**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is the general assessment of OG Thor around here?

I’m curious to see if I should replace my 3 Star Rank 4 OG Thor with another Cosmic Hero. I know that 3-Stars aren’t the strongest, but my bread and butter for MCOC right now is creating many strong 3-Star teams. Perhaps I’ll start diving into the higher star characters at some point, but that day has not come yet. Now to the topic at hand.

I really like OG Thor with his high health and high damage along with his special abilities that have a high percentage to stun. To add to that, there’s his awakened passive in which he places a big armor break Debuff for a period of time when he stuns an opponent, and when he is stunned, he gets some fury.

I more often than not stick to using the special one attack as that attack has the ability to ignore armor with a nice 70% Stun Chance which really feeds into Thor’s awakened ability

The guy is probably one of my strongest champions and I just love the mix of tank and offensive power set on OG Thor. And I also got a fully ranked up 3-Star Awakened Loki whose synergy with Thor grants a nice little 5% Health Bonus for your team.

Even with my praise of Thor, one critique I have of him is that his abilities are rather simplistic even if those abilities get the job done.

And I am possibly entertaining the idea of upgrading my 3-Star movie Captain Marvel and wondering if would she be a good replacement for OG Thor?

Comments

• Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Upgrade your Captain Marvel.
  • Options
    Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    Yeah Capt marvel is more highly recommended by many.
    But boy I sure love my 4* 3/30 sig20 OG Thor.
    I'm planning on taking Capt movie to rank 4 to team up with Nick but I'll definitely take Thor up someday as well.
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I like Thor, he did a lot for me back in the day, but playing sparkles is like playing a different game . When used right she is really effective and tons of fun to play.
  • Options
    chaos_bruhchaos_bruh Posts: 181
    i love mt thor og he is maxed out 4* sigg 99 he is a killer absolute beast for me i still use i have many 5* rank 4 but still i use him his damage is just absolutely awesome
  • Options
    GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    Thor is cool and was my first maxed 4* champ. CMM is cool too. In either case, 3* champs will in your rear-view mirror within a couple weeks, so don't stress too much about the decision. No single rankup decision will set you back too far until you are looking to Rank 5 a 4* champ, due to the T4CC involved.
  • Options
    Would it be worth using an ag on my 5* Thor og?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Would it be worth using an ag on my 5* Thor og?

No
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    He’s fun but mostly nostalgic. He absolutely needs a max sig or very close to it to get some big numbers. I would say he’s very useful if you don’t have any other armor break champs, otherwise he’s mostly just for fun and nostalgia to run around EQ with.