**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade or Domino?

Which of these champions would you rank 5 in 5 star?
Domino or Blade.

Comments

• MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    Domino
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Domino
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    Domino

I keep my blade at r4, he still does well. But domino is so much better
  • Sweetleaf88666Sweetleaf88666 Posts: 111
    Domino, easily
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    @Longshot_33 I don’t want to tell you something you won’t want to hear but Blade doesn’t really qualify for the top 5 champs in today’s meta, especially with the existence of champs who have high regen potential AND can cover more late-game matchups with greater utility (i.e., OR, BWCV), as well as champs who don’t really rely on health to begin with (Quake, Ghost).

Think @Seraphion covered pretty much everything else tbh - OP you should definitely rank Domino over Blade any day.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’d take domino first, she can clear more content, assuming you can run her with her two buddies.

Blade at r4 is still fine because of his regen, he’s sustainable either way, just longer fights at r4. Domino gains sustainability by going r5.
    @jkcjmiji With suicides OR is a clear tier above Blade in both damage output and sheer utility. Even without suicides, I’d feel much more inclined to take OR into late-game content and unknown AW matchups on the basis of his utility and immunities. BWCV is another arsenal of immunities and utility, though not on the same level as OR.

Imho, Blade was a game-changing champ when he first dropped, but his uses are gradually fading in the growing meta. There are usually two groups of people - those who recognise this, accept it and move on, and those who continue to shoehorn Blade into whatever content they can and hold onto the belief that he’s still a top tier champion. Maybe a bit of grey area in between those two, I don’t want to paint it so black and white.

Don’t get me wrong, Blade is a great option in the right matchup, but I don’t see him anywhere near the top at all. Fantastic on-command regen can only get you so far when most late-game matchups will kill you within a single combo without giving you any chance to regen in the first place.

But that’s just my honest opinion, as you said you’re also free to believe whatever you wish. I’d like to think I’m less biased as I started playing after the initial Blade hype, but then again I could be wrong.
  • jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283

@jkcjmiji With suicides OR is a clear tier above Blade in both damage output and sheer utility. Even without suicides, I’d feel much more inclined to take OR into late-game content and unknown AW matchups on the basis of his utility and immunities. BWCV is another arsenal of immunities and utility, though not on the same level as OR.

Imho, Blade was a game-changing champ when he first dropped, but his uses are gradually fading in the growing meta. There are usually two groups of people - those who recognise this, accept it and move on, and those who continue to shoehorn Blade into whatever content they can and hold onto the belief that he’s still a top tier champion. Maybe a bit of grey area in between those two, I don’t want to paint it so black and white.

Don’t get me wrong, Blade is a great option in the right matchup, but I don’t see him anywhere near the top at all. Fantastic on-command regen can only get you so far when most late-game matchups will kill you within a single combo without giving you any chance to regen in the first place.

But that’s just my honest opinion, as you said you’re also free to believe whatever you wish. I’d like to think I’m less biased as I started playing after the initial Blade hype, but then again I could be wrong.

Well now, you are contradicting yourself when you wrote an 'essay' about how i maybe wrong and living in the past (need to move on and accept that blade is now inferior).

I never said you were wrong. I don't know why you got so offended. If you don't wanna bring blade to endgame content, that's up to you. I know that blade has his limits. For example, I would never use blade without his synergy (GR mostly) but I would still use Domino without her synergy (Rulk, Massacre) and like you mentioned there are fights where I would prefer to bring blade over anyone even in Act 6 and Variants difficulty. Am I always right?? Probably not, but what i'm trying to say is that blade is just absolutely the best for some fights (Danger sense triggered fights) that you will want to bring him to save you some pots. I am saying this after playing many champs. You don't have to agree with me but hey, you do you and I'll do me right? you can stick with your boy OR I'll be happy with my Blade, Domino, Hype (my R5s).
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Domino
    Blade is overrated. Great, but overrated.
    jkcjmiji said:

Well now, you are contradicting yourself when you wrote an 'essay' about how i maybe wrong and living in the past (need to move on and accept that blade is now inferior).

I never said you were wrong. I don't know why you got so offended. If you don't wanna bring blade to endgame content, that's up to you. I know that blade has his limits. For example, I would never use blade without his synergy (GR mostly) but I would still use Domino without her synergy (Rulk, Massacre) and like you mentioned there are fights where I would prefer to bring blade over anyone even in Act 6 and Variants difficulty. Am I always right?? Probably not, but what i'm trying to say is that blade is just absolutely the best for some fights (Danger sense triggered fights) that you will want to bring him to save you some pots. I am saying this after playing many champs. You don't have to agree with me but hey, you do you and I'll do me right? you can stick with your boy OR I'll be happy with my Blade, Domino, Hype (my R5s).
    Not offended, there’s nothing in my ‘essay’ that indicates I am. I just like to lay out my thoughts and sometimes it gets lengthier than planned, especially when it’s a slow work day.

I also never claimed that you said I was wrong, I was just conveying my honest opinion, as indicated when I prefaced my ‘essay’ with ‘imho’. I also fail to see the contradiction you mentioned, maybe you could point it out to me a bit more clearly?

In regards to your last comment - sure thing, I’m more than happy to agree to disagree. 👍
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    I awakened my 4 star blade and I regret it because I also have an Omega Red and Blade doesn't help me that much. I however also have a Domino 4 star which I rank 5'd yesterday and she's a beast coupled with being fun to play!
  • I love my 5* R5/65 Domino. I chose her over my 5* Blade. 0 regrets. Yes, I do still enjoy using Blade, but he's not nearly as useful IMO as Domino. What Blade does, he does VERY WELL. What he doesn't do well, Domino does. They both are great champs. They both get better with synergies. They both can decimate. I just feel like Domino is a bit more versatile, and doesn't really need the regen considering most champs are dead before they get a chance to land a solid hit on you. Provided you're good at fighting with her.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Prefer blade if you’re looking for an alliance quest rank up. Prefer blade if you are still clearing Act 5. Prefer domino if you were working on variant or act 6. As for war well I think it depends on what tier you’re in. Tho I’m not sure I would rank up anybody for war right now?
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    edited December 2019

• H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    I have both, but if I had to choose I would rank 5 domino.
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    Domino.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I had this option myself, and choose blade .. however, that's because I already had an awakened Iceman already ranked up ... so my mutant base was covered ... I didn't really have anyone in skill ... and once I compared them .. blade brought more to the table for me ... so took him up and not regretting it.

Also .. I tried to play domino a few times ... I need more practice with her, as it is, I can barely hold my own vs a slightly higher PI opponent with her .. however, with Blade I can easily take on x2 or x3 pi opponent.

So I find there's a skill cap issue with them ... domino is not as easy to use as blade ... blade is much simpler to use .. so if you're not as skilled (like me :) ) the easier to use champ might just fit your particular play style better.