**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #4: Waning Moon

Comments

• TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    A little concerned about 1 star gates but I hope you all know that and tune the content for the most common 1 stars
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    BeroMan said:

So how we getting those 1 stars. I don’t have any lol

We're bringing back the Hero Crystal. It's a special Crystal with 1 and 2 Star Champions. It will live in the Store somewhere, but you can purchase them for more 1 and 2-Star Champions.

Note that this is NOT the Collector Crystal, which includes "Exclusive" 2-Star Champions.
    Will there be anyway to not have to purchase these crystals? Like do quick match? I don’t like using my units on champ crystals. I buy cavaliers Cuz im a gambler sometimes (not often) but I don’t want to use my units to try and pull a 1 Star but end up with 2s. Or will the drop rate be worth it where I buy 10 crystals and actually pull a decent amount of 1 Star champs?

Thanks for responding to me Miike!
    Not yet, but maybe during special events in the future. This is permanent content, and we don't want to change the 1v1 Prize permanently, but do like having it change for special events from time to time.

Right now, the only way will be the Hero Crystal, which will be available in the store for players level 45+ for 50 units.
    So we have to spend 50 units to get champ that we can only use once?! And it's not even guaranteed since as you said that crystal will include not only 1* but as well 2*...This seems quite annoying. I am sure unlike cavalier crystals where I almost always get lower-tier champs on this time I will get all 2* instead of 1*. Why anyone would enjoy this.
    Who says there won’t be 1* based content in the future? If you don’t want to spend on those crystals wait till they are free in the versus arena.
  • BAMF1980BAMF1980 Posts: 28
    Several of you seem to have missed the information, but Kabam has said that they're going to make 1* champs available again to those that lost, sold, or no longer have access to them. With it being permanent content, you'll have plenty of time to rebuild your rosters.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

That’s your problem, not the team’s problem. You chose not to do that and now your complaining that you have to use the catalysts to rank up champs.

So it's my problem and not the teams that I chose to not waste resources on champs that have been mostly outdated for 2-3 years compared to my better champs, and now would need them for a single event, taking resources from more worthy champs?
    You're saying you didn't rank up your champs because you felt like it was a waste of materials that you can use on 5/6* champions, as if T4B does not come a dime a dozen. You can literally get 18K T4B fragments from the Glory Store. At the end of the day, it does sound like a YOU problem, cause I have several R5 5* champs and multiple R5 4* champs
    Cool. I have 13 R5 5*, 4 R2 6*, 24 R4 5* and over 130 5* total...

I think I'm doing ok but here I am now having to use the T4B on 4* instead of the dozens of 5* I have waiting in rank ups.

But thanks for the lecture.
  • BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

BeroMan said:

We're bringing back the Hero Crystal. It's a special Crystal with 1 and 2 Star Champions. It will live in the Store somewhere, but you can purchase them for more 1 and 2-Star Champions.

Note that this is NOT the Collector Crystal, which includes "Exclusive" 2-Star Champions.
    Will there be anyway to not have to purchase these crystals? Like do quick match? I don’t like using my units on champ crystals. I buy cavaliers Cuz im a gambler sometimes (not often) but I don’t want to use my units to try and pull a 1 Star but end up with 2s. Or will the drop rate be worth it where I buy 10 crystals and actually pull a decent amount of 1 Star champs?

Thanks for responding to me Miike!
    Not yet, but maybe during special events in the future. This is permanent content, and we don't want to change the 1v1 Prize permanently, but do like having it change for special events from time to time.

Right now, the only way will be the Hero Crystal, which will be available in the store for players level 45+ for 50 units.
    So we have to spend 50 units to get champ that we can only use once?! And it's not even guaranteed since as you said that crystal will include not only 1* but as well 2*...This seems quite annoying. I am sure unlike cavalier crystals where I almost always get lower-tier champs on this time I will get all 2* instead of 1*. Why anyone would enjoy this.
    Who says there won’t be 1* based content in the future? If you don’t want to spend on those crystals wait till they are free in the versus arena.
    I would have waited but he does not say anything specific about time or date. And he is not even sure that there definatly will be such kind of event. He just says maybe there will be such event in indefinite future, like for 10 years anniversary of the game.
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

That’s your problem, not the team’s problem. You chose not to do that and now your complaining that you have to use the catalysts to rank up champs.

So it's my problem and not the teams that I chose to not waste resources on champs that have been mostly outdated for 2-3 years compared to my better champs, and now would need them for a single event, taking resources from more worthy champs?
    You're saying you didn't rank up your champs because you felt like it was a waste of materials that you can use on 5/6* champions, as if T4B does not come a dime a dozen. You can literally get 18K T4B fragments from the Glory Store. At the end of the day, it does sound like a YOU problem, cause I have several R5 5* champs and multiple R5 4* champs
    Cool. I have 13 R5 5*, 4 R2 6*, 24 R4 5* and over 130 5* total...

I think I'm doing ok but here I am now having to use the T4B on 4* instead of the dozens of 5* I have waiting in rank ups.

But thanks for the lecture.
    Then the decision is pretty simple for you, are the 4* ranks worth the rewards? Probably not for you and an account your size won’t miss them anyway.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Is the Attacker Buff for this Variant really only going to be for Moon Knight? ...nothing for Deadpool X-Force or a certain Variety of Champions? I loved how V2 focused on Several XL Champions Good and Bad for each Quest instead of just one single Champion for the whole thing, but with V3 and now what seems like V4 all the focus is going on one single champion that will have the same Buff/Buffs going for the Whole Event instead switching it up with different Buffs for Multiple Champions dotted around to promote Variety...

