**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Question

Can someone tell me how it's possible to have a 2950 war rating but finish in Bronze 3 last season? I'm in a P2-P3 alliance, tier 2-3. We just fought an alliance that was MASTER rank #5 two seasons ago, last season Bronze 3 but still maintained a 2950 war rating. How is this possible? I can't figure it out. Is this the new way to shell in AW?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Can someone tell me how it's possible to have a 2950 war rating but finish in Bronze 3 last season? I'm in a P2-P3 alliance, tier 2-3. We just fought an alliance that was MASTER rank #5 two seasons ago, last season Bronze 3 but still maintained a 2950 war rating. How is this possible? I can't figure it out. Is this the new way to shell in AW?

yes, rating is what determines your multiplier, but not your actual points itself. If you have a super high rating and only fight in one fight the entire season your rating will not drop but you will not have many points for the season rewards. this would do nothing for shelling though that I could see.
  • KinderhookKinderhook Posts: 8
    Ok I think I get it. So they finish master, lets call it 3400 war rating in season 1. Season 2 they just lose to get down to 2950 then don't enter anymore wars. Season 2 they drop all the way to Bronze 3, rewards suck. But now in season 3 they still have a 2950 war rating so they can get easy matchups on the way to Master again. Got it.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Ok I think I get it. So they finish master, lets call it 3400 war rating in season 1. Season 2 they just lose to get down to 2950 then don't enter anymore wars. Season 2 they drop all the way to Bronze 3, rewards suck. But now in season 3 they still have a 2950 war rating so they can get easy matchups on the way to Master again. Got it.

their matchups would still be based on their rating. When a new war season starts the rating is all that caries over.