**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anniversary Gift Disappointment

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

being Proven, I got a 4* and the shards I needed for a 5* crystal and duped flipping Masacre again in the 4* and got Sentinel in the 5* who was right between BPCW and Cyke Blue, either of whom I want. Heck I woulda taken Angela who span by about 15 times on the reel.

Sentinel is a solid pull
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    @DRTO said:

A person expecting nothing and getting a thousand dollars will always be happy. A person expecting two thousand dollars and only getting a thousand will always be dissapointed. Change your mentality people and stop complaining about free stuff.

What's your motivation to play the game of you don't expect to pull any good champ? I'm really curious
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,153 ★★★★★
    A Nexus crystal would have been much better, but even then some people would have complained.

I have yet to open mine.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,441 ★★★★
    Imagine complaining about FREE 15k 5 star shards
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,153 ★★★★★
    But personally I am jacked with the free 10K shards.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,614 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

@DRTO said:

A person expecting nothing and getting a thousand dollars will always be happy. A person expecting two thousand dollars and only getting a thousand will always be dissapointed. Change your mentality people and stop complaining about free stuff.

What's your motivation to play the game of you don't expect to pull any good champ? I'm really curious
    Thats not what I was getting at, I am saying that if you never expect Kabam to give you free stuff then you will never uneccesarily complain that it is not enough. But if you expect a 7* awakening gem and free 8* shards all the time then you will never be satisfied.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Something a lot of people are forgetting is that the anniversary gift is usually meh, the Xmas gift is the big one, Xmas is where we got the 5* ag last year

Wasn't last xmas 5 gifting crystals?
  • Godsquad191Godsquad191 Posts: 4
    I'm sorry I wasn't going to comment further on this however. If people are saying that the free gift which by definition is a gift you didn't have to work for which is what we got just for logging in. Is not free because they have spent money on the game which is there choice to do so I don't think they understand the concept of business. If you go to a high street store and they offer you free mulled wine and a mince pie is it really free?....
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

I'm sorry I wasn't going to comment further on this however. If people are saying that the free gift which by definition is a gift you didn't have to work for which is what we got just for logging in. Is not free because they have spent money on the game which is there choice to do so I don't think they understand the concept of business. If you go to a high street store and they offer you free mulled wine and a mince pie is it really free?....

Umm yes? It’s free because you didn’t pay for it. Also you fail to understand that there is a large group of F2P players that play this game so not everyone spends money.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Vydious thanks for the response! It makes me feel heard when you comment on my posts!
  • The wonderful thing about getting a free 15k in 5* shards is the simple choices. You can choose to immediately open a 5* Basic and have 5k leftover leaving you halfway to another. You can choose to immediately open a 5* Feature. You can choose to hold on to them for another week and try the new Feature that's inbound. Or hold them until you have a set amount to open X amount of either Feature or Basic.

Point is, there's choices in the matter and that's what makes this gift fantastic in my opinion. Yeah, ultimately the outcome hinges on RNG, but even a **** dupe gives you more 6* shards, ISO, Gold, and sig levels. Not every crystal will yield something great. Not every crystal will yield something bad. At the end of the day, you have more than you had prior so that's a win in my book.
  • Godsquad191Godsquad191 Posts: 4
    RoninMan said:

Umm yes? It’s free because you didn’t pay for it. Also you fail to understand that there is a large group of F2P players that play this game so not everyone spends money.
    Actually yes and no it's not really free the business has brought those mince pies and mulled wine in a hope a percentage of the people getting those free gifts will purchase something in the store to make profit. That's how business works you wouldnt throttle the person giving the free gifts to get a bottle or a tray of mince pies if you didn't like it you would just take your business elsewhere. 😂
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,870 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

@Demonzfyre you are really going to tell me that another twenty levels on Loki has the same amount of value as pulling a first time domino or warlock? It simply doesn’t. That’s what makes this gift so frustrating is that while everyone essentially got the same thing if you are cavalier, everyone got wildly different value from it.

275 6* shards I didn't have before is how I'd look at it. More ISO to rank up champs too.

What would have made you happy exactly? What's guaranteed value that would make sense for all? Excluding rare items cause that wouldn't happen anyway.
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 192
    Just be thankful for something that was free!
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

RoninMan said:

Actually yes and no it's not really free the business has brought those mince pies and mulled wine in a hope a percentage of the people getting those free gifts will purchase something in the store to make profit. That's how business works you wouldnt throttle the person giving the free gifts to get a bottle or a tray of mince pies if you didn't like it you would just take your business elsewhere. 😂
    But if I walk up and it’s given to me and I don’t buy anything, it is for free. Am I missing something? You literally did nothing and spent nothing. It is free.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I got a free red skull dupe, wouldve hoped better but I think its more of the fault of my featured luck rather than the gift itself
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★

Thanks for the feedback on this, folks. We really appreciate hearing it even if it's negative.

I wasn't disappointed even though I pulled a 5* Karnak.
    However, to help alleviate some of the lunchbag letdown - I'd love to see more 5* Nexus Crystals where you can pick from 3.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre Honesty, potions, revives, and some boosts. Ideally 5 lvl 3 single revives, 5 lvl 2 team revives, 8 lvl 4 (I think that’s the gold one) single potions, and 5 lvl 3 team health potions. As for boosts, three of the 30% attack and health. Maybe 100,000 gold. With variant 4 and 6.4 coming up, that’s exactly what I need and what I think is a fair gift.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    If people are ungrateful with free five stars, I would say some are too hard to please. I got a dupe on my Korg, I'll never use him but I was happy I got to open a free 5 star. I say thank you to kabam for the wonderful gifts this month.
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    RNG sucks but 15k shards is great. I'm not disappointed.