWGOH_MosDefSWGOH_MosDef Posts: 145
    I don't recall if true strike icon popped up (have never noticed it or looked for it with corvus before). There is a fisticuffs globabl node, so possibly I triggered it too early while still in the fisticuffs "no buffs" time? If so, I'd still expect his true damage to be true strike after the fisticuffs timer expired, but maybe that's not the case?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Correct. If you trigger it before Fisticuffs ends, you won't get the true strike buffs since that node prevents buffs from attackers or defenders from activating for (x) amount of seconds. True Strike would come back up if you get knocked down yourself. During that time Glaive charges are deactivated and after the cool down, debuffs get purified and your charges/T.S come back up.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Pretty sure tranquility would also get rid of it as I believe it removes buffs
  • SWGOH_MosDefSWGOH_MosDef Posts: 145
    I thought that Corvus's true strike via the proxima synergy was a passive buff, not an active one, but who the heck knows?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited December 2019

I thought that Corvus's true strike via the proxima synergy was a passive buff, not an active one, but who the heck knows?

There is a difference between a passive and a buff/debuff. Corvus's true strike is a buff, whereas the true strike from someone like killmonger is a passive effect. There is no such thing as a passive buff, the 3 groups of effect are buffs(+ve), debuffs(-ve) or passives(can be both positive or negative)
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

There is a difference between a passive and a buff/debuff. Corvus's true strike is a buff, whereas the true strike from someone like killmonger is a passive effect. There is no such thing as a passive buff, the 3 groups of effect are buffs(+ve), debuffs(-ve) or passives(can be both positive or negative)
    You can identify if it is a buff/debuff or a passive effect by seeing whether there is a white border around the icon. If there is a white border it is a buff/debuff, if there is no white border it is a passive. That's how i've grown to understand the difference.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Tranquility removed it