**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Silver Surfer-Champion Review

XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
Champion: Silver Surfer
Class: Cosmic

Overall Stats: Health: Good
Damage: Not the best
https://auntm.ai/champions/silversurfer/

Artwork: He looks very comic book accurate. He is all silver, and his board is very accurate.

Animations: Although he doesnt hit the hardest, his animations are sick and very smooth. His six hit combo spin is cool. He sp1 is flashy, he sp2 feels powerful, and his sp3 is really awesome.

Favorite Special: Hard choice, but my favorite has to be sp3. It is very cool and looks very dangerous. I mean, he blows up the sun. Should be an instant KO unless your Sentry, Pheonix, Captain Marvel (MCU), Etc.

Abilities and Powers: Doesn't take damage to Coldsnap, Incinerate, and Shock. Counts as Unique buffs
Power Cosmic Buff: Easy and fun way to get buffs, but heavily relies on Sp1s
Power Rate is good
Fury needs to be larger
Armor Up is fine
Heavy Attack: This should really last longer than 1.1 seconds. If it was longer, he would have better utility and could counter some champs, such as Mysterio or Hood.
Aptitude is nice
Energy Damage Burst is pretty good.
Sig Ability: Pretty good

Synergies: Mind Travels through Space-A nice thing to have, but not needed
Helps Mysterio alot
Secret Defenders-Again, not needed
This synergy doesnt really help any one

Boss Fight: This was challening to some people and easy to others. Once you understand the fight, it is pretty easy.

Performance: Fights are long and can be confusing for some players. Get all 6 buffs by spaming sp1. Then get to sp3. Then spam sp2. That is how you get maxium damage.
Lets do some math. Whenever you launch a special, you would take 5% recoil damage if you had suicides on. You need 6 sp1's to get all buffs. Thats 30% health. Then add up sp3 (do you take recoil from these) and then all the sp2s you need. It adds up really quick.
But even after all of that, his damage is still underwhelming. Lots of work and not a very good reward.

Strengths: He relies on his sp1 to get buffs. Luckiliy, he keeps his distance, keeping him safe if he misses the attack.
Weaknesses: Relies on specials and buffs to get maxium performance. Mystic champions will easily shut him down.

Suicide Friendly: No. Not at all.
Recoil will kill him fast.
He relies on specials too much for Suicides to work.

Rating: Attack: 6/10 (Domino 10/10 Groot 0/10)
Defense: 4/10 (Thing 10/10 Black Bolt 0/10)
Overall: 5/10 or 6/10

Disappointed. Underwhelming, Overhyped.

What do you like about ? Dislike? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading and commenting. Your opinions are read and respected.
Want me to add anything? Let me know.
-XxLoganTDCxX

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Something tells me you don’t fully understand his abilities. How would increasing his phase buff timer from heavy help counter Mysterio and Hood. His heavy makes others miss, it doesn’t prevent him from missing.

Also his L1 gives 2 stacks of his rotating buff, not 1, so only would need 3 L1s, not 6.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Kabam, what did you do to him? You literally butchered Silver Surfer that supposed to be very powerful. We waited a year for him and you are handing him to us like this? He flies through space to help Devourer destroying planets after planets and you are calling him weak?
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    As silver surfer is now, what champion tier do you place 🍋 🏄 in?
    Class C pretty useful tier
    Class B = low Demi-god tier
    Class A = high Demi-god tier
    Class S = god tier
    Class SS = beyond God tier

Maybe class B or Class C.. niche champion that doesn’t excel in most content.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Guys, MrTrucos followed me in game to tell me that he likes my champion reviews! Ill add a photo later if I can
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★
    Interested to where @Seatin will place surfer in his tier list. I would imagine he will will place him on the lower end and do so with an extremely heavy heart.
  • HalasterHalaster Posts: 27
    His defense buff is pretty strong, I'd give him a 9/10 in defense, just saying...

Interested to where @Seatin will place surfer in his tier list. I would imagine he will will place him on the lower end and do so with an extremely heavy heart.

Probably Low-Demi God tier at the highest
    Halaster said:

His defense buff is pretty strong, I'd give him a 9/10 in defense, just saying...

2000 Armor is a lot, but that wont necessarily help him on defense. Many champs have armor break or can just easily bypass the armor. The only really hard thing to deal with is the sp1, and with practice, you can evade it. His sp2 is a bit scary, but it is pretty easy as well.
  • Do you play with the champs that you review, or are your comments based off of others experiences?

Do you play with the champs that you review, or are your comments based off of others experiences?

