**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Silver Surfer not a bleed immune. Why?

Comments

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    At the end of the day the Silver Surfer fan base isn't happy with his release. Hes mostly considered by owners an average champ with high prestige. With customers spending money to obtain champs they should be allowed to voice their displeasure. Kabam can make champs how they want but I dont understand why they tend to ignore their fan base. I wish Kabam would use the content creators program to tweak champs before release instead of just showcasing pre-released champs. I've been looking forward to SS and was looking to spend 2k or more to get him in crystals but now I'll try my luck at arena instead.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Looks like Silver Surfer can bleed. Case closed.

So can Luke Cage - case reopened :p
    Read both of their abilities. It's not really that hard.
    Silver Surfer has no bleed immunity ability. Luke Cage has a bleed immunity ability.
    Read this thread in context - that's even easier.

My post was in reference to Demonzfyre illustrating that in comics Silver Surfer can bleed (a very rare occasion), and implying that it fits he can also bleed in game and has zero bleed immunity (vs even say 90% like omega red).

Luke Cage also bleeds only rarely in comics, yet in game he is completely 100% bleed immune.

I'll leave you to figure out the rest.

edit: As stated in my previous post - it's kabam's game and they can do what they want. That doesn't mean people can't point out the inconsistencies and flawed logic involved. IMO given how low impact SS actually is in current game meta giving him bleed immunity wouldn't offset much.

The game versions don't represent their comic book counter parts. They can't except in a handful of people. Silver Surfer can create black holes and pock dimensions but yet he doesn't have those abilities in game. MCOC is separate from the comics plain and simple. Sentry and Silver Surfer technically shouldn't be able to be beat by anyone in this game yet here we are knocking them out left and right. The game has to have limitations and needs to take liberties to make it work. On top of that, Marvel signs off on the game characters as well.
    This point you made (black holes in game :D ) has nothing to do with in-game immunity attributes which is a base characteristic for every character - they either have or don't have a given immunity and most in-game character's immunity attributes match their comic book counterparts abilities.
    Im referencing their overall attributes, not just their immunities. If they made Silver Surfer true to comic form, all he'd have to do is create a black hole and take of the attacker.

They try and stay true when they can but not every champ will be just like they are in comic book cannon. MCOC is a separate universe altogether with its own rules.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★

That's a good question and all but here's a better one, According to the game, and the design the developers choose for him themselves he can go back and forth to the heart of a burning star but can still be incinerated? Yeah okay lol

You are considering a star and fire/burning to be the same? Well thats he issue with that argument
  • I'm pretty sure they take blood from him in one of the F4 movies. He bleeds.

We don't talk of such movies here...
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

I'm pretty sure they take blood from him in one of the F4 movies. He bleeds.

the movies sucks
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    When you think of it there is no reason BWCV is immune to anything (I know magic but still) or that OR is immune to all poison or takes less damage from bleeding. Warlock can be frozen I'm sure but not in game. But there has to be balance. Otherwise Squirrel Girl would just one shot everyone. We just need to roll with it.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

When you think of it there is no reason BWCV is immune to anything (I know magic but still) or that OR is immune to all poison or takes less damage from bleeding. Warlock can be frozen I'm sure but not in game. But there has to be balance. Otherwise Squirrel Girl would just one shot everyone. We just need to roll with it.

That Squirrel Girl point is important! I hope people are paying attention.
  • Lovejoy72 said:

That Squirrel Girl point is important! I hope people are paying attention.
    You know they aren't
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Guess this isn’t a good time for the “Do you bleed?” Batman quote?

Aight then.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    These posts are getting old, real fast. Even if kabam gives you their reasoning behind why a champ is or isn't immune to certain effects, what does it matter?? So you can then complain about their reasoning? It's not going to change anything in the game. He has his immunities to coldsnap, incinerate and shock (he takes 0 damage from them) and that's the way it is. Those immunities will actually come in pretty handy, I would imagine.
    I know we are all trying to grasp the best possible presentation of champs. But MCOC isn’t canon. If it were, there wouldn’t be an Aegon, or a Civil Warrior. If it were canon, Surfer wouldn’t be trying to figure out he got aced by someone’s Hood. And the AQ thanos wouldn’t be trying to figure out how he got whipped by Blade. Cause they both pretty much suck in the comics. And Thanos and Surfer don’t. But they both kinda suck here (at least the playable kinds). Frankly, most of the REALLY powerful characters from the comics either suck here (Phoenix, Dorm), or don’t reach the top tier (Mephisto). And street level guys (blade, ghost, quake) rule. Can anyone imagine one of (the many) comic book Ghosts beating Dormammu? Or the Phoenix Force?

