**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If you're having trouble with Aegon in the EQ, I found some decent counters

ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
I fiddled around with Aegon in 3.1. I was determined to find some common champs that could be effective counters. I didn't want to rely on synergies either. This is what I found:

1) Rulk - since he doesn't rely on debuffs, his sp1 at 10 charges can really be good against powershield. Additionally, if your initial hit removes a Lazarus charge, the extra energy damage can remove another.

2) Masacre - every crit will actually damage Aegon since the burst energy damage isn't mitigated by powershield. He makes for a really effective counter. Just keep swinging the bat into blocks and punish heavies.

3) HT - I know he isn't exactly a common champ just yet, but with his PFA activated, it bypasses debuff immune since Nova Flame is passive. Add power sting to the mix, and he does really well.

4) MS - She was the most effective counter by far... to my surprise. Get 5 souls before you get to him. Her sp2 will almost totally take down all his health due to the nullifies and it's unblockable. Likewise, when you get into Lazarus zone, since sp1 hits so slowly, it can take all five charges off with the additional soul damage.

Hope this helps anyone struggling with him.

Comments

• ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    Rogue is a surprisingly good counter.
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Thank you. I am really struggling with this boss. Unfortunately, I don’t have any of those champs. I am trying Hyperion but he doesn’t seem to be enough for me.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I found both Namor and Venom to be great counters. With Namor, you get to imperious Rex and you can take down two or three of the charges with one special two which is really nice. And venom is great for sustainability and knocking charges off with his specials.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I used cap IW, one shot him with a combo of 82 (lost the first combo after removing 1 charge) then used S3 once all charges were gone

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

Thank you. I am really struggling with this boss. Unfortunately, I don’t have any of those champs. I am trying Hyperion but he doesn’t seem to be enough for me.

morningstar 4* would be more then enough if u have. but either intercept or have 4 souls

• AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    Havok 💪
  • monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    i found hyperion pretty useful for that fight. sp1 has a lot of hits, that'll help increase your combo, then use sp3 or sp2 for damage
  • YuhoeYuhoe Posts: 25
    I used Corvus where his hits and SP2 took out a huge portion of Aegon’s health. After that, just play normally to remove the charges. Play save and block if needed and bait out specials and heavies.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    I found pressuring with 4 hit blocks helps a lot.
  • Captdeadp00lCaptdeadp00l Posts: 186
    Went in with guillotine 2099 when his health was low. Make sure you finished a previous fight with an L3. You will start the fight with 100 hits in the combo..... no health recharges for aegon. One L1 should be enough to take him down
  • MINIWARLORDMINIWARLORD Posts: 62
    I used Aegon and didn’t have any trouble. With ~150 persistent charges he was critting hard on his L2. Once I got him to 10% I spammed L1s until he went down.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    Yuhoe said:

I used Corvus where his hits and SP2 took out a huge portion of Aegon’s health. After that, just play normally to remove the charges. Play save and block if needed and bait out specials and heavies.

Same.

First L2 took down bulk of his health, then went through the cooldown to build his combo further - made easy by the power gain meaning a single combo usually got him to another special which were easy to evade. Once his combo built high enough another crit-charged L2 finished it off.