I usually don't get the champ to review it, since I have school and don't have time to grind arena or have enough money to buy crystals.

I use Auntm.ai, YouTube videos (Seatin, Lagacy, RichTheMan), gather info from the forum as well as opinions.
    edited December 2019

Do you play with the champs that you review, or are your comments based off of others experiences?

I usually don't get the champ to review it, since I have school and don't have time to grind arena or have enough money to buy crystals.

I use Auntm.ai, YouTube videos (Seatin, Lagacy, RichTheMan), gather info from the forum as well as opinions.
    Don't get me wrong, but isn't your judgement quite flawed then...? I mean, a 5-6/10 is quite bad in my eyes, especially for a champ with so much utility and quite okay damage.

Also, the point about him not being suicide friendly bugs me. Many awesome champs are not suicide friendly at all and many endgame players don't run suicides. If anything it's a pro if a champ is suicide friendly, but in my eyes it's illogical to take being suicide unfriendly as a con.

Most of the opinions so far are at least to some degree driven by disappointment based on too high expectations. So far I haven't seen someone sitting down and trying to find a use for him and then judge him on that basis, not on what they wished for.
    Ok
    Its an opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
    Disagree? Give me a disagree on the post.

Its an opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
    Disagree? Give me a disagree on the post.

Phew okay. I didn't mean to offend you. I like reviews, I like your structure.

I simply don't think it's fair or reasonable to even have an opinion, like being disappointed for example, without practical experience and testing.

Sorry for the criticism.
    You didn't offend me at all

Your opinions are read and respected.

• iRanjaniRanjan Posts: 64
    If not for any drastic, huge changes hope Kabam at least buffs his SP3 damage. The damage is not at all on par with the 'exploding sun' graphic!

I really wonder what thought went into it. Such an iconic character and Kabam totally messed it up!
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    iRanjan said:

If not for any drastic, huge changes hope Kabam at least buffs his SP3 damage. The damage is not at all on par with the 'exploding sun' graphic!

I really wonder what thought went into it. Such an iconic character and Kabam totally messed it up!

I think the answer to that is pretty simple. Iconic characters have players wanting them already, while non iconic ones (Longshot for example) need superior ability in order to get people wanting them.

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    had gotten him from his featured 1 crystal that too, felt super lucky , and then looking at videos i didnt find him good at all so didnt rank him up, now for some prestige i thought i'll have to so took him to just rank 4! and i was right!!
    no his animations r not smooth for the playstyle required , most of the time sp1 doesnt connect cause you r either trying to refresh buffs or trying to get fury or armor!
    his sp2 sometimes doesnt connect from combo n opponent goes in blocking, sp3 has barely ok damage ! comparing him to hyperion or corvus or cmm would b a huge insult to them! except for super Niche matchups where u need "immunity" he might work ,other then that only a prestige piece well atleast a step up from thor rag! cause thor rag is super worst compared to him.
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    He has good damage, it’s just people wanted him to be top 3 in the game because of his comic book abilities. He hits harder than 80% of champs in game, it just takes a bit to get there. He is not the best but light years away from the worst. If I pulled him as a five or six star I would be happy not just for prestige but also for damage. He also can counter miss with sp1, slaughters freezer burn paths, counters most emp mod fights except for sinister 6.2 because of poison, and good for prove your self because of six hit combo.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I pulled a 5* moments after reading this thread and have been pleasantly surprised so far. He’s barely ranked but I’ve liked what I’ve seen out of him. That may just be the low expectations lol, but I watched @Seatin take his 5/65 through Act 6 and it seemed pretty solid to me.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    I have unduped 5* Silver Surfer and he isn’t a wet noodle as we were lead to believe, he is frostbite, incinerate, and shock immune.. or as they say added as buff, I generally don’t follow the right way to ramp up his potential.. and just play him the way I feel like.. he is not the best attacker but far from the weakest one. We were all expecting him to be beyond god tier just because he is herald of Galactus.. I would place Silver Surfer in high Demi-god..
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Favorite Special: Hard choice, but my favorite has to be sp3. It is very cool and looks very dangerous. I mean, he blows up the sun. Should be an instant KO unless your Sentry, Pheonix, Captain Marvel (MCU), Etc.
    Pretty sure Captain Marvel isn't immune to the sun

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

A tune up/value update would be nice for him

Word to the wise and a forum rule - don’t revive 3 year-old (or any old) threads.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,120 ★★★★
    BRO STOP
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Im imagining that his computer from 2020 just turned back on and he had all of these threads already open