If they ever bring in Molecule Man, I presume he will have no immunities, and will have poor block proficiency and crit rate. But the Fabulous Frogman will be OP. Which is fine with me! (I’m calling 80 million cutoff for the Frogman).
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Silver surfer does bleed a needle punctures his skin
  • Lovejoy72 said:

I know we are all trying to grasp the best possible presentation of champs. But MCOC isn’t canon. If it were, there wouldn’t be an Aegon, or a Civil Warrior. If it were canon, Surfer wouldn’t be trying to figure out he got aced by someone’s Hood. And the AQ thanos wouldn’t be trying to figure out how he got whipped by Blade. Cause they both pretty much suck in the comics. And Thanos and Surfer don’t. But they both kinda suck here (at least the playable kinds). Frankly, most of the REALLY powerful characters from the comics either suck here (Phoenix, Dorm), or don’t reach the top tier (Mephisto). And street level guys (blade, ghost, quake) rule. Can anyone imagine one of (the many) comic book Ghosts beating Dormammu? Or the Phoenix Force?

You probably meant this, but just to be explicit MCOC is Marvel canon. It is just canon for the Battlerealm universe, which is as different from the 616 universe as is the Ultimates universe, say. And in the MCOC universe just about everyone is imbued with ISO-8, the life force of a Celestial. It is very much like everyone being empowered by the Power Cosmic, which is why the MCOC versions of characters like Electra and Punisher can take on beings like the MCOC versions of Ghost Rider and Void.

And that’s probably the rationale for Silver Surfer not being bleed immune. What makes him bleed immune in the normal 616 universe is his indestructible skin which is powered by the power cosmic,and it isn’t every day he is facing attackers wielding the power cosmic. But I can imagine that if, say, Sabretooth became a herald of Galactus he could probably make Silver Surfer bleed. In the MCOC universe, everyone is enhanced by ISO-8, which has similar effects when it comes to combat. On Battlerealm it is kind of like every champion is facing a similar powered Herald of Galactus version of everyone else, at least in broad terms.

I recall there was a comic where it was stated that the power cosmic alters the aura of everyone empowered by it in a unique way, which is why everyone gets different powers from it. ISO-8 probably works in a similar way, which is why Luke Cage gets bleed immune but Surfer does not. Remember that ISO-8 isn’t making Luke Cage bleed immune, Luke Cage is already bleed immune as is Silver Surfer. ISO-8 is making Luke Cage specifically bleed immune against ISO-8 empowered attackers, and in the case of the Silver Surfer it isn’t. That’s just a peculiarity of Battlerealm. A canonical peculiarity.
    DNA3000 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

You probably meant this, but just to be explicit MCOC is Marvel canon. It is just canon for the Battlerealm universe, which is as different from the 616 universe as is the Ultimates universe, say. And in the MCOC universe just about everyone is imbued with ISO-8, the life force of a Celestial. It is very much like everyone being empowered by the Power Cosmic, which is why the MCOC versions of characters like Electra and Punisher can take on beings like the MCOC versions of Ghost Rider and Void.

And that’s probably the rationale for Silver Surfer not being bleed immune. What makes him bleed immune in the normal 616 universe is his indestructible skin which is powered by the power cosmic,and it isn’t every day he is facing attackers wielding the power cosmic. But I can imagine that if, say, Sabretooth became a herald of Galactus he could probably make Silver Surfer bleed. In the MCOC universe, everyone is enhanced by ISO-8, which has similar effects when it comes to combat. On Battlerealm it is kind of like every champion is facing a similar powered Herald of Galactus version of everyone else, at least in broad terms.

