**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I’ve been playing this game now for years and for some odd reason, I feel its time to speak...

Can you guys please change the wording to completing and explored? Those are kind of synonyms and it doesn’t really make sense. How bout traversed for one time through and explored for fully traversed?

I’ve enjoyed 2019! Great content, still after all this time, the only game I come back to, even after duping my 6 star cable (r.i.p. 10,000-6* shards, 11/29/2019, you will always be missed)

Comments

• Agree, to me the word COMPLETED means that you are totally done with a quest (instead of having just done 1 path).

And EXPLORED is probably closer in meaning to SAMPLED. Could definitely have either meaning of EXPLORED A PATH, versus EXPLORED THE WHOLE THING.

In the rewards listing where both are shown next to each other it is always pretty clear what each one means. But in generic messages (mail, forum, etc), when they just mention something like “once you COMPLETE a quest”, it can be very confusing for some people to know whether they mean just 1st pass or the whole thing.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    That is less confusing than some of the synergy explainations! Some of them may as well be greek.
  • ChewybuccaChewybucca Posts: 95
    Explore the maps till there completed
    Or
    Complete all maps till there explored

It’s simple?
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    And i thought i had OCD
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    I come on the forums for entertainment.
    The OP gets 1 point for originality. 😊🙃😊
  • Agree, to me the word COMPLETED means that you are totally done with a quest (instead of having just done 1 path).

And EXPLORED is probably closer in meaning to SAMPLED. Could definitely have either meaning of EXPLORED A PATH, versus EXPLORED THE WHOLE THING.

In the rewards listing where both are shown next to each other it is always pretty clear what each one means. But in generic messages (mail, forum, etc), when they just mention something like “once you COMPLETE a quest”, it can be very confusing for some people to know whether they mean just 1st pass or the whole thing.

To avoid that confusion when I think it might be likely I simply say FIRST completion and FULL exploration to emphasize the meaning of those words in context. There’s no need to change the wording per se as nothing short of full sentences would eliminate all possible ambiguity and that would be too long to include in the in-game UIs.

Incidentally those words do encompass reasonable definitions for this situation; they aren’t “wrong” in that sense. Every map has an obvious structure to reach the final boss and defeat him to proceed to the next map. That is reasonably described as “completing” the map. In that context, “exploration” has the obvious meaning of traversing all the other paths not originally taken.
  • Explore the maps till there completed
    Or
    Complete all maps till there explored

It’s simple?

If I told my teacher (back in the day) that I COMPLETED my assignment, but in fact I had only done the first part of the assignment, what do you think she would have said ??

Just saying, we see new threads all the time asking Kabam to clarify some statements on Rewards from people not understanding whether they need to do just 1st pass, or full 100%.
    And this includes the recent AQ MODIFIERS System, where it was not immediately known whether you get the Modifier Bonus by just “Completing” the map beating Thanos, or by fully 100% “Exploring” the Map.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I agree this has always irked me, mostly because I get it mixed up every time I try to talk about it in alliance chats. as a conpletionist I think of completing as in finishing, and I think of exploration as exploring to find a path through to the boss. I’ve completed this months eq seems more like finishing the whole thing rather than a single exploratory once through