**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #4: Waning Moon

Comments

• Mr_MahaRajaMr_MahaRaja Posts: 5
    P_R_I_M_E said:

P_R_I_M_E said:

P_R_I_M_E said:

Why are you punishing players who don’t have 1* heroes ? So now I have to spend few thousands units to get a 1* champions that will not help me anywhere but in V4 ? Or I should just not play new content at all ? That’s a horrible treatment for a lot of players.
    Please give us opportunity to get 1* now from 1vs1, at least for a week or 2. Or even if you so greedy make only 1* crystal for 10-20 units.
    50 units to get 2* over and over it’s insane.

Our definitions of "Punishing" must be very different. You'll have the opportunity to get 1-Stars again from Crystals, or there may other opportunities in the future.This is permanent Content, and having the choice to get crystals now, or waiting for other opportunities in the future is not a Punishment for content that isn't going anywhere.
    Mike, do you realize that not everyone works in a game studio and spend all his work time with MCOC in mind?
    You saying that I should wait unknown amount of time to maybe get opportunity to gain a chance to get 1* champs to play V4 ?
    What if that happens when I have vocation with my family? Should I cancel it other way I cannot obtain 1* ?
    What if it happens when I have business trips ? Should I cancel it as well ?
    That’s is a punishment for players. You forcing us to spend a few thousand units to gain 1*-2* to play a little piece of content. Those 1* not gonna boost prestige no help in act 6.
    So why should we spend to get 1*? Because waiting for opportunity to get them and change our schedules to play when it happens clearly isn’t a way for most people
    I have a simple solution for you, DON'T PLAY VARIANT 4. There will be more variants which don't have this type of requirement. Plus it's not like 5.2 or 6.1 where completing it will change everything in the game for you. If you don't have 1* and can't get them when it drops then don't play it.
    Wow, so smart. What should I play if all other Variants are 100% and 6.1 6.2 and 6.3 100% as well ? Probably I should just delete game.
    Maybe if lots of people would do so, there will be no content with requirements that can’t be achieved
    I dare you to delete this game right now
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I’m really excited for this! Hoping the difficulty in the last quest takes into account we only have access to an extremely limited roster.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★

TKS87 said:

RoninMan said:

So how we getting those 1 stars. I don’t have any lol

We're bringing back the Hero Crystal. It's a special Crystal with 1 and 2 Star Champions. It will live in the Store somewhere, but you can purchase them for more 1 and 2-Star Champions.

Note that this is NOT the Collector Crystal, which includes "Exclusive" 2-Star Champions.
    Can you clarify if there’s a way to acquire champs that don’t require units?
    Not right now, but we've run those crystals in other places in the past. They may come back in the future, but I don't know when/if that will happen.
    They should be rewards for 1v1 arena, needing to buy 1* champs for 50 units is absurd. It’s getting milked for a useless champ. I’m fine with needing to use your roster but asking us to pay for 1* champs because we can’t access them is ridiculous.
    You don't have to do this right now. In the future, we may have events like we have had in the past that gives access to 1-Star Champions. I don't have a timeline or a definitive answer on if that will be happening, but this is permanent Content and is not going anywhere.
    Here's the main problem though; I get that it's permanent content and it's not going anywhere but if you're bringing back the 1-2 star hero crystal upon the release of the event that means you could be doing something else upon the release of the event for access to those champs too. Seems like a cheap move, you know people want to do this content right away so you're offering 50 units for the champs for it, then saying you 'may' have them available through other events in the future. 50 units is absurd to have to pay for a chance at a 1* champ. Put in special objectives, or change the 1v1 rewards for a week or two after releasing it. There are many different, better ways to let us collect the champs necessary for this.

I will say that aside from this issue though, really looking forward to this one. It's been a long time since I've brought out a full team of 2, 3 and 4 star champions. Takes me back to the good ol days.
    They already had the 1v1 change... why didn't you recover your 1*s then? I'm fine with them doing it again, I just don't get why people still don't have 1s at this point. I sold mine and have 9.
    That wasn't for 1* man that was for exclusive 2* champs
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I know they're not going to change it and I'm perfectly fine with everything with the exception of needing one star champions. They're not available and completely useless.

P_R_I_M_E said:

Why are you punishing players who don’t have 1* heroes ? So now I have to spend few thousands units to get a 1* champions that will not help me anywhere but in V4 ? Or I should just not play new content at all ? That’s a horrible treatment for a lot of players.
    Please give us opportunity to get 1* now from 1vs1, at least for a week or 2. Or even if you so greedy make only 1* crystal for 10-20 units.