That's not an Attacker Buff, that's for the Moon Knight that you'll be facing off against.
    Wait what? Ok, sorry but that probably should've been specified. I was looking at it like how the Sentinel Attacker Buff was revealed in Variant 3's Post.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    edited December 2019

Is the Attacker Buff for this Variant really only going to be for Moon Knight? ...nothing for Deadpool X-Force or a certain Variety of Champions? I loved how V2 focused on Several XL Champions Good and Bad for each Quest instead of just one single Champion for the whole thing, but with V3 and now what seems like V4 all the focus is going on one single champion that will have the same Buff/Buffs going for the Whole Event instead switching it up with different Buffs for Multiple Champions dotted around to promote Variety...

That's not an Attacker Buff, that's for the Moon Knight that you'll be facing off against.
    This is extremely disappointing that we, the attackers, won't gain this bonus. Moon Knight is an underwhelming character in this game. His abilities are time cycles, and rely on so much chance to occur that he never gets to shine. The only previous time Moon Knight could have been something amazing was during the Champion's Challenge, where it was intended to launch when Moon Knight would have been on his Stun Phase. Then it was delayed to instead start a week later, avoiding that phase.

Back on the bench he goes.

This would have made 6, 5, 4, 3 and even the rare 2-Star Moon Knight awesome in this quest if he had access that all of his abilities at once, allowing people to make use of an otherwise less used and popular character in this game. Imagine if there was a reward of a 1-Star Moon Knight for the first completion of this Variant, allowing players an option to fight with him as their 1-Star Required champ.

The ideas of using previous content is neat, but it feels like there's missed opportunities in connecting it to the champions they should feature to conquer them (like the mutant variant where instead Techs gain a bonus, or the Ant-Man Quest where larger champions instead gain a bonus).
  • RoninMan said:

Can you clarify if there’s a way to acquire champs that don’t require units?
    Not right now, but we've run those crystals in other places in the past. They may come back in the future, but I don't know when/if that will happen.
    They should be rewards for 1v1 arena, needing to buy 1* champs for 50 units is absurd. It’s getting milked for a useless champ. I’m fine with needing to use your roster but asking us to pay for 1* champs because we can’t access them is ridiculous.
    You don't have to do this right now. In the future, we may have events like we have had in the past that gives access to 1-Star Champions. I don't have a timeline or a definitive answer on if that will be happening, but this is permanent Content and is not going anywhere.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Markjv81 said:

Then the decision is pretty simple for you, are the 4* ranks worth the rewards? Probably not for you and an account your size won’t miss them anyway.

Actually those rank up gems are quite handy now that they include 2016 and there are maybe 2 AGs I wouldn't mind getting (especially tech for my Warlock)
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    To those complaining because you sold champs and would need to spend units for 1* and 2* champs, you only have to spend units because of YOUR decision to sell champs. Just because you didn’t have any use for them for a long time didn’t mean you had to sell them. It’s not like it was ever hurting you to keep those champs. Even before this Variant, not selling champs has always been the smart decision for long-term progress. I get that it may have been an early-game progression mistake, but at least you’re getting a chance to fix that mistake at all, just for a price.
  • EpicGOATEpicGOAT Posts: 46
    I don't have any 1*.... Will I be completely screwed?
    DalBot said:

Markjv81 said:

Actually those rank up gems are quite handy now that they include 2016 and there are maybe 2 AGs I wouldn't mind getting (especially tech for my Warlock)
    Ok so now you’re just contradicting yourself, saying that it’s a waste of resources but you also want the rewards. Can’t be both.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Havent done any variant and aint planning to do any at all...even when i finish EQ i just enjoy my free time and only log on during AQ and AW.

Wait i think i will finally be able to max all my 3* and 4* once i obtain all the champs in the game oh wait they are added every month lmao
  • Deacon03Deacon03 Posts: 235 ★★★

So these will be the basic champs from the Pnc and the old daily crystal??? @Kabam Miike
  • onebeyondallonebeyondall Posts: 70

OMG ! 2015/2016? all my 5* mytic already max r4. There are only limited amount of 2015/2016. Kabam should do a cap on the gem we can get!
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Can we expect the opponents of the later chapters to also be of lower tier? I certainly hope you don't expect us to use a 1* to fight a 6* opponent in the last quest of variant 4
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

Oh! Something that I've notice that a lot of Veteran players might not be aware of is that you can score 2-Star Champions from Completion of the Normal Difficulty of the Event Quest, and some of them are Rare 2-Stars. For instance, this month is Captain Marvel.

Now, I don't have her as a 3-6 Star, so I'm hoping that I can use her in this Variant.

3*?

Idk I feel like people should realize by now selling 1-2* is a bad plan seeing we have had a couple 2* arenas already.
  • Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
    In the fundamentals node: under one bar of power
    Will quake's damage count towards the reduction?
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Laksh1995 said:

In the fundamentals node: under one bar of power
    Will quake's damage count towards the reduction?

Less than 1 Bar: Reduce all incoming Damage by 95%

From the description I’d say yes