I recall there was a comic where it was stated that the power cosmic alters the aura of everyone empowered by it in a unique way, which is why everyone gets different powers from it. ISO-8 probably works in a similar way, which is why Luke Cage gets bleed immune but Surfer does not. Remember that ISO-8 isn’t making Luke Cage bleed immune, Luke Cage is already bleed immune as is Silver Surfer. ISO-8 is making Luke Cage specifically bleed immune against ISO-8 empowered attackers, and in the case of the Silver Surfer it isn’t. That’s just a peculiarity of Battlerealm. A canonical peculiarity.
    That’s a completely fair point, and great clarification. I suppose I was referring to the 616 universe, though oddly this game draws readily from MCU, movies outside of MCU, the comics, and even unclear elements like the era of Timely comics. So I think I was discriminating between the canon of every universe of origin vs the Battlerrealm.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Belfigor2 said:

NCB_pt said:

Hulk og can't regen either in this game.... In comics he have best regen

not really, hulk becomes stronger the angrier he gets and that also increase his skin and healing faster, if very angry he pretty much will regen as fast as deadpool and madcap, but at that stage he would not need it as his skin would be impenetrable when that angry :o
    So why the "not really" part? Just if you want to say there are others that regen as good as him, in that case I agree.

Just an example:
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Time to bring this back up.

Surfer has higher durability level than Luke Cage and the same as Terrax based on the Marvel Website yet only 2 of them are bleed immune, which leaves out Surfer. Hell Surfer even has equivalent armor rating in the game to imiw and still takes full bleed damage while this human in a suit gets by safe.

He doesn't have to be bleed immune but why can't this metallic skinned alien at least have resistance to bleed so it can be further enhanced with the coagulate mastery? Why can't he be decent with suicides? It'd be nice too if he could use the power cosmic to reform cells with a small amount if regeneration for each time he phases.

Reference said:

That’s Dec 2019 post Bro.

Better than creating an entirely new post. At least I used the search bar.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Not every champion can have every abilily. He was designed to have some, not others.
    There is no real reason for any champion to have a specific ability, unless the developers want it to have. Comics lore and even movies serve as inspiration, but arr mainly irrelevant to it

Not every champion can have every abilily. He was designed to have some, not others.
    There is no real reason for any champion to have a specific ability, unless the developers want it to have. Comics lore and even movies serve as inspiration, but arr mainly irrelevant to it

Okay and??? I'm simply asking for improvements to the champ
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Simple answer. This is not the same Universe as any other Marvel Universe within the Multiverse. Other universes rules do not apply here.

MCOC is based in the Earth-TRN517 universe.
    ItsDamien said:

Simple answer. This is not the same Universe as any other Marvel Universe within the Multiverse. Other universes rules do not apply here.

Doesn't change the fact he could use a buff. Kabam gave Colossus Incinerate and Coldsnap immunity so don't know why you guys keep bringing that up. That made him a lot more viable.

He needs something to be more suicide friendly because his damage is meh without them. Bleed resistance or a heal could help. His damage is still pretty average with suicides l 9k mediums and 50k sp2s so he could honestly use potency buffs.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Doesn't change the fact he could use a buff. Kabam gave Colossus Incinerate and Coldsnap immunity so don't know why you guys keep bringing that up. That made him a lot more viable.

He needs something to be more suicide friendly because his damage is meh without them. Bleed resistance or a heal could help. His damage is still pretty average with suicides l 9k mediums and 50k sp2s so he could honestly use potency buffs.
    Buffing is a separate issue to why this topic was made. The topic asked why he wasn't bleed immune. I answered with an explanation. If you think he needs a buff, there's a whole section dedicated to suggestions.
    _ASDF_ said:

Savage said:

Reference said:

That’s Dec 2019 post Bro.

Better than creating an entirely new post. At least I used the search bar.
    Your a year behind on the debate. Do you really think you’ve got a chance at convincing kabam to do a rework just for a bleed immunity that isn’t logical?
    Year behind? Surfer came out 6 months ago. I'm pretty sure they've gathered enough data to see that he has little use in endgame content.