Our definitions of "Punishing" must be very different. You'll have the opportunity to get 1-Stars again from Crystals, or there may other opportunities in the future.This is permanent Content, and having the choice to get crystals now, or waiting for other opportunities in the future is not a Punishment for content that isn't going anywhere.
    I would disagree and say that is punishing. I'm fine with everything about it with the exception of 1 stars when they're not even available. I just found out that Colossus doesn't even have his new updated abilities for the 1 stars. The only thing that can make this semi justifiable is to make sure the 1 star portion is relatively easy.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

RoninMan said:

We're bringing back the Hero Crystal. It's a special Crystal with 1 and 2 Star Champions. It will live in the Store somewhere, but you can purchase them for more 1 and 2-Star Champions.

Note that this is NOT the Collector Crystal, which includes "Exclusive" 2-Star Champions.
    Not right now, but we've run those crystals in other places in the past. They may come back in the future, but I don't know when/if that will happen.
    This is a bad job by y’all, but the rest of it sounds great. It would make sense to send uncollected players the original 6 1-star champs just in case they sold them. If they didn’t, they get a meaningless amount of iso. If they did, they at least have the intended starting roster.

“You got rid of something you had no reason to save until now. Pay us to fix it.”

I don’t mind ranking champs for content, though. I am excited to have a reason to do something with my novelty 2-stars, and there are enough synergies that even 4-stars will come in handy somewhere.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

RoninMan said:

This is a bad job by y’all, but the rest of it sounds great. It would make sense to send uncollected players the original 6 1-star champs just in case they sold them. If they didn’t, they get a meaningless amount of iso. If they did, they at least have the intended starting roster.

“You got rid of something you had no reason to save until now. Pay us to fix it.”

I don’t mind ranking champs for content, though. I am excited to have a reason to do something with my novelty 2-stars, and there are enough synergies that even 4-stars will come in handy somewhere.
    It’s not their fault you sold all your 1*s and being punished for it. You shouldn’t have sold your 1*s. Anybody who thinks it’s kabam s vault that you sold your 1*s, you couldn’t be more wrong. You people made the choice and are now being punished for it
    All of you bitter players that are happy because Cavalier players like myself sold our 1 star champs back in 2015 when we first started playing the game and don't have access to them anymore is pretty sad. Its not fun to be locked out of content no matter how far in the game you progressed. I sold my one star champions but luckily I retrieved 7 and the word got around that you should never sell any champions once I finally decided to join an alliance.

I don't want to hear you all complaining that content is too hard or rarity gates are not fair if that's how you want to act.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    I can't wait for all the Mephistos and Icemans in 3.2. Makes me think this could be a reason why Colossus didn't get the rework as a 1*. No 1* champ has an incinerate immunity or cold immunity
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Frosty said:

I can't wait for all the Mephistos and Icemans in 3.2. Makes me think this could be a reason why Colossus didn't get the rework as a 1*. No 1* champ has an incinerate immunity or cold immunity

Hopefully we will get more 1*s with more immunities.
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    DalBot said:

So you want end game players to waste T4B to rank up 4* just for this variant....

Seriously?

Then you should honestly have no problem. I went through paths of variant 1 2 and 3 with r3 and r4 4* champs. If you call yourself an endgame player then you shouldn't have a problem taking down a 100K health opponent with a r3 4*. Variant health pools aren't the highest around.
  • Owl_0wlOwl_0wl Posts: 210
    Think it works better saying 'spending hundreds of units on gaining exclusive 2*s' but this one is more relevant to the current chat
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    I don’t agree with everyone saying it’s punishment. It definitely isn’t. We chose to sell those 1 Star champs and we made the conscious decision to do so. But I do agree with the community that we should be given access to them as end game players. The lower tiered players have access (they can’t even touch this content) and we should also, if we chose to. If we have to purchase them with units thats ok, but making them 50 and adding 2 stars is a bit much I think. Especially when there are only 11 and over 100 2 stars. Chances of pulling them without spending 1000 units is slim. If you make them 10 units then sure that’s not horrible.

Also we understand it’s permanent content but most of us love clearing content as it launches, that’s what makes the game fun for us. Having to wait for an event that may or may not happen isn’t something 99.9999% of the end game players want to do.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I kept just 1 1* as a souvenir and that’s “hawkeye”
    I hope he single handedly do the quest 🤪
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

All of you bitter players that are happy because Cavalier players like myself sold our 1 star champs back in 2015 when we first started playing the game and don't have access to them anymore is pretty sad. Its not fun to be locked out of content no matter how far in the game you progressed. I sold my one star champions but luckily I retrieved 7 and the word got around that you should never sell any champions once I finally decided to join an alliance.

