**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Potions or revives on the maps.

2»

Comments

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Im curious what kabam miike finds out about this. This just proves it's not always bad RNG. Sometimes things are just off.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Heroic and UC completed. Not ONE potion or revive. I know that they have been reduced gradually over the years but... ZERO in two difficulties? Yeah. Something is off.

Not that anyone but Mods can see this post...
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,032 ★★★★★
    Well that make legden run go faster because it take a tiny bit to run over it
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Las month was normal. This month, I have 100% UC and one run on master and not a single health potion or revive.
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    Unofficial response: “You all asked for less energy maps, right? Well, we had to remove some nodes for this to happen, so we removed the spawn nodes.” Instead of spending units on energy, now you have to spend units on potions. Makes Kabam sense to me.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    edited December 2019

Hey all, we're gonna look into this, but it won't be until tomorrow morning. I'll let you all know when I hear back from the team.

Can we get an update please?
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    We need 100 revives. LOL
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 344 ★★★
    Does anyone else get the feeling they were just ‘trying it on’ to see if anyone would notice. Smacks of shadiness if u ask me.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Items are back in the map. I do think this was unintentional. But I thought this episode showed that the spawns are parameterised on the server side. As opposed to needing a client side update. So the map spawn points were there, but some joker in the dev team set the spawn rate to zero. And I won’t be surprised if there are differing spawn rates for ISOs, pots and revives. And entirely possible for the dev team to occasionally turn off the revive spawn rate.
  • ezgoing said:

But I thought this episode showed that the spawns are parameterised on the server side.

It's been known for a while that the maps themselves are stored on the client but the contents within the map paths are generated on the server and loaded into the client dynamically. When they toned down Ice Phoenix way back when, for example, they essentially replaced the Ice Phoenix on the map with a weaker one, which happened on the fly without a client update. But when maps have had incorrect paths or things like that, they've been unable to correct that sort of thing without a client update. So that suggests maps are static in the client, and spawns are dynamic and loaded into the client at run time.

I should say, spawn logic is probably loaded into the clients dynamically, but clients probably handle the randomization of random spawns. I doubt they would do that server-side.
  • AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★
    edited December 2019

It's a day after the post was made but it seems to be random. This shows the other end of the spectrum
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    agree with you. Maybe my terms aren’t the most accurate. I guess what I am essentially trying to say is that it’s not that kabam forgot to code the spawn points in the map. It is that they set the points to zero spawn rate somehow. Which means kabam has the ability to control the spawn rate anytime and this fuels the conspiracist theorists that kabam has a finer control of u having even a chance of getting that L1 revive when they feel like it.
    DNA3000 said:

I should say, spawn logic is probably loaded into the clients dynamically, but clients probably handle the randomization of random spawns. I doubt they would do that server-side.

• ezgoing said:

agree with you. Maybe my terms aren’t the most accurate. I guess what I am essentially trying to say is that it’s not that kabam forgot to code the spawn points in the map. It is that they set the points to zero spawn rate somehow. Which means kabam has the ability to control the spawn rate anytime and this fuels the conspiracist theorists that kabam has a finer control of u having even a chance of getting that L1 revive when they feel like it.

I don't think conspiracy theories need actual fuel, but for the non-conspiracy minded this isn't as easy as flipping a switch, because as far as I'm aware Kabam almost certainly operates MCOC much like most online games are operated. Which is to say, there is a dev group and there's an operations group and they are kept separate. Developers are not generally allowed to just log into the live servers and change things. There are industry standard reasons why this is the case, and involve everything from simply protecting the live systems from casual breakages to preventing developers from manipulating the game for their friends (keeping operations separate from development means the people who know how to monkey with things have no access, and the people with access don't know how to money with things).

It is almost certainly the case that "flipping the switch" for something like this involves the developers figuring out where the mistake happened, creating a patch package that flips the switch correctly, sending that to operations, and getting operations to push the patch live. Something along those lines. Anything else would probably require an act of god.

Plus, in the grand scheme of things if Kabam decided they didn't want us to have free potions any more, there's no real difference between turning them off directly on the live servers and just designing next month's content to not have them deliberately. One month plus or minus doesn't mean anything to a game like this. Decisions like that happen on time scales of months and years, not hours and days.
  • J33PTHINGJ33PTHING Posts: 29

Found one!
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★

Hey all,

We have confirmed that there was a mistake made on this Map, and there were no Items spawning. We're fixing this right now for the Maps.

We'll be able to look into any potential Compensation early next week.

Please don't forget to keep us updated on your compensation talks.
  • Hey everybody,

We have a compensation package going out to Summoners who were affected by this in the next little while.

Thank you all for your patience!
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Miike...
    😀
    Although how about a permanent (or at least temporary) increase in INVENTORY LIMITS ??

All the previous month mishaps Compensation, in addition to Halls of Heroes Potion Rewards that will be earned this month, and now missing drop node compensation. Stash is overflowing. The previous Transmutations at least helped push out some expiration’s, but those are all coming due in Stash shortly too.

Maybe do temporary Limit Increase for Basic Sig Stones too (from Cyber Monday deals) for everyone who bought too many of them (even though they were told they were gonna be “single” +1 Sigs.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★

Hey everybody,

We have a compensation package going out to Summoners who were affected by this in the next little while.

Thank you all for your patience!

This makes it sound like not everyone is receiving a compensation package. I would hope the only exclusions would be anyone that didn’t enter the EQ before it was fixed.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    for the first time in 4 years i have 25 lvl5 potions