**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #4: Waning Moon

Once upon a time, a rogue hero took matters into his own hands, seeking to dispel evil by any means. The Collector sought to return him to The Contest... via some unlikely allies.

Introducing Back Issues #4: Waning Moon

Available 10am PT, Wednesday December 11th!

As the Contest has grown and evolved we’ve introduced many Event Quests, each with their own unique stories, and many that have expanded on the mythos of The Battlerealm and The Contest of Champions. We want to give Veteran Summoners a way to relive those moments, and newer ones that weren’t with us at the time a chance to experience the stories of the Contest that they had missed out on!

This Event Quest is available in TWO difficulties:

CLASSIC difficulty is a recreation of the original quest. While not completely 1:1, the layouts, difficulty, and dialogue are all the same as you remember. Take a stroll down memory lane and see how far you've come, or experience a quest you never got the chance to play!

VARIANT difficulty is a new spin on the quest, available for Summoners level 45 and up. This version features extreme challenge, new opponents, some minor map layout updates, and Champion Requirements that will ask you to reach deep into your roster and pick up some old favorites. This quest will test even the mightiest of Summoners, so be prepared!

The Variant Challenges!

With each Back Issue Variant Difficulty, we aim to shake up the Summoners Roster, either through implicit, or explicit Champion Requirements. This time, we’re making Summoners dig deep into their Rosters, and reviving some of your old favourites through the use of Rarity Restrictions!

Each Quest will require you to bring only certain Rarity Champions. Remember, this is permanent Content, so if you’ve lost your lower Rarity Champions over time, you’ll have time to rebuild that Roster. To assist in this, Summoners over level 45 will regain access to the “Hero Crystal” in the Misc. tab of the store, which contains 1 and 2-Star Champions.

Quest 1: 5 and 6-Star Champions Only
Quest 2: 5-Star Champions Only
Quest 3: 4-Star Champions Only
Quest 4: 3-Star Champions Only
Quest 5: 2-Star Champions Only
Quest 6: 1-Star Champions Only

New Buffs

In addition to some challenging Buffs that you’ve probably already seen around the Contest, this Variant Difficulty will introduce 4 new Buffs:

Crackling Energy:
Striking the Defender with a Contact attack puts a Passive Energy Damage over time effect on the Attacker dealing 0.5% of their max health every second for 10 seconds, stacking up to 10 times. Striking the Defender with a Non-Contact attack Removes all stacks.

Fundamentals:
The Defender has a -100% chance to use Special Attacks, instead they gain a bonus based on their Current Power:
  • Less than 1 Bar: Reduce all incoming Damage by 95%
  • 1 Bar: Gain +2100 Block Penetration
  • 2 Bars: All Attacks are Unblockable
  • 3 Bars: All Attacks are Unblockable and Charging a Heavy Attack deals 50% of the Defender's Attack as Direct Physical Damage.

Will of Konshu:
All of Moon Knight’s passive abilities are activated, regardless of the current lunar phase.

Echo Barrier:
Defender gains an energy barrier with 15 charges. Striking the Defender, applying a Bleed effect, or applying an Armour Break effect removes a charge. The Defender is immune to all damage while the barrier has charges remaining. Charges are restored to 15 every 20 seconds.

Rewards:

Like Back Issue #3, this Quest features 6 Individual Quests over 3 Chapters, unlike Back Issues #1 and #2, which featured 9. Quest Rewards reflect this.

For completing and exploring all of the Classic quests, you earn:
Tier 2 Generic ISO x3
Tier 3 Generic ISO x16
Tier 4 Generic ISO x9
Gold x9575
Units x150
Premium Hero Crystal Shards x8000
3-Star Hero Crystal Shards x2000
Stony Core x1

For completing and exploring all of the Variant quests, you earn:
5-Star Rank 2 → 3 Gem Crystal x3
5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal (2015/2016 Champs Only) x3
5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Rank 4 → 5 Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Crystal x2
Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments x27000
6-Star Crystal Shards x2250
5-Star Signature Stone Crystal x42
Gold x2,100,000
Units x270

EDIT: Clarified the Collector Crystal is only available to Summoners: Level 45+

EDIT: There is a typo on the Fundamentals node that is displaying the wrong damage value for when the defender charges a Heavy Attack at 3 bars of Power. The actual damage value is 50% of the Defender's Attack. We have corrected that in this announcement and are working on getting this visual error corrected within the game as well.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Sounds very interesting. Curious to see what you guys will do for the final 3 quests
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    When will the crystals for 1* champs be released
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Is there any counters against that fundamentals node? I didn’t see any loopholes.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Súper hyped, also @Kabam Miike will the gold in this be boosted by the 20% boost?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Will the nodes appear on the paths, or only when fightning against the bosses?
  • KaspyKaspy Posts: 154 ★★★

Is there any counters against that fundamentals node? I didn’t see any loopholes.

Don’t think so, looks like you have to get them over 1 bar of power and intercept like a god after that
    Ghost with a tech power boost should make easy work of that node
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★

@theMercenary This one worries me too. The only thing I can think of is Mr. Sinister, as he can still block unlockable attacks. Using him and trying to keep enemies around 2 bars of power may be effective.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    I'm extremely excited to jump in Wednesday... just have to make it thru the 1st 2 quests and I should be golden till the end almost all 3 & 2*s maxed out! 😎
  • Corby11Corby11 Posts: 163
    @Kabam Miike you can’t obtain 1* hero’s once you become uncollected, will there be some way for long term players who previously sold theirs to obtain 1* crystals?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Sounds like it’s going to be a nightmare for people like me who don’t have 2* and 3* ranked up and only 11 maxed out 4* champs 🤦🏻‍♂️

One of the reasons why i think doing champion or class restrictions is bad idea especially considering how gold is needed and its not like we all have money to burn in order to get sigil.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    This aspect looks interesting: Each Quest will require you to bring only certain Rarity Champions. Remember, this is permanent Content, so if you’ve lost your lower Rarity Champions over time, you’ll have time to rebuild that Roster.

Quest 1: 5 and 6-Star Champions Only
    Quest 2: 5-Star Champions Only
    Quest 3: 4-Star Champions Only
    Quest 4: 3-Star Champions Only
    Quest 5: 2-Star Champions Only
    Quest 6: 1-Star Champions Only
  • Sportsfan365Sportsfan365 Posts: 381
    Will there be nodes to boost the stats of 1 - 3 stars? Their stats don’t hold up very well with the attack and health of variant level opponents.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★
    What crystals give you 1*’s. ????
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Is the Attacker Buff for this Variant really only going to be for Moon Knight? ...nothing for Deadpool X-Force or a certain Variety of Champions? I loved how V2 focused on Several XL Champions Good and Bad for each Quest instead of just one single Champion for the whole thing, but with V3 and now what seems like V4 all the focus is going on one single champion that will have the same Buff/Buffs going for the Whole Event instead switching it up with different Buffs for Multiple Champions dotted around to promote Variety...
  • LufasoLufaso Posts: 104

Quake no ?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Agentk said:

Sounds like it’s going to be a nightmare for people like me who don’t have 2* and 3* ranked up and only 11 maxed out 4* champs 🤦🏻‍♂️

One of the reasons why i think doing champion or class restrictions is bad idea especially considering how gold is needed and its not like we all have money to burn in order to get sigil.
    Ah yes those 1* and 2* sure do cost a fortune to rank up
    Wasnt talking bout 1*...i was talking bout 3*