I don't want to hear you all complaining that content is too hard or rarity gates are not fair if that's how you want to act.

What about those of us that are Cavalier, didn't sell all our low rarity champs, and dont complain about rarity gates?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

1) don't lump all cavalier players together with you, not all of us sold our 1* champions.
    2) what is the point you are trying to get across again? I'm confused by your post.

What about those of us that are Cavalier, didn't sell all our low rarity champs, and dont complain about rarity gates?
    Then I'm not really talking to you. I'm talking about the rarity gates complainers that finally get one advantage with 1 stars and all of a sudden acting snobby about it. Its just weird.

Then I'm not really talking to you. I'm talking about the rarity gates complainers that finally get one advantage with 1 stars and all of a sudden acting snobby about it. Its just weird.

I still have my one stars, please read before you comment. I sold them and got them back before I reached uncollected. If anyone is confused by my post than so be it.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Will there be anyway to not have to purchase these crystals? Like do quick match? I don’t like using my units on champ crystals. I buy cavaliers Cuz im a gambler sometimes (not often) but I don’t want to use my units to try and pull a 1 Star but end up with 2s. Or will the drop rate be worth it where I buy 10 crystals and actually pull a decent amount of 1 Star champs?

Thanks for responding to me Miike!
    Not yet, but maybe during special events in the future. This is permanent content, and we don't want to change the 1v1 Prize permanently, but do like having it change for special events from time to time.

Right now, the only way will be the Hero Crystal, which will be available in the store for players level 45+ for 50 units.
    Its 60 units for a 2-4* crystal PHC - so we're being charged just as much basically for a 1-2* crystal? Surely it should be alot cheaper especially since its the only way we can actually complete this content?

I'm okay to a degree personally I have 7 1*s and pretty much all my 2*s max rank approaching max sig - but for a piece of content which is meant to encourage diversity its blocking any players who made poor decisions at a lower level chasing that endgame goal
    Just like in real life. If you want something bad enough you have to pay a little extra. You made the choice to sell now you have to live with the consequences. And those are having to spend to get
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Oh you mean the people who Cavilers look down on? Get off your high horse, it’s time for those of us with 1*’s to ride it

Oh you mean the people who Cavilers look down on? Get off your high horse, it’s time for those of us with 1*’s to ride it
    Enjoy bruh lol. Ride the wave haha.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231

:) guess I can get through the last chapter ok but what will I do to get started when I don't land good 5 or 6 stars :/
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Still gotta get through the 5/6*s quests for it to matter though
  • So can we expect to have back draft intercept fixed and the recovery of AI fixed when this is released?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    P_R_I_M_E said:

P_R_I_M_E said:

P_R_I_M_E said:

Mike, do you realize that not everyone works in a game studio and spend all his work time with MCOC in mind?
    You saying that I should wait unknown amount of time to maybe get opportunity to gain a chance to get 1* champs to play V4 ?
    What if that happens when I have vocation with my family? Should I cancel it other way I cannot obtain 1* ?
    What if it happens when I have business trips ? Should I cancel it as well ?
    That’s is a punishment for players. You forcing us to spend a few thousand units to gain 1*-2* to play a little piece of content. Those 1* not gonna boost prestige no help in act 6.
    So why should we spend to get 1*? Because waiting for opportunity to get them and change our schedules to play when it happens clearly isn’t a way for most people
    You were given the 1*s and 2*s for free... We've already had opportunities to get 1*s for free after it was made clear that there may be future content in which we would need them. 1000s of units? There are 12 1*s in the game. I doubt you need all 12. Don't think you can even get all 12 from the crystal. What you should have done is kept your champs. Now you need to spend some units, not thousands, but some, or wait. Or wait for the next variant. Kabam isn't forcing you to do anything. You made a bad decision, then doubled down on it by not acquiring 1*s for free when you had the chance. Now you are reaping what you sowed. Cheers.
    Please don’t spend your time on forum insulting people. Better learn some math. There are 12 1* champs but they said that 50 units crystal will contain 1 and 2 stars. Now count how many 2 stars there and you will see that it can take couple thousand units to get 1* you need.
    As for chance to get 1*s before, not everyone plays game every single month. If there are content with requirements, there should be a way to obtain needed champs without need to constantly be on a hunt for opportunity to get those 1*
    No insult was made. I'm pretty sure there are a couple 1*s that you can't get back if you sell and you aren't going to need all 12 anyway. You'd have to open 40 crystals to get to "thousands."